Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 165/144.3/121 Female 1.54m
BF:
Progress: 47%
Angry Help,i`m not happy with Atkins

I have been reading about all the people who aren`t doing so well here,like myself,my ketostix testing strip couldn`t be any darker,but i`m not losing any weight.
Someone said to drink water i`m almost exploding with so much water,(i hate water) but i`m drinking it!
Today i almost gave up,i keep thinking if it doesn`t work why do it?????But i`m persistent enough to wait a bit longer,i just had a bad day with this diet.My boyfriend keeps asking me how is it going and i just want to cry,because i know i have stalled.
Tomorrow i`m going back to day one,tuna salad all day long,i think that was what made me drop a bit of weight.
I`ll see! if i don`t start losing soon i`ll have to (i dont know what i will do,but i will do something!!!)
I`m tired of trying!!!
Fatima

ps.i was so happy it started so well&easy,now i`m just to sad with it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 20:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Fatima,

9 lbs in 2 weeks is extremel good result. you should be proud of this accomplishment.

We all have the urge to just have the fat melt away ASAP, but the fact is, we didn't gain it overnight, and we won't lose it overnight.

Another suggestion for you is take measurements. Our body will occasionally "re-structure" a bit, and you may notice a loss of inches (i.e. slimmer waist, hips, thighs, etc.) without weight-loss.

If you are not happy with the Atkins Plan itself (not just the results), you may want to look into other plans. Protein Power, Schwarzbein Principle, etc. Click on the link to the right "Which plan is right for me?" to see some summaries by our members.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 20:48
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thank you Wa`il

Wa`il,
Thank you for the reply,i lost a bit of weight,i`m really glad with that,but i`m mad because it has been 3 days and i`m still the same.
I`m just too frustrated today with the diet,it feels like my all life has been a fighting fat.Then i was reading about some people here who have the same problem and they have been like that for weeks,i`m just scared if i have to wait that long too.
Maybe tomorrow i`ll feel better.
Thank you again
Fatima
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Instead of instantaneous weight loss, focus on teaching yourself good eating habits. That is one of the keys to make LC work for you for life.

If you had 200 pounds to lose and you lost 20% - as you have already - that would be 40 pounds. So you're actually doing fine. But...

...you are going to make yourself insane by expecting instant results. Stalling after induction is common, especially if you have a history of yo-yo dieting. It's all a matter of your body learning to trust what your feeding it. Stressing out over not losing as you think you should will not help you in your weight loss.

It's not a bad thing at all. Just a learning process that you have to go through. Be gentle on yourself, live, learn and give yourself the gift of all the time you need.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:57
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Fatima! (I love your name!)

Listen to Karen (she is very wise )

I am one of those people who is losing very slowly but I started out just like you. I was really depressed when I stalled out after induction but I realized that I had to accept certain things about my body and my metabolism or spend my life in depression. I didn't want that!....so I kept reading, posting, learning, talking, listening....and finally I've decided that all these people are right!! We ALL wish our weight would come off at a rate of 5 lbs. a week!! We ALL want to fit into those sexy jeans NOW!! But we have to just accept that it's going to take time and a little effort. Don't let it ruin your day or your week or your year!! Just take it one day at a time and have faith that you will meet your goal one day....it just may not be according to YOUR time table!

Keep your chin up and hang around here for a long while.... you'll make some great friends and you'll learn SO much.

We're here to help!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 23:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

'Yer making me blush Terri!

Seriously, all of us wish we were our slimmest, sveltest selves, right now. But we're not. Teri is dead-on.

Low-carbing - as many of us have found - is an activity, not a spectator sport. We are learning to be actively engaged in our own well being. Is it easy? Changing a lifetime of beliefs, expectaions, habits and the way you view yourself, IS NOT EASY!

To keep stretching the metaphor, it's all in how you play the game. And in this one, there are no winners or losers because it's not a competition, just an infinite unfolding of wonder.

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 06:37
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hello Karen and thank you

Karen i`m so happy with all the support we can get here.
I think if it wasn`t for that i had given up by now,like i did with other diets.
I just had a bad day yesterday,we all have our ups and downs.
But you are right i have so much to learn.
Is not Atkins i`m mad at,was me who ate all the pies.
Atkins is jut helping me to do the righ thing.
I`m not so good at waiting,and maybe that will be the first thing i have to learn.
Your words made me feel better,Teridoodle is right,you are very wise.
And for us who are losing so slowly we need help from someone like you.
Thank you so much for making me think different.
All the best
Fatima
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 06:53
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hello Terri,thank you so much

Hi Terri,
Thanks for your support,i was so glad to have a reply from you and Karen,it made me feel like i`m not alone.
You are both right!!!!!
Today instead of depressing myself i got up and went for a walk and run by the river.
I feel better because i did something positive,like Natrushka said somewhere here,is good to get up and do your exercise first thing in the morning and we know all day long that is out of the way.
I will try to be more positive about the diet,and i will try to read as much as i can here,learn more about it (there is so much i don`t know).
Thank you again
Fatima
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I weigh myelf once a week, if I weighed myself every day, I'd would (have done it to) be concerned with natural day to day fluctuations. I want it off right now! Won't happen, so with the help of this forum, I am learning patience. I have patience in many things, but I am just learning to have patience with myself.

After all we are worth it!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 12:15
Registered Member

BF:
Smile thanks Talon

Yes i know that is my problem,always have been!!!
I will have to be patient from now on,also do more exercise.
My day goes so fast during the week,I think is like that with everyone who have kids.
So by the time i have finished all my work at home i feel to tired to do exercise.
But i did lots of exercise today,3 and a half hours walking and half an hour running this morning,my legs just about had it,i still have to go and cook dinner (i think i`ll get a chair and do it seating down)lol.
I`m so glad to get all this replys,makes me feel so much better.
I will be patient,and i will try not to check my weight every five minutes.
Thanks again
Fatima
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 12:56

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

You are definitely in the right place!

I was always a "want it now" kind of person andit is very difficult to wait. The gage I use is my jeans, I have a size that I want to fit into, and a size that is just a bit too tight to be comfortable and I try them on periodically. The ones I want to get into are definitely getting closer I could look at them (the fact hat I can't get them even close to being closed) as depressing, but I keep telling myself that at one time I couldn't even get them on far enough to even see how far apart the zipper still was. Definite progress...

Join us in the journal section
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 14:13
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up That is a really good idea Mary,thanks!

Hi Mary,
I`m going to do that ,I have a pair of Jeans that use to fit only 4 years ago, and i will use that to guide myself.
I`m happy with one thing,i use to eat so much,even after dinner i use to go to McDonalds(and unfortunately is just next door to me) .
Now i eat my lunch and dinner and i`m fine with that,i`m not craving for McDonalds or anything else,so my appetite has gone down 75% i would say.
I don`t think i have a choice here,i will have to learn how to wait and be happy for other small things,like resisting all i can`t eat or that i made it through the day without giving up.
I thank all of you for helping me and guiding me,i will be strong!!!
Fatima
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 16:05
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Good going, Fatima! That's the spirit!!

You'll be fine....and you're entitled to have bad days, you're right. I've had plenty of them. Just don't allow them to outnumber the good ones!!

Let us know how the pant-o-meter is working in a week or two!!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 12:00
Registered Member

BF:
Smile wey hey i`m so happy i lost another two pounds

I just want to say that i have worked hard but it is working now,i lost another two pounds.
I don`t look so good,on my face i look like i`m no well,i don`t know why.
But i`m happy,just wnt to say thank you for all the support to all of you out there.
Fatima
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 13:41

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

Congrats on your loss Fatima!

Keep up the good work...