Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Any results with dropping calories on a stall?

I have read a lot of posts where people are stalling and think they will try dropping calories to get them out of the stall. Who has done this and did it help or not? I am losing very slowly and am wondering if that is my problem. I have a hard time eating under 1500-1700 calories a day which I am worried may be too much for my weight. But I am also worried that if I drop calories I will be hungry and my body will react poorly to that.

I would love to hear the experience of other with this.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:07

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Just to confuse issues even more, I gain when I drop calories, I'm currently struggling to up my cals and food intake so I can start losing again. I aimed for 1000-1250 cals for years and slowly gained weight, starting this WOE my calories were really high (I started this as a bet that Atkins DIDN'T work!) and I lost really well, over the last few weeks my old low cal habits have started to creep in again and I'm gaining!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:24

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I wouldn't drop calories, I would add more water. Whenever I have done this, the stall seems to break. Adding some exercise wouldn't hurt either .
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:56

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

only way for me to drop out of a stall is to do a Modified Fat Fast (search for it) but then I am seriously insulin resistant. It isn't as painful as it appears and is only for a few days - it kickstarts me!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 12:32

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 168/158/145 Female 5'6
BF:26%
Progress: 43%

I'm trying to increase my calories.... I've heard that when you don't eat enough your body stores and holds onto everything, b/c it thinks nothing is coming. But I did increase my water intake to about 80-100oz.....
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:00

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Lightbulb Try The Refeeding Technique

Posted this elsewhere, but thought it might help...

Well I was wondering about that too...I also remember reading in Body for Life that he suggested one day a week to EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT.... He suggested that it resets your metabolism... Anyway I went back to earlier posts and found this article posted by someone that explains it.... Go to the end and based on your percentage of body fat it tells you how many days to REFEED....

http://www.theministryoffitness.com...s/article18.htm

Sounds like it has worked for many...right now I am on my 3rd day of a FAT FAST, but I would rather be eating more carbs and foods I like versus, eggs, meat, and cheese.... So by Friday if this doesn't work then I will try the refeed on a day that we go out to eat... Breakfast man I can't wait to have pancakes.. Dinnner, a huge hamburger and luscious fries........ Lunch who cares.... lol... Dessert, cheesecake...