Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:49
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

I remeber when I did my training w/ 24hr fitness. They had me eating 1600 cals a day.... I wasn't starving..but I wasn't full either. I do about 2000 a day now..and I'm usually satisfied. I know I had a billion cals and carbs yesterday...I just had one on of those days that I didnt' feell ike putting up an effort about anything.
What i've noticed is that every 2 weeks i tend to fall off Atkins. Maybe I need to learn how to refeed, so that I don't go too overboard. I'm 4pounds heavier right now..but I nkow it'll be back to normal in 2days. I leave for Nicaragua on wed...I'm really nervous about that. I hate flying. I also hate leaving the comforts of home....lol
Are you losin weight at 2000 cals a day? I might have to lower my caloric intake...it'll prob be pretty easy as soon as i get a set eating schedule going.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 19:26

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wow, that sounds like a great vacation. I'm looking forward in hearing about it. I've never been there. What made you decide to go there? Do you have family there? I love ethnic food. Is the food like Mexican or is is mostly seafood? If it is Mexican food, must be hard to to watch carbs.... the beans and rice and stuff made with white flour taste good but sky high carbs.

As for my weight loss, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and my weight was down a total of 3 pounds. I started Atkins July 3, so 3 pounds in a month. I'm ok with that. It would be great if I could lose 3 pounds next month and the following month. I really should have my bodyfat measured. I hate people pinching my fat!!! I know it is there. I have a pair of jeans that have been too tight for years. My long-term goal is to have these jeans be baggy. It is a dream, but hey, I can dream!!! Hope to hear from you soon.
Angie
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 11:44
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I'm back!!! I gained 7pounds from that trip though..lol. The food was sooo good...alot of rice. We went to a resort that was all you can eat and all you can drink... My bf and I decided to just go wild and enjoy the trip to its fullest.. I don't know if I regret it or not yet... I don't look to bad, but i feel big..oh well.
We saw an active valcano there and 2 monkeys..lol... we went to a forest and swam in the Pacific Ocean...we took a bunch of pics..maybe I'll set up a page or something so you can see them!!!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:33

BF:

Some of it could be water weight. The rice is pure carbs and it retins water. Are you going to do induction? I am glad you had fun. It sound like a great place to go. I'm still plugging away with it. I weigh myself on Wednesday. I just eat too many calories. i'm trying to increase my fat intake. Nuts, meat and cheese have so many calories and take up so little space in my tummy. I want a big bowl of oatmeal. That fills me up and it only 300 calories!!! Angie
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:42
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

oatmeal..mmmmmmm...is oatmeal allowed? what phase are you on? I'm back on induction..its day 6!!! I had a bunch of whipped cream yesterday..but I didn't go over 20gs. I told my bf to punish me if I eat anymore whipped cream before the 2 weeks are up. I'm trying to do some more research on refeeds...it just might be the thing I need. I haven't weighted myself since sunday. I'm gonna do it again on Friday. I think you're right about the water weight..... how have things been w/ you?
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 19:36

BF:

I'm glad your back in town. Today was an ok day. Yesterday, I was bad. I purchased some almonds and I ate a ton. My carbs for the day were probaby 25 but the calories.... not a good day. However, I worked out for 1.5 hours yesterday and 1 hour today. Tomorrow will be about 2 hours. Hopefully, I'll work off those nut calories. I guess I'm close to induction. I eat 20-25 carbs a day. However, as stated before, I eat too much. My appetite has not radically decreased and low carb food tend to be higher calorie. No, oatmeal is not low carb. I have not had oatmeal in over a month and used to eat it daily!!!
Angie
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:29
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I used to eat cream of wheat every once in a while... I've been doing research on Refeeds..and it looks difficult...you have to eat low fat and high carbs...so i guess white bread and..other stuff..lol..
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 06:23

BF:

Refeeds... Is that part of CDK diet? I have read some comments on some of the messages. It looks confusing. You eat low carb for several days then eat high carb to refuel the muscles. Sounds like you need to do intense weight lifting to burn off carbs. Also, the calories sound high during refuels. Is this correct? Are you a body builder? Find TrainerDan. He seems knowledgable. Angie
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 13:26
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I lift weights, but I'm nowhere near to be a body lifter. On the atkins site he mentioned that you can have a 60min meal and eat high carbs..but only for 60mins...I think that sounds better than 24hrs. The thing i'm confused about is are you suppose to keep it under a certain amount of carbs and fat? like 90grams of carbs. I think I'll give that trainerdan guy a buzz.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 13:00

BF:

Yesterday I had some international students for lunch. They made food from Laos and Korea. It was the first time in weeks that I had a ton of carbs. I had rice in a breading with sugar in it and soup with noddles. It was good, but I can only guess at the carb count. Today I had so much energy working out. However, I'm not going to do that on a regular basis. Let me know what you find out about the carbo days. ANgie