Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 07:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/174/168
BF:17.4%
Progress: 50%

Today is Sunday, its 9.47 pm im munching on raspberries and cream. Had alot of one on one meetings in the office and had alot of trigger situations ...then I thought just one wont hurt and then a split seconds later NO why waste all the days and hours that I have got under my belt...and the thought quickly went away...its extraordinary the power and decietefulness of the nicotine drug...and its really a terrible drug.
The diet went really well today too
Bfst: smoked salmon with cream cheese
Lunch: 4 oz burger with a slice of cheese
Dinner: 8oz tenderloin steak small lettuce and tomato salad, mayo
snack: 3 macadamia nuts, 3 slices cheese, 3 slices parma ham, raspberries devonshire clotted cream

Went for a workout for 1 hr at 5.3o
followed by a body massage 1 hr

Feeling great had NO coffee today gradually weaned
off of it and am on Green Tea now.
Wow i feel really clean inside..
Keep going Jo, Im really impressed with you and you know you are my inspiration i will always be indebted to you , lets do this thing together..
when I feel weak I say the serenity prayer in my head...:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,the courage to CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN.....and the wisdom to know the difference..
the courage to change the things i can and the
Richard
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/168/133
BF:
Progress: 51%

Coincidence! I've just finished a small bowl of raspberries and mascarpone cheese...

No real desire to smoke today - I can't believe it's almost been a week! Breakfast was 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers of bacon and a large mushroom - then I had a prawn salad at lunchtime, and I'm roasting beef for dinner right now. Will probably have it with salad - though Carl's asked me to make him a Yorkshire Pudding today - first time he'll have had one since February, so I could hardly say no...

Anyway - I've been pretty lenient with myself as far as food goes this week - I haven't worried about portion sizes, and I've had a few luxuries like low-cal chocolate drinks (at 5.5g carbs a time!). So, I'm not weighing until next weekend, and I'm going back to strict Atkins induction levels this coming week.

The exercise has been going quite well, 'cos I find it takes my mind off smoking (or the lack of!) - but again, I'm going to try to increase it this week, to a minimum of 40 mins/10 miles a day on either the exercise bike or - weather willing - the real bike. I am sick of this never-ending rain!

We're having friends round for a wine and cheese (or water and cheese in my case) evening on Tuesday (sounds posh, but it's just a couple of mates coming to watch DVDs and indulge in smelly cheese), and then we're being taken out for dinner on Weds. I'm going to remain on plan throughout! Thursday, we finally get to check out the local gym - Carl's agreed to come with me!

This week I've got to decorate our spare room - my Dad comes here for a week on June 6th, and it has to be finished by then - so will get extra exercise with all the humping, dumping and painting!

So - onward to the second week of being smoke free - I'm SO happy about it!

Jo
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 03:02

Hi Jo
I've got myself a journal,check it out.
How are you doing its tuesday and its 5.00 PM
that means I week and 5 hours ...I have put on 3 lbs though yikes !!
Will start induction again.
How's it going????
R
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 05:58

Jo --still going very well, the trigger thoughts have just GONE, I feel better especially in the mornings, I did put on 3 lbs last wk -all those nuts, cream and berries, so Im doing the KISS
formula its actually OK bags more energy now.
the smoking data
I now stopped for 8 days and 8 hrs precisely
= 160 fags or 8 pkts x 35 HK$ (divide by 10 for uk pounds)280 HK$
long time no hear how's it going
richard
  #35   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 09:01

Day 10 and going strong now the triggers have virtually gone, even my secretary cannot believe it. I have been a bit grouchy ggrrr !
But i also quit coffee except today
The diet is also working now. I am really happy now as this is something I have tried to do for the past 10 yrs..
jo how are you doing?/you ok?
Check out Richard's journal...keep in touch
Richard
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 09:44

Sunday,3rd,going strong even had a coffe 1st in 1 week, gave me palpatations..but the smell of tobacco smoke is disgusting dont know how my wife Jenny put up with me for 4 years !
12 days
Jo what happened to you did you pick up??
richard Jo what happened to you dont worry !!!