Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 03:47

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Urgently need some inspiration

Hi all

I am really pissed off at the moment as I put up a lb this week. I am starting to lose my motivation and am bored to death with my diet!

Anyone any tips for lunches and snacks before I lose my way completely and put back on the 10lbs that I've lost?

PLease help!!!!

Clodagh
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 05:10

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Clodagh

For one thing...its just a pound! Look at a pound of butter...then look at 10 lbs of butter...a LOT bigger isn't it. So take a deep breath. Also, they may be lots of reasons for gaining a pound and not all of them are bad! TOM for example, natural fluctuations in weight. Weight loss isn't necessarily a straight plummet down...as long as the general trend is in a downward direction you are doing fine.

Also...stop weighing yourself! Take measurements or use the pants-o-meter! Have someone hide your scale...its NOT your friend and shouldn't dictate how you feel about yourself and your WOE.

As for food...here are some of my favourites:
- cottage cheese and fruit
- cheese and sandwich meats (particularly nice prosciutto and brie) w/ grapes
- hummus w/ baby carrots and celery
- leftover meat and mayo, mustard rolled in lettuce
- almonds
- ricotta cheese w/ fruit
- apple w/ a dollop of peanut butter
- low-carb pancakes w/ sf jam
- sf jello made w/ 1/2 water, 1/2 cream

Hope this helps!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 07:19

BF:

Thanks Lisa

I am feeling sorry for myself because I am under pressure to start looking for a dress for my wedding in October and I just need to have to lose weight!

Also my friend told me today that she can't come to my wedding.
So I am generally pissed off, and the lb was the final straw!

anyway, thanks for the ideas, I will give some of them a go over the weekend.

Clo
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 07:43

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

i agree, stay off the scale. Your body knows best, and it will lose fat at the rate it will lose fat (which is not at all like losing weight, btw). You'll look terrific at your wedding if you're happy, even if you weighed 300.

Here are some more breakfast/lunch ideas:

http://users.erols.com/dyandan/breakfast.htm
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 10:37

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I agree with the other posters about the scales, except I can never stay off! The thing that has worked for me to not be discouraged is to realize it is just *one* tool of measurement (and not always accurate & very fickle)! Other tools are the tape measure, how clothes fit, the feeling of flabby areas firming, and the control gained over cravings for food items that are bad for our bodies. If you give it enough time you will see this.

Unless you have very expensive scales they vary according to where they are placed on the floor, how you step on them, etc. Also women's weight depends so on hormones, time of month, whether you have used the bathroom etc. They can be a helpful tool, but *not* the end all and be all. Come on, we are smarter than they are!

Remember that this is a plan to get away from yo-yo dieting where we lose a quick 10-20 lbs. then gain it back with friends coming along also(extra lbs. regained).

I have found that consistent exercise helps me progress in the above mentioned ways. Not over exercising (that makes you tired, hungry and can cause injuries) , but the recommended 20-30 minutes 3-4 xs wkly. I find walking the dog or walking like I am late for an appointment helps. (for cardio/aerobics). Also it is great getting outdoors seeing nature, forgetting stresses, thus releasing tension, for 20-30 minutes. This could also give you time for yourself, which will be a requirement for your sanity as you plan a wedding! By the way ~~ congratulations!

There is a website that talks about using light weights in an "8 minutes in the morning routine" that I have found helpful, maybe you & others will too:
http://www.jorgecruise.com/
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 15:05

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 178/158/145
BF:36%/23.5%/22.5%
Progress: 61%
Default Frustrated, too

I have yo-yo'd all my life and am hoping with fingers and toes crossed that I can finally make some progress either on the scale or with my clothes loosening up. So far, it's very, very slow. I've been on SP for 5 weeks now and have only lost 2 lbs. I am exercising, weight training, and feeling stronger due to my workout commitment but the results are not easy to come by.

This, for me, goes back even further than the last 5 weeks. I've been working out and 'dieting' for about 1-1/2 years and am still at the same weight. Ugh.

I'm happy for all of you who have experienced great results. This encouragement thread helps. I want to be one of you!!!

Susan
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 07:53

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:

Clodagh,
I took a look at your jounal and your food is non existent. Maybe it would help if you started listing the foods you eat. I wonder if your eating enough or often enough. I have read here before sometimes you need to shake your body up a little. If you normally eat 3 big meals; try eating five smaller meals. Also how is your water intake.
If your working out maybe you have been adding muscle faster than your losing fat. How is your salt intake this can cause problems sometimes with water retention. I don't know if your having trouble staying on the woe. When I get hungry at the end of the night I drink green tea sweetened with artificial sweetner and it takes away the hunger and its good for you. One more thing if I may? I have trouble following my own rule but I am sure it is a good one. Weigh once a week. Weigh on Wednesday. Most people who are going to cheat do it on the weekends. If your weighing on Wednesdays you won't know if you gained a pound over the weekend. It helps us to not get discouraged. We so want the scales to move but it is more about progress.
Jerry
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 02:50

BF:

HI all

I put details of a few days food on my journal. I'd really love some feedback from you all.

thanks a million

Clodagh
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:00

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

This is just one woman's opinion , but it looks nicely balanced to me. I know you are anxious to show a loss on the scale, personally when I am pushing for that I try to not have my heavier carbohydrate snacks like chocolate in the evening as it is assumed that items like that are not 'burned' as effieciently as if earlier in the day. Also, personally, ( I am 50 and hypothyroid ~ so maybe this isn't true of all,) but I cannot consume wine very often, especially late, without it showing up on the scale or waistline!

When trying to lose, the higher glycemic veggies like potatoes,peas, and beets portions usually have to be carefully controled. I always see the most progress with losing (the evil scale) when I stuff down as many low glycemic veggies and fruits (berries, berries, berries) as possible. Courgettes (I had to check that in my dictionary) are terrific also - very low glycemic) I like to use them as pasta replacement or additions by slicing them with a potato peeler as suggested in a Suzanne Somer's cookbook.

I always study the 'low fat' dressings labels here (U.S.) as they are frequently higher sugar than the 'regular~full fat ones' (and not as tasty anyway!

Keep up the good work and keep us informed!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:20

BF:

THanks a million Rosarugosa,

that was really helpful. I will go any buy some berries today.

Sorry about the courgette- forgot you called them Zucchini ;-)

A funny thing happened today. My partner called me and asked me was I feeling unwell. I said 'yes, and how did you know?' He said that he had bet himself 5 euros that I would be unwell today, as he knew that the chocolate ice cream I ate yesterday would kick in eventually and make me ill!

( I had conveniently forgotten about it...........)

I can't get away with anything anymore!

Clo