Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/185/150
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Default Countdown to 145-150.........

I am looking for someone anyone that would be interseted in getting down to 145 or even 150? If anyone is interested in this goal, please post and we can support each other.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 14:07
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS started 1/7/2002
Stats: 180/170/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Smile 145

I'm restarting Atkins this week.Was on it b4 holidays. Lost 7 lbs in 10 days. Gained all back. Very upset. Started again 1/7 . Would love to be 145. Would appreciate a buddy for inspiration. Looks like we both weigh the same now, we can do it !!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 15:13
Registered Member

I am so glad you replied!! I also need a buddy for inspiration. I just started this WOE and I m so impressed how wonderful this is I dont plan on ever going "OFF" I just stepped on the scale today and I am now 176, I could not believe my eyes! I am so excited.

I am happy that you are starting this again I know you can do it. Try not to be too upset about the gain, now your back with this plan, you will lose it fast.

I am journaling regularly, and I am trying to add a little more movement into my life. I HATE TO EXCERSISE! But I am going to try. Can't wait to hear from you again!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:34
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up BUDDY

Congrats !!! I lost 4 lbs, but I had a flu bug over the weekend and didn't eat for 2 days. So, I can't really say it was due to Atkins. Felt better yesterday , came to work and..............ahhhh...I had a bagel with creamcheese !!!
Needed comfort food. Good excuse huh ?? I do love Atkins also. I am a big meat eater...I really don't miss the carbs..Guess I'll have to start again today...Hey, you keep up the good work. And do some exercise. I also hate exercising, but I joined a gym near my job. I try to go at least 2 or 3 times a week. I go on the treadmill for 30 or 40 minutes..Well, I'm at work. Talk to you later, Adele
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:41
Registered Member

Talking HI ADELE!!!

I am glad you are feeling better. I had that flu bug too, in December though.
That bagel and cream cheese isn't all that bad. Just start now from there. Don't have any other carbs now today.
You said you are a big meat eater, well I am not usually too crazy about meat, but I am learning to add variety to what I am eating. I am horrible about eating at home, but since I started this WOE I haven't eaten out but once. Which is great for my checkbook.
I am going to really try to start a work out plan. I started Tae Bo with my daughter yesterday, I just have to say, I am uncordinated.
Well, you have a great day at work. Try to keep focused on the end result. I gotta go to work now, too. YUCK!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:01
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Annah,
Ok...at work, eating lunch...burger with cheese and lettuce and onions on side. Sure better than that stupid bagel I had yesterday. Are u online at work ? So, have you ever weighed 183 before ? This is my worst weight ever !! I was 157 about 4 years ago and got so depressed. I went on a low-fat diet with lots of treadmill. Lost 17 lbs in 16 weeks..Felt great at 140. I'm 5'6''...How did I ever gain alll that back ,plus more ?? I'm 47 yrs old and I know it gets harder and harder as we age. I can't wait to reach my goal. Gotta do some work....look fwd to hearing from you...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 21:18
Registered Member

Smile Hi Buddy

I am not on line at work. I work at our family business, its a pizza place. I used to work for NorthWest Airlines, but was permenately laid off due to the crisis on 9-11.

I weighed 135lbs before getting pregnant with my daughter. I was gestational diabetic, so I ended up gaining 100lbs. It was horrible. I stayed 200lbs for about a year, and slowly lost weight, finally getting down to around 155lbs, by doing slim fast and other low fat starvation diets. I gained back 30lbs back and have stayed between 180-185 for a very long time now. I am 5'81/2". I am 30, just turned in November, and I am sick and tired of being overweight. I was tired all the time and crabby. I hated to cook, so I would grab something fast to eat. I started this in the beginning of January, in fact today is my 14th day. I think I am going to stay on Induction another couple of weeks. I am almost afraid to go to the next phase. I have never done this woe before. How long have you been doing this. I know you said you started before the holidays.

