Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 05:21
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Sample meals for Shirls

sample meals

breakast - oatmeal,muselie or a high fibre bran cereal - you can have skim milk,ff yogurt and or fruit(cooked fruit or berries) with this.

high fibre toast/fruit puree or berries/ff cheese/ff yogurt/

eggs/cheese/mushrooms and or tomatoes/(no higher carb foods with the fatty proteins)

Lunch
chicken - no skin,salad, other green veggies like asparagus,brocoli, brussesls etc.

rattatouile/brown rice/yogurt

Dinner

homemade soup/and a low fat meat protein and veggie

or something similar to lunch.

It's best to have the higher carbs early in the day so they can be burned off by daily activities. Montignac prefers people to eat the largest meal of the day at noon and have a lighter dinner. He discourages snacking but says if an afternoon snack helps you to eat a smaller dinner then go ahead. Snacks are allowable fruits - nectarines, peaches, berries.
or some high fibre crackers (ryveta crispbread type). Or yogurt and fruit are all good snack choices.

Hope this helps straighten things out a bit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 06:29
Stepford Malfunction

Default More Sample Meals

These sample meals are copied from the plan I received from the montignac website - I have edited out the most confusing items as they were contradictory - This should give people an idea of the combinations and help out in meal composition. The little astericks were referring to sugar free/or recipes that were included some of these recipes can be found on the recipe thread here and the NGR probably has similar recipes. Remember when making veggie soup no potatoes,carrots or corn in it.
I have had difficulty having my biggest meal at midday but I'm working on it

Breakfast

-_Nectarine*
_-_Tea
_-_Skimmed Milk
_-_Rolled Oats**

Lunch

-_Palm Hearts
_-_Home-made Salad Dressing
_-_Roast Skinless Chicken
_-_Green Beans
_-_Cooked Cheese

_Dinner

Home-made Vegetable Soup°°
_-_Fat-free cheese
_-_Applesauce or Other Fruit Preserves**

Breakfast

_-_Fat-free cheese
_-_Toasted Whole Wheat Bread (use highest fibre you can find)
_-_Jam** (sugar free Just puree some fruit)

Lunch

_- Whole Grain Rice
_-_Tomatoes and Zucchini
_-_Fat-free cheese

Dinner

_Endive Salad
_-_Tomato
_-_Hard-boiled Eggs
_-_Cooked Cheese

Breakfast

-_Raspberries*
_-_Tea
_-_Fat-free Yogurt**

Lunch

Grated Carrots
_-_Veal Cutlets
_-_Spinach and Light Cream
_-_Cooked Cheese

Dinner

-_Green Salad
_-_Soy Bean Sprouts
_-_Plain Tuna
_-_Plain Yogurt

Breakfast

-_Peach*
_-_Soy Milk with Added Calcium
_-_Rolled Oats**

_Lunch

White Pasta (2/3) and 50% Whole Wheat pasta (1/3) (you could of course have all whole wheat pasta)
_-_Ratatouille
_-_Fat-free cheese
_-_Cooked and Peeled Apple

Dinner

Home-made Mushroom Soup
_-_Prawns
_-_Green Salad
_-_Cooked Cheese
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 17:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/152/145
BF:
Progress: 0%

Koko, thanks very much for the recipes. They're a great help. That photo of you and baby is 24 years old????!!! Your son must be a bit of a ladies' man now, right? He was such a cute baby.

I really appreciate all the help. I have a couple more questions though (I hate asking so much about this, but I'm sure with time I'll get the hang of it - please be patient with me.

It seems that carbohydrates must not be eaten with any types of fat. What is the fat is good, UNSATURATED fat, like olive oil? Can one then use that (like making wholemeal pasta for instance. Is it okay to use olive oil with a tomato based sauce. That way even though a carb is mixed with fat, the fat won't be too bad?)

And what about nuts and legumes? Are they allowed on MM? I was told that if you DID eat nuts on this type of diet, they should be eaten on their own, as they are very complex foods and dificult to digest with others.

What about chick peas and lentils. Are they carbs with a low GI? Can they be eaten as a snack on Level 1 of MM?

Thank you again for taking the time to answer me.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 17:56
Stepford Malfunction

Shirls don't worry about asking too many questions that's how to learn. Yes that kid is 24 and pretty handsome (if I do say so - if you saw Survivor Amazon he looked like -Jeez altimazers moment here - but the guy that won - the young guy with the curly hair and beard)He was quite sick of people calling him by that name as a joke. Ladies man - he could be - for sure he has lots of freinds that are women but is in a steady relationship with a lovely girl. Never thought I'd be willing to hand him over to someone else but this girl's a keeper.

Olive Oil and Pasta - if the oil is used in preparing the sauce - say to sautee the onions, garlic etc. it should not be a problem - by the time the whole sauce is made the fat content should be minimum and would be perfectly acceptable in combo with the carbs in the pasta

Lentils - low GI - Chick peas check the tables in the back of the NGR for exact listing but they are probably low - individual beans and peas vary though.

Legumes are things like lentils and chickpeas

Nuts - I'll have to check on - I'm not a nut lover only a nut so I haven't retained the nut knowledge in me head.

later - survior is almost starting.

Edit - Ethan that's the guy who's name I couldn't remember - my son could pass for an Ethan look alike.

Last edited by KoKo : Thu, Apr-10-03 at 18:13.