Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#526   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-14, 08:55
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Sooooo...it's cleaning out closets/drawers day...Fall is here and winter soon to follow.

I am pretty excited to report that my D-bras are packed up for good will. I am wearing my only good C-bra (the other one, I pulled the underwire out months ago, because it was so uncomfortable. Shortly thereafter, I went for a fitting- that's when I found out I had grown into D. That really should have been my turning point. It wasn't though. I was in an interesting denial: "My boobs are getting bigger somehow, but the rest of me is exactly the same!" ...NOT!

Anyway, being a "large chested woman" was fun for a while, but I am really excited to get "my" little boobies back. Exquisite Miniatures- that's where I'm headed.

What do I like about 13 pounds off? I like that I am feeling more and more like MYSELF.

I read on here that some of the individuals who have always been big/heavy have a tough time accepting the new smaller/lighter person in the mirror as themselves, and that makes sense. In the same way, people who haven't "always been fat", like me, have the opposite problem: we can't accept the fat reality and we keep thinking we are just fine, when we are most certainly not.

Yeah. Getting back to ME. THAT is what I like best so far.
Jammie

Congrats Jammie ;D Tis a great feeling when you can get rid of bigger clothes. I always celebrated those days!
Sponsored Links
  #527   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-14, 08:57
Triple digit loss

BF:

Okay a coach I bought well over a decad ago. I know sit in it and it feels so big! There is so much more room to put my body up there and have the dogs cuddle with hubby.

Everytime I am in our Media room basement downstairs watching a movie. I still can get over how big the coach feels compared to my smaller body!
  #528   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-14, 09:01
Triple digit loss

BF:

I really love going clothes shopping now. I went to Sears and was able to by XLs. Some a little big some just right..

But I bought 13 items for 190 dollars... Probably would have spent 3 times that at a plus size store.

Starting a new job so I needed some dressier clothes to meet there dress code guidelines.
  #529   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 05:09

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
I really love going clothes shopping now. I went to Sears and was able to by XLs. Some a little big some just right..

But I bought 13 items for 190 dollars... Probably would have spent 3 times that at a plus size store.

Starting a new job so I needed some dressier clothes to meet there dress code guidelines.

Oh tell me about it. I used to hate shopping, never tried anything on. I would just buy it and hope for the best. Usually it was ok because the shirts were like tablecloths draped on me. Now I spend WAY too much time and money shopping. And I love it!
  #530   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 05:16

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

OK, here's a good/bad thing that I'm still woprking through, but trying to keep a positive spin on. Over the years, living overseas, I have gotten a list of great mail/internet order places to get cool and unusual work and play clothes (mainly from here, but also through Zulily, my favorite website for shopping). Now I am a size 12 (yeah)n which is as low as many of those sites go, and their 12s tend to run large, or are at least very inconsistent. So, O'm shopping at new places now, experimenting, having to send things back, which is a huge hassle, as I figure out how I fit into their sizing chart. SSSsssooooo, good and bad, but I wouldn't give this new part of the adventure for the world!!
  #531   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 390/231/200 Male 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 84%

I just like being able to walk into walmart and buy $5 Hanes t-shirts that actually fit. No more %500 markup.
  #532   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 09:58

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

^^ hear hear. Nice not having to dish out $$$ at the XL Casual Store anymore.

Also big kudos and congrats on losing 150+. Huge milestone and achievement. Very inspirational.

Last edited by Maori : Mon, Oct-06-14 at 10:09.
  #533   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 11:43

Stats: 390/231/200 Male 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori

Also big kudos and congrats on losing 150+. Huge milestone and achievement. Very inspirational.

Thanks Maori, and back at you. You're amazingly consistent at this, 3 pounds every week like clockwork. You're the poster child for LC weight loss success. I think if you published your daily menu we'd all be eating exactly what you do. I've watched as you've gained ground on me, then passed me, then lapped me. It lit a fire underneath me to try new things, so thanks.
  #534   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 12:23

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Quote:

Wow Maori! Look at you! I've missed seeing you here, and no journal anymore?? Anyway, kudos to you too, and all the very best for reaching your goal and maintaining! Its soooooo close!!
  #535   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-14, 20:17
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

On the way from point A to point B today at work, I noticed my shoe was untied. I was able to bend over and tie it from a standing postion for the first time in forever. No more painfully bending down to one knee, risking splitting out my pants and hoping I can figure out how to get back up. I have not been so happy about tying my own shoe since I was about 3.

Last edited by khrussva : Wed, Oct-08-14 at 06:02.
  #536   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-14, 00:10

Stats: 147/130/110 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

I just love being able to pull up zips on jeans which couldn'to zip because of tummy fat. Much better choice of clothes in my closet. Still dont feel I look slimmer but I must be after losing 20 lbs, although only 2 friends have asked if I have lost weight.
  #537   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-14, 12:49
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Even though I am still 217, my thighs are not rubbing when I walk. I know previously when I have lost weight, this didn't happen until I got down lower than this but I am happy to take it now.
  #538   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-14, 15:11

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

First time since coming to the States that i wanted to actually participate for Halloween. Of course i had to represent one of our main staples
Lady Bedazzler next to me is my dearest wife.

#539   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-14, 15:19
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Very cool ummmm .. are you a devilled egg? .... and hello to Mrs. Maori!
  #540   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-14, 15:20
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
First time since coming to the States that i wanted to actually participate for Halloween. Of course i had to represent one of our main staples
Lady Bedazzler next to me is my dearest wife.

OK! I get it! You're a deviled egg!!

You look amazing Maori! How about a smile!