Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-07, 04:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/165/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I had an interview about 2 years ago when I was 214 lb. I'm only 5'2'' so I was pretty big. The interviewer didnt even look at me, she didnt look up from her desk. It was as if I were totally irrelevant.

I had an interview this morning at 165lbs, "Can I get you a coffee, we would love to have you on board, you are exactly what we are looking for"

I'm the same person, same skills, same attitude, same ability but obvviously two totally different cookies to prospective employers depending on my size. Their loss!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-07, 10:07

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterlily
Hey - where did your journal disappear to?

I deleted it.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 19:12

Default I Have Great News Today!

About a month ago out of anger, frustration, and depression I deleted my journal and gallery . Several have wondered why. I was a bit short, didn't want to discuss it. Didn't want anyone to know how low I felt and tried desperately to push on. Posting here and there in one thread or another, but just never felt the same as keeping my journal and chatting with the few who chose to come by and visit.

After several months of frustration I'd just about given up the hopes of picking up a contract. Met with several clients. They seemed pretty happy with me, but still they were a no go. However, FINALLY, today I have picked up a contract and a great contract too.

They didn't drill me like I was some newbie in the field, in fact they were very professional, respectful and excited about my skill set stating how it was just what their client needed. On top of that, it's close to my home. Only about 8 miles away which is very cool. To top it all off they are giving me the bill rate I asked for unlike several of the clients I'd met with whom for one reason or another, ok their budget, couldn't pay me my bill rate or just didn't want a female on the team. Or...who knows?

Well, low and behold I've finally got my dream contract, close to home, fits my skill set to a tee, and paying in the mid $80,000.00.

I'm feeling very good again. My life will be back to normal. I've been missing my old lifestyle so very much and here I just had to wait and be patient as the Lord provided the right opportunity for me.

Thank you Jesus! Thank you sweet Jesus for giving me another chance!

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterlily
You hold your head up high, and be proud of who you are! You are a beautiful, intelligent and vibrant woman who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Forget those asses, you can do better! There is better waiting for you, when a door closes, a window opens! ((((Hugs))))

That window finally open. So I'm feelin' much better now finally picked up a really cool contract. Even put my journal back online.

Thank you Jesus!

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 20:17
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

You know what? Next time, you will be the most beautiful woman in the company that someone else will be sitting across from. The difference is, you will not let the droolers ignore the woman sitting across from you, just because she isn't as beautiful as you are.

If it's any consolation, I was one of the first women to break into the field of construction. For years, on every job I went on, it was the first time that a woman had been on the crew. Now, it's a given, and the younger women just take it as their due that they should be treated as fellow workers. You're opening doors that the next generation of IT woman will take for granted. Life is like that sometimes.

Congrats on the great contract--
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 22:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 445/305/220 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 62%

Fantastic news - congrats!

-j.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 10:21

Thank you very much j13!

#38   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 09:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 309.8/309.8/200 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

oh man that sucks and I am sorry. I have missed out on so many jobs because of my weight and I hate it!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 09:56

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

My family and I may be relocating to another part of the state-- -I'm so glad I've lost some of my weight, as I know that can affect job hunting---even though it shouldn't at all---congrats on the success in your life!!!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congratz on the new contract!

Remember: YOU DESERVE IT!