Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 12:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%
Default I am such a slow loser!!

I think I am definitely a turtle. The scale bounces around a certain weight for quite a while, then I drop a couple of pounds, bounce around there a while, then drop again, etc.........

But, I really enjoy eating lo carb and I keep it simple, stay away from sweets....legal or not legal (can't afford to crank up the cravings again!), drink water, avoid asparame and caffeine, and stay active. I just LOVE the way I feel and now that I have lost enough weight for people to notice and to be able to drag clothes out of the back of the closet, I am even more motivated.

I am a firm believer that I may not get there as soon as others, but I will get there eventually. I am just glad that I am not one of those who will never get there.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share! I love lo carbin and I love this forum!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 02:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

Hi Jr8Fan..I really identify with your way of thinking. I am not stressing to much about my slow wiehgt loss. I ave to be honest and say I indulge my self now and then but certainly not constantly.
I also enjoy the LC food, enough to keep plodding along, he slower the better for logevity sake. As long as the scale does not go up we can not go wrong
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 13:05

I agree tardon, as long as the scale does not go up, I can take it slow!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 13:18
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Do you keep a fitday? I have a link in my siggie with my public link.

You seem to be doing really well and your attitude is good. It's not always about the weight. I know for me, my body needed time to heal and then suddenly the weight started to come off rapidly. However I also do a strict portion control and don't just eat all day like I used to when I considered myself a turtle before.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 13:23

I put my weight and my activities in fitday every day but don't keep up with the food unless I start to gain or suspect that I am getting liberal with my carbs. Putting the food in at work is easy but at home I have a toddler so computer time is precious and very difficult. I do go in on occasion and put my foods in to be sure I am not getting away from the plan. I keep it really simple though and try not to eat any processed foods. That makes it easier to stay legal. I also only do cream cheese for a treat as lots of the other legal treats(such as the bars and sf candies) stall me.

I also break out the food scale about once every two weeks and be sure I am not getting crazy with my meat portions.

I love fitday though. I don't know what I would do if it weren't handy!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 06:39

Evening MsTwacky and MsTwacky, just popped back for a quick chat. In keeping with our turtle like demeanour I have stayed at 169.2 . As I hear from people in my challenges loosing 3lb, 4lb a week. Its hard not to wish for those numbers. My goal is never to put weight on in the week. Since I started LCing in there has only be one weigh in that I gained.
MsTwacky please give me some inf on your plan I had a quick look at Fitday and the carbs are high. What has been you weight loss story, You have done a great jobs so far
MsTwacky you are very similar to me in weight, bodyfat and cholestoral. Are you exercising I am but its not moving any faster..I must be just pure muscle.
So much to chat about and so little time...must nick off to bed. talk again soon.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 09:39

I am going to clean up my eating habits and see if that will help. I may have some unexpected carb creep from hidden sources. So, I am going to stop cream and splenda and see what happens. I am off caffeine already and don't do any ready-to-eat lo carb snacks like the bars. I avoid nuts unless I am desparate and there is nothing else around.

176.4 again today so with my new cleaner menu, let's see if I can finally join tardon in the 160's!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr8Fan
I am going to clean up my eating habits and see if that will help. I may have some unexpected carb creep from hidden sources. So, I am going to stop cream and splenda and see what happens. I am off caffeine already and don't do any ready-to-eat lo carb snacks like the bars. I avoid nuts unless I am desparate and there is nothing else around.

176.4 again today so with my new cleaner menu, let's see if I can finally join tardon in the 160's!

hey Jr8Fan, I look forward to you joining me...hopefully I can keep a a gap between...could be an interesting mini challenge
good luck with staying clean...i actually think I am not eating enough of the right stuff to get my fat burning going. Shall have to get all the correct foods in stock to really make a go of it.

Bye for now fellow turtles
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 08:09

Today at work we got an email for a new Weighting for the Holidays program. We weigh in on November 7, Tuesday at 8am. We weigh every Tuesday. Tuesday, January 3 is the final weigh in. If you gain no more than 2 pounds during the holiday, then you get a gift certificate to our local Grocery store. I laughed that the gift certificate was to the local grocer but many people walk over there at lunch because they have a great salad bar!

I am definitely signing up.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 01:55

What a great incentive..what a considerate employer you have
I weighin with a group on Monday, it has real helped cos yoiu like eveyone to see that you have not gained.
Must away time to cook