Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:53

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5.5
BF:25%
Progress:
Smile starting a new support group

Hi there,
Would like to get a support group going for new members.
Im doing the beach but anyone doing low carb plan is grrreat
Hope to hear from some friendly peeps
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:07
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Well, that may happen, and if so, fine.....but I'm not so sure of the advisability of it. When I first joined this board, almost a year ago, the best advice I got was from those much more experienced in this WOE.

There are a number of subforums, and they address varying needs of our members. But I think diversity is a key issue in understanding how we all react to lcing.

Many long term members stumble, and come back looking for new ideas. Their experience is invaluable. I'm just not sure if it would be as helpful to have a bunch of newbies chatting with each other as it would be for us all to share where we are and where we've been.

But, whatever.

Kay
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:23
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well that isn't very positive Good luck to you and I am a relative newbie. (December). I have found a lot of support here so I hope the same for you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:27
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Sorry. I didn't mean to be discouraging.

Kay
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 20:16

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5.5
BF:25%
Progress:

Well just for starters I have successfully been following a healthy way of eating for almost 4 years I have taken off over 30 inches and 15lbs and kept it off.
I do not consider myself a newbie ,but thats your opinion.Maybe you should only converse with your own kind,whatever that is!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 22:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/142/130 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi, All~

I'm a semi-newbie, doing Atkins off and on since last July. But I've been slacking off bigtime and really need to get back on track with both nutrition and exercise. I'm very lucky in that I somehow haven't gained back the weight I lost (about 15 pounds), but I haven't taken off any more and I'm looking and feeling flabby and soft.

Would somebody here like to sort-of partner with me? I feel like time is running out b/c I want to look good this summer--I did pretty well last summer but I know if I don't start working out again I'll really hate myself around April or May! I know I need a good kick in the butt sometimes before I'll get going, but I'm the type that has trouble asking for help. But I figure, other people can ask, so I will too.

If anybody can relate to my sad little story , let's talk, OK?

Thanks!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 23:16
Registered Member

Plan: No sugar, no wheat
Stats: 305/274/157 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi Jannie,

Have you been reading my mind? I was drawn to this thread because I'm looking for a "buddy" to get me back to the gym. I actually love working out -- once I get in the mode -- but I've been slacking lately.

If you're interested, drop a line in my journal. (Click on "journal" at the bottom of my reply -- I'm learning!)

P.S. I've been in San Diego three years, but I'mformerly from Erie, Pa., and made several road trips to Syracuse and the New York State Fair! Good times, good times. Ever been?