Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 08:26

Plan: Keto
Stats: 180/145/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default I fought the carbs and the carbs won!!!

Help, help!!!
I was doing so well with my 60 to 70 carbs a day and staying at 1400 to 1500 calories a day and when this weekend came. Saturday I couldn't help myself but have, not one, but two bowls of ice cream. Everyone at the party was eating banana splits and so I had some. I even had some chocolate cake, tortilla chips with salsa, a hamburger with the buns. I knew it was bad, but I just figured if I blew it, I might as well enjoy.
Well, then Sunday came and I was eating everything I wasn't suppose to, like cereal for breakfast, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, and Monday I was trying start over with induction, but we had dinner at my friend's and I had some mashed pototoes with gravy and an apple pie for dessert.
(Of course I was feeling sick and my headaches are coming back from low blood sugar.)
I got on the scale this morning and I gained all the weight that I barely lost in two months and added an additional four pounds!
I haven't eaten breakfast this morning, just had my coffee with cream and splenda.
I need to get me back on track. Help me, for I have sinned. I feel really bad right now. How long should I stay on induction if I wasn't losing much, if nothing, to begin with? Should I stay at <20 carbs a day even if I'm not losing anything for the entire 14 days? The "not losing" part got me off of induction in the first place. I've read the book back to back so many times, I can recite it in my sleep, but I still don't lose any weight on induction for some reason. UGGGHHHH!!!
Sponsored Links