Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385.4/375/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hope Where There Once Was None

It feels so good to wake up each morning now with a feeling of hope for my future. It has been too long since I felt that way. I've lost 35.5 pounds since 6/13. I know I still have an awfully long way to go, but I'm setting small goals along the way and thinking of this as a way of life and not a diet. Another 3 pounds, and I'll have lost 10% of my body weight, which is my first goal. I already feel so much better as far as my knees, I'm now able to get out and wander the stores without having to cut my trip short because of the pain. I love the low-carb life and feel so blessed to have found this group. I haven't posted much but have done a lot of reading and have gathered so much information from everyone. Sorry for the rambling, but I am just so excited!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 13:55

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Good for you!

One non-scale victory I had was being able to hop off the tailgate of my truck. Not a big deal for most people. A noticeably bid deal for someone who was 296 four years ago.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 18:29

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Congratulations, cincygal.

I didn't have as much to lose. But in three years, I'd lost 5 pounds, on my absolutely followed, low fat, high protein diet.

It can feel like a miracle, can't it, when something actually WORKS!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-16, 09:47

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 418/325/195 Male 6 Feet 2 Inches
BF:
Progress:

Great work! It's a journey with many twists and turns.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-16, 11:11

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow! You've done amazing work in such a short time period. You are having an awesome summer!

Having small goals helped me to not get overwhelmed by the big picture of having 100+ pounds to lose. I really think it helps to celebrate all the milestones big and small.

Yes, it's nice to see the scale drop, but the biggest thing for me has been the improvement of my health and just generally feeling better. Such an incredible "side effect" of this WOE.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 09:18

Stats: 318.6/256/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yay! Go, you! I have felt much the same way. It feels so good to be a low-carber.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 11:18

Plan: Atkins, Primal,
Stats: 169/158/137 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Also loving the low carb lifestyle. After being fat phobic for most of my adult life, still can't believe I can have cream in my coffee and eat a whole avocado for lunch.
It doesn't even feel like a diet. There are so many indulgences and I don't get hungry.
The best part for me though is keto clarity caused by bringing down inflammation in the brain from all those carbs.
It allows me to get motivated about what I can accomplish on this WOE.
Girl Power!