Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Talking Hi! New to this board...

HI! I am new here but not to this woe... I was doing Atkins, but had such a hard time with the evening and wanting something more... so I got this book out and started it yesterday. So far so good! Of course what diet isn't so far so good within the first two days! Anyhow, I am looking for support and others who are on this woe and found this. I was on another board, but they were all mainly Atkins and didn't support this woe at all so... here I am! Just wanted to say Hi!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 20:58
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 207.5/203/190
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool Welcome aboard

I'm fairly new here myself. Make yourself comfy; there's lots of great people here.

#3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 21:45

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default WELCOME

HI AMY,
I'VE BEEN ON THIS FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS, WELL I GUESS REALLY 1 1/2 STRICT. I WAS ON ATKINS TOO AND WENT A BIT CARB CRAZY WHEN I WENT OFF. JUST READ THE BOOK CAREFULLY. ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE REWARD MEALS AND THEIR PROPORTIONS.
START A JOURNAL TOO. I JUST STARTED ONE AND EVERYONE HERE IS VERY SUPPORTIVE.

GOOD LUCK!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 10:13

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Welcome!

I lost 40 pounds on this WOE until I stopped (duh!) and then gained it back! Now I've made it my WOL and love that I can eat dinner with my skinny husband!

A word of caution-the newer book (CALP) advocates balancing your RM so it's not a one-hour eating fest. The CAD book actually says this but the guidelines are clearer in CALP. I do CAD and had success with it before, but if you experience stalls, you may get and read CALP.

Hope that this WOE works well for you!

-animaldoc