Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 11:28

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%
Default "Atkins Made me slow down"

LOL! My dh had started watching what he eats. (he started this weightloss contest at work. He had 10 weeks to lose 15-17 pounds - soemthing like that. Everyone who participated had to lose 8% of their body weight and if they don't they pay $50. Whoever loses the most wins the pot. He did this 4 years ago and lost 50 pounds and made $400! Over the last few years and my pregnancies, he has put it back on.) So in this contest.. he was down to some 1300-1500 calories a day. I was really worried for him because for his 6 foot 3 frame.. I thought he needed more. I rationalized with him that I would rather him do those caories "atkins" style with me. He fought me on it because for the past YEAR I have been trying to get him to do it with me and he was so against it. I am not sure why. He finally conceeded and jumped on board! YEah!

First of all.. that rocks to have someone with you doing the same thing!!!

Secondly, the first week, when he was counting calories, he lost 10 pounds.

Last week was his first week of induction and he lost 7 or 8 pounds. He said to me, "Atkins made me slow down". I thought that was so funny! Oh well! I tried to explain it to him.. but whatever.. he is sticking with it (especially since I am the one who cooks and being a great sport and support to me!

I am just so excited to be BACK on the wagon again! I feel GREAT! I am SO not hungry either! I just had to share that!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

He probably doesn't realize the low calorie diet's lost weight was mostly muscle and Atkins mostly fat. LOL
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 15:19

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%

Exactly! I shared it for a chuckle! I am so proud of him!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb(my own)Pregnant
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 21%

Way to go, that is great I also have my husband doing it with me. It does help so much when your other half is with you on it

#5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I wish my SO would jump on the wagon with me but he's still convinced I am killing myself on Atkins. I'm really happy for those of you with supportive DHs!!!

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 16:15

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'm with you Mousemom- not that my b/f needs to loose weight- but he suffers from terrible sugar addiction, he gets up in the night sayin he NEEDS fizzy, gets grumpy and moody if he hasn't had sugar in his diet by 2pm. He would be so much happier with levels blood sugars and all that protein, would start building the muscle he desperatly wants.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:27

Plan: M&E
Stats: 159/118.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:Clueless
Progress: 104%

I wish mine would join me, not that he needs to lose weight, but he he's not the meat eater that I am. He much prefers food that's been battered and deep fried......pretty much the only way to get him to eat vegetables....
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:45

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJodie
I wish mine would join me, not that he needs to lose weight, but he he's not the meat eater that I am. He much prefers food that's been battered and deep fried......pretty much the only way to get him to eat vegetables....

Could you try making an 'atkins-legal' batter with ground flax or almonds instead?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:57

Plan: M&E
Stats: 159/118.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:Clueless
Progress: 104%

LOL, I don't batter and fry for him, if he wants it he does it himself! And besides, his take on home made stuff is "it's not as good as what you can buy..."

Go figure....
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 11:01

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

my hubby and my teenage son are both doing atkins with me! it makes it a heck of a lot easier when everyone in the house but the baby is on atkins!! Cooking for everyone is simple..we all eat the same thing!