Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 12:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/250/210 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 47%
Thumbs up buddies needed

ok guys and gals just started on atkins 10/1/05 doing great so far and loving the food

didnt know about this esction of the forum until fatimah mentioned it on her post now all i need to do is find her

Last edited by Angelize : Wed, Jan-12-05 at 12:24.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 17:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/188.5/150 Female 5 Ft 4 In
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey I found it! Best of luck to you Angelize! You can do this!
I will post a thread for Fatimah.
Jen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 04:57

BF:

thankyou jenna a noticed you had posted the link on your post for her i actually had to click on it myself i couldnt find the way to here lol

think im losing brain cells as well as fat lol

well now all i need to know is how do i get my tickerfactory tracker into here i only get the link not the picture ?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 05:16

BF:

#5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: My own (low fat/low carb)
Stats: 162.8/151.8/121 Female 5ft 3
BF:28.9%/26.9%/21.4%
Progress: 26%

Hey guyz thanks Jenna for the link really appreciate it

as for you Angel lol

Quote:
i actually had to click on it myself i couldnt find the way to here lol

that's so funny

I got a little discouraged today coz I weighed and my weight didn't change, but I guess I shouldn't be so hasty, it's been only 2 days and today is my third day
I started 11/1/05 I have lost only 1 lb, anyway it's something isn't it?

I'll start a journal guys and I suggest you two the same so we can track each other's progress and help each other, and I'm waiting for some other newbies to join us it'll be fun and encouraging!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 05:46

BF:

hi again ive added you to my buddies list and ive tried to send u messages but its not allowing me?

well i didnt weigh myself untill after the first 3 days because i was told it takes 3 days for your body to react so hold on in there and hide the scales for a few days then try again im not going to weigh myself now till ohhhhh tonight lol no just kidding ill do it on sunday so lets hang fire and we can both have a weigh in together on sunday yes?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 06:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/188.5/150 Female 5 Ft 4 In
BF:
Progress: 25%
Don't get too anxious. It will come. You may not see any loss for a couple of days but then a whoosh. I love those days.
I think that you have to have a certain # of posts (25?) before you can do a buddy list or private messages. You will get there quickly!

If you look at the top of the page you will find a green bar. On it says User CP. Click on that and it will take you to your profile page. You can see all the threads that you have posted to. When you post to a thread you are subscribed to it. I find that this is easy when I am going thru the newbie pages and welcoming people. I can look back to see if they are still around and keep encouraging them.

At the bottom of each persons post is a link to their journal. You can click it to go visit their journal to leave a message just to them.

You will pick up quickly! Don't worry! There is a lot to see on this site and it can be overwhelming sometimes.

Jen
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 15:49
Registered Member

Oh yeah Angelize thanks that was comforting, I'll wait till Sunday to weigh {yeah, right } I'll try not to be obsessed about it for the first week though, and I hope I love "those days" that Jenna pointed out

I'm so sleepy now, see ya tomorrow
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 23:48

Plan: not sure
Stats: 220/215/160 Female 5 foot  3 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi All

I am feeling some better today as you know i haven't been feeling good at all. In fact i went to the doctor Wednesday and went to the chiorpractor yesterday wehn i got up this moening ui was feeling some better as soon as my back and hips quit hurting real bad i throughlly intend to start my walking program. But with my back and hips hurting there is no need to start it until it gets better. Did i tell all of you that i had lost 6 pounds in 2 months. I have got to go for now i will post again tomorrow.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 08:05

Plan: not sure
Stats: 220/215/160 Female 5 foot  3 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all just stopped by to say hello and how arall of you today. My Husband came home from work and ate breakfast, but he had to so straight back to work he had a trip to make today for his work. I have no idea what time he will be back home. I sure sread the cold weather because of all of the house fires that will happen because of the cpld weather.How is my buddy doing hope this posting finds all of you well and the kids are in school
doing real good in school.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 10:36

BF:

Hi all good to see everyone using this post..... well it's my day 5 and i woke up feeling pretty tired and unlike the other days not including the 1st lol i was really hungry today can't stop munching on pieces of salmon ill end up looking like one if i keep up. lol
the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day i wasn't hungry at all infact i was making myself eat so not to skip meals or go more than 6hrs without food ( i never thought i could be like this on a diet always starved on others.

well im dying to get on the scales again but no not till sunday .... ill be really disapointed if i dont lose anymore ( some woman are never happy lol) 5 pounds in the first 4 days well that was great but a couple more would be fantastic.

speak to you all soon

ps. does anyone know any web sites that cater for fuller figured woman im looking for an abba costume or a 70's disco cant find one all costumes stop at 14-16 the odd ones go to 20 but im an english 24 !!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 14:04

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 275/235/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

I too struggle with staying off the scale. Right now I am trying to only weigh myself once or twice a week
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 15:03

BF:
Talking

Ok well to help you mistish why dont u join me and fatimah and weigh in on sunday then we can set another day in the week say wednesday for the next one and we keep to those two days only that way it will be a surprise and u dont get obcessed with them and down hearted when u dont lose for a few days

what do u say? its only one more day then u get on them!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 07:08
Registered Member

Hey guyz

It's weird that most of my family members like what I eat on a diet, usually they blaber about how unhealthy it is to keep yourself away from this, and that! I eat pretty normal stuff but I mix them together in ways they didn't imagine they'd taste good that's why they're impressed with the new menues lol. Today I ate boiled fish (in onions and tomatos, but I ate only the fish) took the fish and rolled it in lettus, along with a little piece of fresh tomato, a tiny piece of danish white cheese, and voila My sister's mouth was watering so I gave her a taste lol ..

I never woke up tired, except for maybe the first day, but I always woke up very hungry I guess coz I sometimes, unintentionally skip dinner or breakfast *bad girl* won't do it again, honestly!

one of the most things I love about my new WOE is that I don't have constipation any more, I make my salad in the morning and eat it all day long, and yeah I'm posting my journal right now, well ya be good buddies and check it once in a while?

and am waiting for Sunday to weigh, can't wait! and making it twice a week is even better lol, good idea Angelize! Join us misstish
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 13:56

BF:
Thumbs up food for thought try it its yum!

salmon fillet
butter
cream
grated cheese
leeks
lemon juice

melt butter in pan add leeks fry off for 10 mins add lemon juice and 1/2 grated cheese mix together untill all cheese has melted.

place salmon fillet on flat surface and spread the leek mixture on it, roll the salmon fillet up and place in a shallow pan with a little butter or olive oil and fry untill brown.

add butter to a pan melt it add cream and the rest of the grated cheese and salt and pepper cook until cheese has melted.

place salmon on plate cut into slices and pour over the sauce serve with salad and selection of veg ( remember induction so measure out)

try this one fatimah i suppose you could use any fish for it its really nice and very filling.

see you tomorrow for the big weigh in hope you can join us misstish