Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: protein and fat
Stats: 181.5/154/139 Female 62 inches
BF:38.5%/34.8%/24%
Progress: 65%
Default Kinume's Activity Log

Okay, entry #1.

Background: I'm on a high fat, moderate protein, no carb diet. That means no vegetables and fruit. I currently weigh 168.5 and need to get down at least another 30 pounds.

Today was Karate day. For a good hour and a half, I had to bust my butt to keep up with everyone else. It really does get easier as you go. I've been going for 2 months consistently now and have actually gained my yellow belt! Go me!

The only other woman in the club asked me if I had lost weight since she hadn't been around for about 2 weeks, and of course by today, I was down 13 pounds. But then she had to go ask HOW I was doing it. I found myself hedging (alright I lied), and said I was doing just the Paleo diet. Meat, fat, vegetables and fruit. I just didn't want to give her a coronary before class!

Next workout will probably be tomorrow night after class but not for too long as I won't get there until 10ish and they close at 11pm.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 00:20
Registered Member

Default Wednesday

I said I was going to the gym after class tonight? Not.

It's late and I need to make tomorrow's food.

But tomorrow night is another Karate class.. my legs were weary today. I'll have to use some Biotherm Happy Legs tomorrow morning.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 23:39
Registered Member

Default Friday April 21 2006

Okay, I went to the gym tonight. For about 45 minutes. But at least I went.

I was exhausted and I chalk that up to T.O.M.

I did manage to power walk up my hill on the treadmill. 15 minutes at 3.3 speed, and a 14% incline. If you ever want to focus on your butt and hamstrings, that's the way to do it. The trick is to lengthen your stride so that you're not letting your calves do most of the work (as I tend to do).

Also did 3 sets of lat pull downs at 60lbs (I THINK it's pounds), then some pec work at 55 lbs.

It was about then I decide to call it a night.

I have Karate first thing in the morning tomorrow so I really should get some sleep.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 23:06
Registered Member

Default Mid May Update..

Hmm.. I seem to be rather lax about journaling.. qu'elle surprise.. (not!)

Anyway, went to Karate this morning and received another armload of bruises.. can't wait until my body conditions up.

I now have quads. I can leg press 200 pounds! And my calves are starting to show muscular definition.

I've been quite consistent with going to the gym now as well. This means I work out about 5 days a week consistently and have managed to not slack off. I can almost taste the health and weight loss benefits. NOt that I'm unhealthy. I'm healthier than a horse actually.

Anyway, tomorrow night is gym night again. I still haven't started the pilates yet. I really need to work on my flexibility. Perhaps I'll look into Yoga as well. Just to see if perhaps that will draw me in better.

Have to go now. Nite.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 00:30
Registered Member

Default 2006 July 11

Okay I've been rather lax at keeping up this gym log but I've been consistent.

Tonight was Karate. There was 3 of us and Sensei. Tweaked my forms a bit more and did some free sparring. That's always fun.

During Sanchin, Sensei has finally realized that I am actually tougher than I look so he actually did some real 'Shime' on me. THat means that while I do the form, I have to be 'locked down'. This means holding all muscles tightly while performing the form. Then Sensei comes along and 'slaps' various muscles to ensure that there's enough effort being expended.

Anyway, you had to be there. It doesn't sound all that exciting but honestly, if you do it right, you'll find yourself soaked in sweat. Luckily I wear an undershirt under my gi but some of my fellow students (who are mostly men) come away from that 3 minute form just dripping. Occasionally, Sensei makes the men take off their gi tops It can be an EFFORT to remain calm and peaceful..