Well can't wait to hear from you again!! Take care
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 08:24
Registered Member

BF:

Happy Wednesday... Sorry to hear about your job at N.W..That is so sad. So, you have lost alot of weight before. You can definitely do this. I went on Atkins about a year ago. But really didn't stick to it. I gained a pound yesterday. ???? What the heck am I doing wrong ? Did that bagel mess me up THAT much ? How did you do yesterday ? Being around pizza all day would drive me crazy.YUM...I think I'm going to stay on induction also. I'm also afraid to go on and eat more carbs. I don't feel successful yet. I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday. Being sick, good excuse not to exercise. Think I'll go at lunch tda. Do at least 30 mins on treadmill. Talk more later..........
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:46
Registered Member

Talking HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!

HI ADELE:

WELL ANOTHER DAY OF INDUCTION "ish". THANK YOU ABOUT NWA. I AM OK THOUGH I JUST FEEL SO SAD FOR OUR COUNTRY AND NEW YORK I WISH I COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING MORE TO HELP. MY COUSIN LIVES IN MANHATTEN AND WORKS CLOSE TO WHERE THE WTC WAS AND SAW EVERY THING. ITS ALL HAS BEEN A NIGHT MARE.
YES I HAVE LOST WEIGHT BEFORE, BUT NOT IN A HEALTHY WAY. I LOST MORE MUSCLE THAN FAT. AND I GAINED EVERY THING BACK. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I CAN DO THIS.
I WOULDN'T WEIGH YOURSELF BUT ONCE A WEEK. I AM SURE I GAIN A POUND EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT I ONLY WEIGH MYSELF ON MONDAYS. OTHERWISE I WOULD FOCUS ON THE POUND THAT I GAINED AND THEN I WOULDN'T BE MOTIVATED TO GO ON WITH THE DIET I WOULD PROBABLY GIVE UP. ALSO INSTEAD OF WEIGHING YOUR SELF, TAKE YOUR MEASURMENTS, THATS WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT ANYWAYS.
OH SHOOT I LEFT THE CAP LOCK ON!!! oH WELL, HOPE YOU DON'T MIND.
YESTERDAY WENT GOOD FOR ME, I ACTUALLY JOURNAL, SO IF YOU WANT YOU CAN TAKE A PEEK AT MY MENU. ITS AT A-C JOURNAL(THREAD) UNDER ANNAH. I JOURNAL EVERY DAY IT REALLY HELPS ME. I ATE ALOT YESTERDAY AND HAVEN'T COUNTED MY CARBS I AM AFRAID I MIGHT HAVE GONE OVER A LITTLE. BEING AROUND PIZZA ALL DAY DOESN'T BOTHER ME, IT ALMOST GROSSES ME OUT TO WORK AROUND FOOD ALL DAY, THE SMELLS OF THE FRYER AND THINGS REALLY ARE SICKENING. I DO TEND TO EAT THE SAME THINGS FOR LUNCH THOUGH.
I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO TAE BO YESTERDAY BUT I DIDN'T BAD ME!!!! OH WELL TODAY I WILL TRY. SORRY SO LONG WINDED TODAY, I WILL TRY TO KEEP IT SHORT. I AM A TALKER THOUGH SO IT RUNS INTO MY TYPING, HAHA. I'LL BE BACK PROBABLY TONIGHT, TO FINISH MY MENU FOR THE DAY. HAVE A NICE DAY ADELE
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 10:21
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,
Read your journal. Gave me some menu ideas. Thanks for sharing. You are 100 % right about weighing myself every day. It REALLY does discourage me. I will stick to once a week now. I work for Verizon, the telephone company. I worked right next door to WTC on West St. WTC #7 fell right into our bldg. Needless to say, we no longer work there. It worked out great for me. I now work close to home. Alot less stress. But the heartache of that day will live in me 4 ever !!! My house has a skyline view of Manhattan. It is so sad to look at now. I could cry just thinking about this...... .Back to better things, oh...yeah....what does WOE stand 4 ???? Gotta go, be back later
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 21:16
Registered Member

