Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 10:27

Plan: LF/LC
Stats: 254/191.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hey All-

I am a TTC too, but we are on a forced break..anyhow.

I just popped in bc I saw a couple of people from Marion. I was just there for a long weekend visiting a very good friend of mine.

Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancies!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 10:37

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Leslie,

Thanks, for the congrats. Who were you visiting here in Marion, TX? This is such a small town most people never heard of it even people from SanAntonio or New Braunfels.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

to everyone here! I am Karen, 33 yrs old and pregnant with baby #3, due in late July (probably early August - I usually go to 41+ weeks). I have two boys - Anthony is 11 and Victor just turned 4. This is my first low-carb pregnancy.

My goal: Not to gain excessive weight and still have a nice healthy baby. In my first pregnancy, I ate junk of all kinds and gained 62 lb. With my second pregnant, I ate much better, but LOTS of carbs and gained 70 lb. It took a LONG time to get back into shape.

I am planning a homebirth with a midwife (last 2 were hospital births and do not want to do that again). She is all for my diet and has been very encouraging.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 19:14

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

wow, I dont want to gain that much weight ! I know I have to gain some though and it's hard for me. it will be hard for me to pass 200. I am already overweight though so I think I can get away with only gaining about 20. I hope..lol
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 19:47

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

hi all. im quite sad about everything right now....My mom doesnt know YET that im preggo. Im only about 5wks. But i saw her yesterday all she kept saying was how fat ive gotten. I really dont want to hear this especially now that im preggo. theres nothing i can do about it right now. Then she called me a few minutes ago to tell me how fat i am. how im gonna die of obesity. how i need to loose weight. ive been crying and crying. im just ready to not eat at all. maybe i shouldve been a bulimic or something. im so upset...
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 00:55
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lisa I'm so sorry that you're mom is being so insensitive to you. But I'm sure she's not saying anything different than I assume she usually does. I've never personally had to deal with such insensitive family members so I wonder how women who have been raised hearing this all the time cope short of an eating disorder. I just say try to find peace within yourself...you are a wonderful person, daughter, mother, friend and no one has a right to always try to make you feel bad about yourself. But that is the key word...they may try to make U feel bad usually to try to make themselves feel better about their own short comings.

Congrats on your pregnancy...I'm sure the kids are excited, huh?
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 08:25
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

Okay ladies I'm interested in hearing what symptoms you all are experiencing. Right now I'm starving, I have the rhinitis (stuffy nose) tiredness during the day, heartburn about daily and sometimes my carpal tunnel (from my 2 previous pregnancies) acts up. Oh yeah I wake up every hour at night...last night had insomnia. Soooo how is everyone else?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 10:38

BF:

I'm hoping that I don't gain more then 20 to 30 pounds I've already gained 10 which is really too soon.

Lisa, I'm so sorry about your mom being so insensitive. She probably doesn't mean to be, She's worried about you & dosen't quite know how to express herself, so it comes out sounding cold. Somepeople had been bringing up my weight gain too, yes it made me feel like loser ( in a bad way) I know they didn't mean any harm, but it hurt just the same. She's lucky you aren't bulimic or anorexia. But you need to see the DR as soon as possible, you may not even gain but the baby weight who knows & don't forget to bring up your concerns to the DR about your weight.

Sophotia, I'm feeling tired, belly's been upset & I often feel like I've pulled a muscle in my stomach. My legs get that tired achy feeling too.

Congards to all the preggies.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 17:28
Registered Member

Plan: mixin' it up
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

I think I have finally stopped this horrible morning/afternoon sickness. I have not gotten sick for two days!!! I hated that seasick feeling that overwhelmed me. I did not experience that at all with my little boy. I have been craving sweets lately and because of the sick feeling have eaten a lot of toast and dry carb stuff.

I now have a cold and am sneezing non stop. I have been so short with my students this week. They have been distracted because the maintenance workers have been fixing this nasty leaking pipe in my classroom. It was horrible!! To manage them and deal with the mess too. Needless to say, I snapped a few times and said "Shut your mouths!"

Other than that stuff everything is going well. My little boy is really talking up a storm now and when I spelled "ocean" to my DH my boy said OCEAN! He loves to go to the beach and we take him on Saturdays. I guess I know what I will be doing all summer off until number two arrives. My next ultrasound is Valentines Day.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 07:06

Plan: ---
Stats: 199/189/165 Female 179cm
BF:39/33,7/25
Progress: 29%

Oh, that morning sickness... that lasts all day... and night!!!! Can't stand it. If only I could puke. But I can't, so there's no relief, ever.

I'm also tired, and have had a cold for more than 3 weeks now. I have minor cramps in my belly and the bad dreams started again. I don't know if you have it, but I have some nightmares. Like last night I dreamt I was bleeding! Terrible!

And one more thing, when I get hungry now, I have to eat right that second or I'll die! The same experience as the last pregnancy.

By the way, I have the next doctor's visit on Valentine's Day as well, probably with ultrasound.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 08:08
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgab
I have minor cramps in my belly
And one more thing, when I get hungry now, I have to eat right that second or I'll die! The same experience as the last pregnancy.

I have had the cramps for almost 2 weeks now as well. And girlllll and speaking of hunger...I feel like I will start gnawing on the closest thing or person to me if I don't eat as soon as that hunger sets in. Last night on the way home from work I got one of those hunger pains and pulled right into MC D's and got a double cheeseburger.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 10:38

BF:

Lisa,
So sorry about your MOm being insensitive like that. I'm sure she means well, but it sure doesn't come across that way. maybe you should tell her you are pregnant ? Then she will know why you aren't trying to actively lose weight right now ??

As far as symptoms go.. I feel ok for th emost part. Have been super tired and sleeping like a rock which amazing for me as I usually have terrible insomnia. I have been constipated but that is pretty normal for me as well. Yesterday, i was queasy and almost feverish and left work early but thats really the first time that has happened. Feel a little bloated but not too bad. I actually lost a couple pounds this week. We used to be pretty big "social drinkers" going to the pub for Hockey games or whatever a couple times a week etc.. Now that I have cut that out I'm sure it makes a big diff in calorie consumption.

Going to the doctor tomorrow morning. It is my first official appt. I went twice last week, but one was my regular family doc who referred me to the abby docot and the baby doctor one was more of just a get aquainted appointment.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 10:41

BF:

I also feel nausated I'll fight it by eating something salty. But I haven't thrown up, I wonder if I throw up will it get better. I can't stand it cause it really grosses me out. Yester day I felt so bad after sitting around the launderymat for a few hours & then still had to go grocery shopping I got some potatoe wedges at the deli eat a few & gave the rest to my husband, I really wanted cheese on them put they don't have any.

Then when I got home my body was so ackey. But I should be throgh with this part in a couple of weeks.

I don't really have mightmares but I have been having some really strange dreams lately.

Y'all have a great day.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 17:00

BF:
Default Another thing I noticed

Is that I'm getting hairy. I used to have to shave once a week & only the bottom 1/2 of my legs & now I have to shave a couple of times aweek. Plus I have to shave the top part at least once a week. And it seems my facial hair is getting darker. I always had a little but it was real light so it wasn't noticable. Now I'm thinking I have to do something like the facial hair bleach , I'm fair complected so it shouldn't be real noticable, but I was wondering if you can do that while you are pregant. Or should I just wait till the 1 st trimester is over. BTW I can't wax because my skin is already very oily so I don't want to make it worst.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 17:15

BF:

Interesting, I haven't noticed that. Anyone else ?