Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 07:45

Plan: 2
Stats: 240/240/154
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking First day tomorrow (well kinda)

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone doing? Im good, starting the Low Carb thing tomorrow, I actually did the induction for a few weeks before Christmas, and then went off it, coz of the whole Chrissy thing, yeah I know poor excuse, but Im back on it, and found this site tonight, which I hope will be a big help.

When I did it before Christmas I lost just over 13 pounds in those two weeks, I have gained it all back now, but nothing like starting with a clean slate huh? . I have a lot of weight to lose and I really want to do it, I just wonder if I will be able to, I hope I can, and I have decided to pop on here each day (well as often as I can) and up-date you guys, and hopefully that will be my support team.

One thing I did have problems with when I did it those two weeks was meat, basically I eat meat normally, but prefer to each it in a stir fry with way more vegies then meat,and I found the limited amount of vegetables really hard to deal with. Oh and the No fruit thing, big bummer. I work full time and long hours, so I find the breakfast thing hard too, and sickly, I was eating Bacon and Eggs every morning, which is nice once in a while but every day is really hard to take. So if anyone has any ideas for breakfast that would be great (I dont normally cook with much fat or cheese or cream or anything like that) and that is easy to prepare at work, with only access to a microwave that would be really helpful. though I have my Bacon and Eggs ready for tomorrow. Eww my stomach is churning already.

Ok well enough for now, I will probably come on tomorrow and let you know how the day went, wish me luck and good luck to all the others trying out there.

Bye
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 09:27

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Intoo ....

First of all -- welcome, and I would suggest setting yourself up a journal .. It is the one place where you can blow off steam, write down your thoughts and problems, and list your eating menus .. if you have any problems -- someone can help you out with it .. (it's kinda like "your house" on the site )

You're not going to believe the support this site gives ... I've been doing this Way of Life for about 3-4 years (weight loss is slower, but I know the reasons, and I'm okay with them... ); and have been a member for about 1.5-2 years ... and I'm still learning new things ...

If you did so well before Christmas (I understand taking off for the holidays .. that's a tough time of year ); you're bound to do extremely well now ..

I hope you success, and again; welcome to the site .. there are alot of people that definatly know their stuff around here !!!

Hope to see you floating around !!!