Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-14, 15:35

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Question Need Tips for Specific Areas??

Hope this is best place - and don't hate me for my first statement -

So far I haven't exercised - I've been LC'ing for about 8 months and am about 93 pounds down. I keep saying in gonna start walking, I know I need to, and I'd like to get in better shape. Id like to start working out again as well.

Anyway, I need some help on some exercises on some particular areas - I was a big guy obviously - I know have some flabby/flabbier areas like my belly/below my belly button and like the inside of my legs/thighs. (Trying to be delicate here! Ha!). I don't know it this would be a sit up or crunch kind if exercise for the belly - have no idea on the legs. Looking for some ideas. Don't think it's a surgery kind of thing either - my mother has said before I'm done I would need skin removal surgery! Thanks a lot! I dunno. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-14, 18:01

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

You can't spot-tone, and don't believe anyone who claims you can. As for not exercising, many people start out just changing their eating, but as time goes on and they lose weight they want to exercise. Start slow, take walks. Only join a gym if you plan on using it on a regular basis. Read gym logs here to get an idea of what people are doing.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-14, 18:35

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Just like weight loss you cant pick where you lose first. and I totally agree with Mandalay, walking is the best start. I will not go to a gym, in the past I just help pay the rent so ya, no gym for me. Go on youtube and look around....there are thousands of videos to choose from. I am totally hooked on FitnessBlender.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-14, 05:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Ditto what has been said, start with walking, add some simple body weight exercises you can do in your home or yard. Fitness Blender, SparkPeople videos (they go from chair exercises for those with limited mobility to intense cardio), the "Scientific Seven Minute Workout" (there are free apps for that now), NerdFitness Beginner Body Weight circuit, http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/200...t-build-muscle/. Small child can replace the milk jug for lifts
Or anything found on Mark's Daily Apple. He even has a Definitive Guide to Walking if you need advice how to do that under Primal 101 and many intro videos to basic exercises like how to do a Squat properly, etc. Get the free Primal Fitness book by signing up for his emails. He may have changed it since I downloaded it three years ago, but it was 97 pages with links to all his "how to" exercise videos. A perfectly executed squat will tone up a lot below the waist.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Jul-26-14 at 05:13.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-14, 17:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Had a feeling that might be the answer as well - thanks for the replies. Hoping I still have some elasticity left in there and things keep shrinking!