Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 232/164/170 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 110%
Default The First 100 Days and Some Personal Victories...

Today marks 100 days of following a low-carb lifestyle and I was shocked when I sat down to really evaluate what my progress has been:

1. 20 lbs lost forever. Maybe not a weight loss of the mythic proportions some folks seem to be achieving, but steady and sustainable.

2. A full 7% loss in my percentage of body fat - this is what matters most to me. I've learned to stop measuring progress in pounds but rather to focus on how much actual fat vs muscle my body is carrying.

3. Renewed energy. 100 days ago, I dragged myself to the gym once or twice a week and was miserable. Now, I'm cycling the 35 mile round trip to and from work 4 days a week, maintaining a pace of 17-19 miles per hour.

4. A complete lack of desire to cheat. Yes, once in a while I will endulge at a restaurant or some such thing, but I've learned to respect food and the choices that I make as a life long committment and responsibility. It's ok to have some extra carbs once in a while, but it should be as a treat and for something of particular value. Gone are the days when I would just grab whatever was quick and easy. I'm far more conscious of what I put into my body and why and am keenly aware of the consequences of my decisions.

To celebrate, this Sunday I'll be riding in my first 100 mile "century" bike ride. Life is good. Best of luck to us all as we continue to pursue our health, our positive self-images and our new WOE.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 11:07

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%

100 Days!!!!!!!! Congratulations on all your successes!!!! 20 lbs gone forever is WONDERFUL!!! Doesn't it feel great??? And as my friend points out that's not counting the other 10, 15, or 20 that you didn't gain!!!!!!!
Keep up the great work and good luck with your ride on Sunday!!!!! What a way to celebrate!!! What an accomplishment!!!!
Congrats again!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 11:46

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Tombraider,

Congratulations on such great accomplishments, and they are GREAT......your whole mind has changed and well being as well, the weight loss is a bonus.....Good luck in the "century" bike ride,,,,that is awesome..

Cindy