Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-16-16, 12:41
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%
Default Morning FBG Reading my highest of the day

I think that there have been a number of threads that have talked about this, but I'm still not wrapping my head round the idea of Physiological IR, and I thought I understood Dawn Phenomenon, but still not sure I do.

I'm currently eating LCHF, and have been for 5 weeks. For the last 4 weeks, I've been doing ADF, with 23 hour fasts the norm. I have had a couple of higher carb meals in that time, but not for several weeks now.

My fasting BG first thing in the morning is usually my highest reading of the day. It's usually in the neighborhood of 105-115, and it usually trickles down the rest of the day. 30 minute PP readings (after breakfast) are usually in the same vicinity, but by 2 hours PP, I'm down below the morning FBG.

If I understand the way this works, while the morning FBG might trigger a concern from my doctor, when I get retested in 5 months, and as long as my readings continue as such, my A1C should be reasonable. For instance, if my "average" reading is 100, let's say, my A1C should be about 5.1 or so.

I've been led to believe that we want to avoid the large swings in variation in our readings, and that ultimately, that a morning reading of above 100 is not in and of itself a problem. Or am I wrong about that?
Sponsored Links