Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 04:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 368/309/260 Male 6"6 6 Feet 6 Inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Not Sure How This Weight Gain Is Possible

First I want to say that I have been following the atkins diet for over a year now, and have lost nearly 60lbs. The last month or so I have not been able to lose any weight at all, and I have checked the keto sticks to ensure that I was still in ketosis. I know we all have plateaus, but my actual questions below is what's boggling my mind.

So I have been sick lately, and when I got up Tuesday morning I weighed myself. After throwing up once, going to work, which meant sweating outside all day, and drinking only water. I went home. When I got home, I fell asleep all day, slept for nearly 12 hours, then when I got up I used the bathroom, went both number 1 and number 2, and then when I stepped on the scale out of curiosity, I was 2 pounds heavier than Tuesday morning... All I had eaten the whole day was 2 sasquach sticks from 7-11, 2 carbs each, I got during lunch, which are basically just slim jims. I used a keto stick to see if anything had knocked me out of ketosis, and I was still fine. This just makes no sense to me, and I have no idea how I managed to go up 2 pounds. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links