Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/193/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 39%

Shadow...
The trick or treaters have all gone for the night so I thought I would catch up!

Good news and bad today.... the scale dropped again .... 189.5! that's the goods news! But I guess you figured that out.

Bad news..... increase in steriods today....dose I was on isn't enough to stop the symptoms. I have to double it tomorrow.

That means it will be harder to stay on plan....the cravings are bad on Steriods but so far so good. I even had to do that hour long trip to the doctors and tried one of the LC bars. A peanut butter chocolate something...
It was Awful!!!!! I only ate half of it. It did replace a meal and keep me on track though.

I am trying to keep busy to avoid thinking about things too much. It is helping. Going to journal now~ Glad you enjoy my posts because I definitely enjoy yours! You have been great! I will stay in touch for sure.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 16:12

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Bess - That's fantastic you're down to 189.5!!!! I'm sure you'd rather have done it an easier way, but still - it's weight loss, yes? Let's see - were you at 197 before all this? Either way - that's just awesome!

Oh, I'm so sorry they're increasing the steroids ! Once this gets under control, will they cut them back again? Is it possible to take something like chromium picolante or l-glutamine to help with the cravings? Hopefully the cravings are a side effect that will go away soon!! I think it's great you're keeping busy to keep your mind off of them! I need to do that more often myself ! You have shown how strong you are - so I know you will succeed this time around following the plan and not giving up !

Keep up the great work, Bess !!! And definitely keep me posted on how you're doing .
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:29

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I know that this is an old thread and the topic has changed a tad. I am not on the PP forums very often. I just want to make sure that I visit other boards. I have never been board eating a low carb high protein WOE. I think that I enjoy a bigger variety of foods than many who do this WOE. I think that I use the allowable foods to the max. I love fried chicken, for example. I, fortunately, made the discovery of soy flour. I use that for my fried chicken breading and it is wonderful. It doesn't have an odd taste and my kids love it. They, humorously, call it
" Mom's Atkins' fried chicken". I enjoy lots and lots of veggies such as cooked greens ( collard, turnip, mustard, spinach etc ), bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, zuchini etc. They make wonderful casseroles and salads. Nope, I have never been board.

Black57
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 13:50
Registered Member

BF:

Hi ....
just stopped in to say I'm still here....
It will be hard to keep posting daily...too much to deal with but how about I am for weekly...

I have had terrible cravings for chocolate.... I have given in and had oreos and some small 2 bit chocolate bars. I have tried to limit but I have cheated. Otherwise the meals are still on track.

As a result.... I'm up to 190.5 lbs. Not bad but not good if I need to be on the steriods for long. I am going down on the drugs but today I am still not feeling well. I am suppose to stay at that level until I have a good day, then drop a pill a day until I don't feel well. I have only been on the steriods for 2 weeks today!
I am on 5 pills a day. Last week I was on 8 pills. I hope to go to 4 tomorrow but the risk is if I go down to quickly they end up going back up to 8 and starting again. But with all the cravings, I want to drop to decrease them!

UGH!!!!!

How are you doing Shadow? Love to hear some good news! What's up.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 14:52

BF:

Bess - You certainly don't want to have to go up to 8 pills again - so slow and steady wins the race ! I'm so glad to know you're hanging in there! You are doing a great job - you have a lot of challenges right now, so don't give up hope!!! I posted a couple of suggestions in your journal - don't know if they'll help any or not. Hopefully Suzie will have some suggestions too! Hang in there - you're doing a fantastic job so don't let a couple bumps along the way get you down !!!!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 12:58
Contributing Member

Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

I have found some great advice from this link itself. Thanks for taking the time to write it all done and so simply put

Have a wonderful LC day!
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 17:55
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow...
Just wanted to say....
Down to 2 prednisone per day but way off the LC....
I slipped numerous times. Weight it up to 193 this morning but there is good news.
Today was the first day I wasn't having cravings from the drugs. It is my second day on 2 pills.
I am doing alright so I am here to say that tomorrow will be my first "Cheat free" day!
Maybe if I write it will happen....something like the movie...."If you build it he will come" ....Can't think of the name of the movie...with Kevin Costner... oooooo ya....."Field of Dreams"!

Call this my " Field of Low Carbs Dreams!" LOL
Talk soon
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 07:05

BF:

Bess - All things considered, I think you're doing just great ! The most important is to get well and get off the meds - and you've certainly come very far in that direction, which is great!!! And cutting down to 2 prednisone will allow you to have more control (and less cravings) so you'll be able to get back on plan .

I'm sure you'll do just great in your "Field of Low Carb Dreams" ! Don't be hard on yourself - you've been through a lot and the damage weight-wise isn't that much. You'll have it under control soon . The most important thing is to get well - the weight loss will come after that.

Hang in there, Bess, you're doing a wonderful job and just keep reminding yourself of that! Heading back into Intervention in a positive frame of mind will make it much easier. Keep me posted on how you're doing !