Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 11:02

Plan: Atkins induction phase
Stats: 380/361/215 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default eating less?

Hi all,

I posted a few weeks ago about slow weight loss and was given some great advice. I wasn't eating enough food and certainly not enough fat.

Since then I have increased both my food intake and fat intake. The weight loss has gone great. I am down roughly 30 pounds and really excited about the prospect of the next 30.

My question is this: I am not as hungry as I was and I wish to eat less. If I reduce my intake will it hamper my weight loss as it did before? Any thoughts are welcome here. I'm simply not as hungry as I was.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 11:10

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

I want to offer congrats you. You are doing wonderful so far.

I'm not doing Atkins so I can't answer your question. But I do know at some point you might have reduce calories/fat to reach goal.

My personal opinion is don't eat unless hungry. I reduce my food intake when I reach the not hungry point.
Eating when not hungry is part of what caused me being coming obese.

I wish you continued success.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 11:18

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Great question and I'm in the same boat you are. I don't eat unless I'm hungry and I seem to be doing ok. Let's see what others say.

BTW - awesome job on the 30 pounds.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 11:32

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

You may want to ask on the Atkins forum to get the "approved" answer for that plan, but how many calories are you talking about?

I generally eat 1800-2200 calories per day, depending on my hunger and activity levels -- for me, that's the amount I eat naturally without counting. On days where I notice that my calorie count is low, I make sure to have nice fatty snacks like coconut bark or whipped cream. I've been trying to eat at least the number of calories required for my body just to stay alive, my Basal Metabolic Rate (which is about 2000 calories at my weight, height, and age). You can find plenty of BMR calculators on the web -- consider them approximate, not exact, because every body is different. I don't want my body to kick into starvation mode, and by eating to my BMR level, I'm still creating a caloric deficit through my daily activities. Seems to be working very well so far.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 14:23

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I say listen to your body. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full. Your body is sending you singals - if you are eating the foods your body needs, you are okay. Why force the issue? The only caveat is if you are eating foods to which you are sensitive. You will know if you are stalling after eating certain foods, or if eating certain foods causes cravings for more and more of those foods - then maybe you should't listen to your body so much. But why force foods if you aren't hungry?

Good work on the weight loss - keep it up! I think it is great that your body is sending you new signals. Great to not be hungry all of the time, isn't it?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 17:19

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Congratulations on losing the 30 pounds. Keep up the good work! I say eat when you're hungry...