Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 12:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default Bad Girl Needs a Spanking

This was totally my fault. I have noone to blame but me. I plumetted over the carbohydrate cliff last night into sugar induced oblivion. I had..........(drumroll please).........

perogies, sourcream, bacon, & onion
smarties, a few marshmallows
bran muffin
2 poptarts
a glass of milk

I knew exactly what I was doing and had it all thought out/ justified in my head. May have tasted great at the time, but probably was not worth it. There are a lot of factors that contributed but most of them (ok all) were within my control (to a certain extent anyways). TOM is almost 2 weeks late now and I am very worried about that whole issue. I would love to be pregnant but would be very shocked at the DR told us we had less than a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of conceiving naturally. DH's contract ends at work on Monday and we still don't know whether or not it is going to be renewed. Money is a big issue for us right now. Due to the cost of the two rounds of fertility treatments, we may have to declare bankruptcy. Stress played a big part in it. I was also getting discouraged about the slowdown in my weightloss and thought a day of 'what the hell lets eat what I want' might shake things up a bit. Then I measured my thighs and discovered that after an almost 30 lb loss, I still have only lost .5 of an inch of my left and none on my right. DAMN.

Someone yell at me so I feel better.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 14:15

Plan: Trying CAD
Stats: 183/162.8/120 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Head up, chin out, shoulders back and keep walking. Everyone makes mistakes, I did the same thing when I was on Atkins. I had perogies and oreos, like 20 of them.

Tomorrows a new day, start fresh.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 14:28

Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default Oreos??

Thank the good Lord I didn't have any Oreos in the house yesterday. I would have eaten the whole pack. I have been avoiding going to my MIL's for the simple fact that she has a pack of the double mint-cream Oreos in her cupboard.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 12:08

Stats: 159/142/128 Female 5'4.5
BF:have no clue
Progress: 55%

Start again today! That's what I'm doing Ate great yesterday but tipped back a few too many shots! I can for sure understand your stress level - especially w/TOM being 2 weeks late. I have a friend that went through 3 rounds of feritlity treatments before she became pregnant, and it was a VERY stressful time for her & her DH. But now that you've got your mini binge out of your system you're free to get back to being your regular low carb self! Best wishes to you!!!!!!!!

SaturnStar