Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-14-18, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet Delivery
Stats: 265/253/190 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default South Beach Diet Delivery

Hi there, I'm so glad to see this forum full of advice and stories. I will enjoy reading through it. I'm sad to see it's pretty inactive, though.

I just started the South Beach Diet using their delivery service, frozen food and shelf-stable food. I guess they changed it and it's different from the book. Phase 1 is only a week long and seems to be about 50 grams of carbs a day total. Phase 2 is hovering around 100-150 grams a day total, depending on what you add in.

I completed week one so I think I am in ketosis. I must be, since I don't feel very hungry. I really like this diet, they are using stevia in everything instead of sucralose or other chemicals. Their complete shakes are awesome, best diet shake I've ever had. I see no problem with sticking to this diet! I hope I'll FINALLY lose the pregnancy weight and keep it off with this one.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thank you all for your wisdom.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-18-18, 20:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 247/229/153 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

hi i'm a Atkins person....just popping in to say congrats on your progress.

i have the SB book. A good read.

Stick with the program.....you're doin great.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 22:42
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you, Ms Arielle. I'm finding the diet much harder once they put me out of ketosis... I REALLY felt great that first week after the sugar detox. I will stick with it, though, and see how much I lose. But I think once my two months of food run out, I will go to general low carb again.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 00:01

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/160/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 55%

I just bought the South Beach Diet book. I like the idea of adding back a few carbs for sustainability but I certainly don't think I can afford to do that until I start maintaining (hopefully in a couple of months' time). That's also how I backslid, by carb creep. If you control it by following the SB diet strictly, maybe it's OK. I'll be interested to see if you continue to lose weight on the phase II SB food.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:27
Registered Member

BF:

I've lost ten pounds in one month, though I have not been adding in as many carbs as they want me to, I am still eating their food they delivered to me as directed and occasionally adding veggies and making my own snacks of goat cheese with almonds/pecans and I had organic red grapes a couple of times with the cheese. So it's still pretty low carb, I'm guessing my max carbs are 100 a day but usually between 50-85.

Once I run out of the South Beach Diet food (I have less than a month left) I will go to regular low-carb. I can't afford to keep buying their stuff, though it is good. Their shakes are amazing, the fact that they use Stevia instead of the chemical sweeteners is great. I might still use their shakes now and then on my low-carb diet.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 06:09

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 203/203/140 Female 5ft10
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashta
I've lost ten pounds in one month, though I have not been adding in as many carbs as they want me to, I am still eating their food they delivered to me as directed and occasionally adding veggies and making my own snacks of goat cheese with almonds/pecans and I had organic red grapes a couple of times with the cheese. So it's still pretty low carb, I'm guessing my max carbs are 100 a day but usually between 50-85.

Once I run out of the South Beach Diet food (I have less than a month left) I will go to regular low-carb. I can't afford to keep buying their stuff, though it is good. Their shakes are amazing, the fact that they use Stevia instead of the chemical sweeteners is great. I might still use their shakes now and then on my low-carb diet.

Hello Pashta
Well done! How are you doing? Iím in the UK and didnít realise that SB changed their plan. I use to visit this sight years ago and only know the old plan which is found in the old monthly posts. I had good success with it before (losing around 10lbs in the first two weeks) so I plan on sticking with the old plan. I was also much, much lighter back then (sighs) so who knows I might lose more over the next two weeks than I did before. I plan to stay in phase 1 for as long as possible as unfortunately Iíve a fair bit to lose, ugh! Be great to hear how you are doing.
Nemaste
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 13:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 247/229/153 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

SB has too many carbs for me to drop weight. I 'm no longer convinced grains are important. Root crops IMO are a better choice. Like Beets, and sweet potato.

Good you can look at the program and decide if it is good enough to stay with----
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 23:27
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Nemaste, I'm losing, 6 weeks in and down about 12-13 pounds. I have lost a lot of INCHES, though! 2 from hips, 2 from waist, one from thighs and a half from my arms. I love it! I am not eating all the carbs they say I can have, though... It's more like I'm mostly stage 1 with a bit of stage 2. I am having a bit of fruit here and there but not daily.

However, I think general low-carb would be easier to do overall and once I run out of food (in two weeks or so) I will be attempting the carnivore diet with my family to see how long we can do it, then general low-carb after that.

We can't afford the South Beach Diet Delivery and even me doing this for two months we had to put on a credit card... It's worth it since I am losing, though.

I can say for sure that their shakes are amazing. The best diet shakes I've ever had (not that I've had a lot, but these are made with stevia, real food and no garbage). If you can afford it, it's definitely the way to go.