Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 15:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%
Unhappy cheat day turned into cheat month....

I had a cheat day on the 4th of July and it has been hard to get back on induction. I found that there are certain things I can eat without weight gain and I have gone crazy... I have gained 2 pounds over the month because i did not binge on High carbs I just eat alot of peanuts and a bowl of cereal now and again and little things like that, but just enough to get sidetracked....
I have quit smoking because the Doc says I have emphaseama and I have to get back on induction. So I told myself no more peanuts until I get to 135... And no more cheat days until then either. Today so far so good. I hope I get back on track.

Thanks for listening....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:48

Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%

Keep going. You'll do it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

You know the old saying...get back up, dust yourself off and start all over again! You can do it! Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:45

Thanks for the support. I did o.k. yesterday except I got these peanuts here and instead of throwing them away, I tell myself I wil just finish them off and not buy anymore. Man am I sick.. When I finish here i am on the way to the outside trash can.. That's the end of that..
Thanks againDay 3 not smoking....
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:26

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Come on now, it's time to go back to 2 weeks of STRICT induction, get rid of those carbs and boost those veggies and water.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:57

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I was in the hospital for 10 days. The food was aweful and not many low carb choices. The last 2 days I cheated big time...then it was my daughters b-day..the week of Michaela...cheated 2 different days eating cake! As I've weighed I've been mad, kicked the scale! Then I realized that I have cheated 3 times within about 3 weeks!!! SO...I'm probably going to go strict induction for 3 days to get back into ketosis. It's no big deal...I'll be on this woe for the rest of my life, so I'm not too worried about it. You shouldn't be either, just get rid of the nuts and get back on track.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 23:05

Stats: 250/248/160 Female 5'4
BF:BigBallaFat
Progress: 2%

July 4th holiday was horrible wasn't it? You would think, hey BBQ, good, but it wasn't like that at all was it?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:08

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

There were many posts about cheat days and what-not, but you really have to know yourself enough to see if you`re able to get back on the wagon. I`m not saying anything bad or good about the reversal diet, i`m just saying you need to be informed before you make your choice. I find that I have trouble getting back on the straight and narrow so I don`t have any bad carbs, but that`s just me. 2 weeks of clean induction might produce a nice weight loss again now that you`ve been off Atkins for a month or so, and that will be encouraging i`m certain of it.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:26
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I guess this is the one reason that I am iffy about allowing a cheat day. NOT to say that I haven't had things I wasn't suppost to along the way. I still try to stay around 20 carbs so those little "mess ups" really haven't hurt any. Ahh but to allow on day I have been thinking about that one lately.

The best way to get back into gear is just do it one day at a time. Give yourself a little reward at the end of the day. A nice pat on the back. Then do the same thing the next day. Hopefully after a week things will be easier again.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:05

You all are great!!

I threw the rest of the nuts away and I feel better that they are not in the house to temp me. The thought of digging them out of the trash makes me sick so I quess they are safe there until trash day.

Day 4 no smoking.

And I lost those 2 of those 4 nasty pounds that I put on this month.

My running is much better without the cigs... Go figure..

Yeah, cheat days can turn your world upside down. Back on stricked induction and feel good about myself today. Thanks again for all your support. Where would I be without all you lovely people. God Bless you all and have a great LC day...