Thumbs up Hello

I am glad you read some of my menus, do you have a journal, with menus, I tend to run out of ideas, but today I had an awesome supper, I was at work until 7:30pm so I had to eat there for supper. Anyways I had a taco salad YUMMY!!!! It was great, I took hamburger put shredded cheese on top, with some lettuce and black olives, I mix in some taco sauce. WOW was it good.
I am so sorry that you are so close to the tragedy. I cannot imagine how you must feel. I know that I am very insecure now in my life. The skies are so open, you know. I am so sad for you and all that you have to see every day in your city. New Yorkians are real strong people and really showed America how they care and came together, that is really a wonderful thing to see. I heard on the news now that there was a shooting at MLK High School, I am so sad when I hear the news. I just wish people would love each other and quit fighting and hating, you know? I guess thats life
ANYWAYS now that I am so sad, I will try to change the subject, WOE means Way Of Eating or WOL Way Of Life. Well I am going to watch 20/20, talk to ya later BYE BURRRRRR I am freezing, bye now
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 12:29
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Annah,
Yum...That taco salad sounds great. Will try that this weekend. Last nite I had a chicken leg and thigh..That was it. Not really hungry at nites. Breakfast tda was 2 hard boiled eggs, 4 little park sausages. I had been eating brown-n-serve sausage and noticed it had carbs. So i found Parks brn n serve. No carbs. I think maybe the sausges I was getting from the diner every morning might have had carbs and sugar. So, I bring my own and pop them in the microwave at work. I just went to a German deli for lunch. I got rosemary ham and havarati cheese. Just rolled the ham around the cheese. Not bad. Got enuf to snack on while I'm at work. Thats my worst time to eat. My boss sits here and eats ALL day long...Junk food. I don't want the junk food, but he makes me think of food and want to eat. So I have a bag of pork rinds here for emergencies. If it wasn't for him, I'd be happy with what I planned on eating all day. We're in a new office, as I told u ystda, so we are still waiting for them to come build cubes around us. Big walls,,,,,I don't want to see what he's eating all day. And ,mind u, he is HUGE....He just refuses to diet. Sorry for rambling...See ? we have something else in common..LOL.....Talk to you later,,,have fun at work....
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:19
Registered Member

Default it is THURSDAY

Thank God for weekends, I am glad we have 1 day left of work, I am TIRED! I could sleep for hours. I just came home quick have to go back yo work again tonight. Ive been at work since 8 am will be there till 7pm. I smell like a giant onion, yuck.
Anyways, I ate at Mc D today for b fast I had an english muffin, but I know that I cannot have no more carbs today. I wonder what an e. muffin is??? Oh well, I am disappointed with myself, I weighed myself and I gained a pound, I am so mad that I did that because I just preached to you about weighing only once a week, and what do I do????????? DUMB! But I am not too upset about the results like I said a pound can come and go so fast its all in how you feel ya know?
I think I am going to eat that taco salad again today, I dont know yet, I miss being home to eat.
Tonight after work I am going to a ballet, it is a New York Ballet Company, performing Cinderella, my daughter is so excited. I am too. Theres not much to do around here. I live in a tiny town, at around 9pm the roads are bare, its really pathetic, and boring. We are going to Orlando in March I am so looking forward to it I cannot wait!! BLAH, BLAH, Blah! Well you are fun to talk to what can I say?
You made me laugh, thay visual image of your boss chowing down all day and you with your pork rinds, I hopr your cubicles come soon.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 18:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/193/138 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile can i join too

sorry for butting in but i would like a buddy too. I would love to see 145lbs again.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome !!! Boy, you did great so far...14 lbs in less than a month....I must be doing something wrong.. been stuck at 176 for a week now..I'm at work, will write more later