Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 21:14
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Allura
As long as you get 8-12 cooked ounces of protein a day you're fine. Split it how you want. I started off with the cco I made myself then I got the virgin kind from tropicaltraditions.com. Good luck on curves.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 21:23

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Something else we have in common....I joined Curves in August and just LOVE it. I only lost 3/4" the first measuring. The next one will be better. Just go and enjoy the process....just like CAD!

Shortly after starting I started going 5 days a week. Last week I asked one of the gals about it as I had seen many people have good and even better results with 3 days. She said I was probably working against myself by coming so much and actually sabotaging my efforts. So I'm back to 3 per week.

I've lost 8 1/2 in. total.

TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!!

Deb
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 05:31

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Deb~
I'm glad you love Curves~ *s* This is actually a very old thread........I haven't gone to Curves in about 4 months or more..........I was going religiously 3 X a week and I wasn't losing anything...........had a hard time fitting in Curves and walking so I decided to keep with the walking...........I go to the beach and it is a great stress reliever for me. You are doing great!!!
Yeah!!! TGIF!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 19:08

BF:

Alrighty then!!! Had been a total slouch for months now........
just started walking again this week........I was going before for about an hour.......decided to start off slowly as to not burn myself out!!
I am feeling a little discouraged tonight about how out of shape I am.........the thing is I know with all I am that I HAVE to build up to some serious committed exercise if I am going to get my weight dropping again......I am pre menapausal and I just don't think that diet alone is gonna do it..........but I feel so overwhelmed by how much work it is to get my tush out the door...........I have to stop telling myself I don't want to do it!!
Ok..................
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 21:14
Registered Member

Plan: 1/2/04
Stats: 294/289/165 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi Allura,
You have made such good progress when I look at where you started and where you are currently. Don't ge discouraged!! Have you considered using dumb bells and ankle weights for leg lifts? Both are great when your motivation is low. You can do both while watching TV. Its also great for muscle toning and strengthening your bones
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 07:57

BF:

Well....it's been a year and a half since I was here last.......I am going to start a walking log.....will post each day how far I've walked/milage wise.........how many steps, how many calories burned and how long I walked.......just want to see some concrete progress.........

last week I walked 7 miles........

last night 2/27

Walked 2.31 miles
230 cal burned
51 minutes
5926 steps

Walked to the beach......I love that......was grey and stormy..........only got drizzled on toward the end.....felt awesome......wanted to go further but know if I overdo I will lose it............but fantasized about running someday, where I might walk next.......felt fantastic......what a change in less than two weeks.