Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1816   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 05:38

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Smile

Happy to report a couple things. 1: seeing a 269.4 this morning for the second time in the past week + (same as last Wednesday).

2: right attitude. I love to plan holiday meals/days, and have also learned since I am not going to eat "everything" I may enjoy around a holiday on that one day, to plan special meals the week of. I caught myself wanting to make something that while yes, easily part of a balanced rm, wouldn't be enough and I'd easily end up with a meal that wouldn't be satisfying - why do it then? I found a low carb version I created, and dh has agreed it would be fine with him, so I can *happily* make this dish next week, and know it won't derail me. That is a win for me! (making an Italian Sausage Pie that is traditional around Easter - family recipe, that I had amended the crust for, and now am simply ditching the flour crust for a cauliflower version I'd come up with in the past).

This is the best of me - finding how to, instead of using reasons for why I can't make something work so just have it any way.
Sponsored Links
  #1817   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 05:42

Default My Easter Menu

Boring if you read over past years, I tend to make my favs every year

Easter Brunch

A recipe from Bucca di Beppo for an escarole and cheese frittata, cm bacon, coffee with half and half. (Not counting calories today)

Dinner:

Tossed salad with anchovies and Kalamata olives and a homemade oil and vinegar vinaigrette
Homecured cm Ham that we not only cure but also smoke ourselves
mashed cauliflower
my cm coleslaw
basil and lemon roasted asparagus
my recipe for a citrus version of oopsie rolls
my recipe for mini citrus twist cheesecakes
maybe 1-2 oz. wine
prolly a piece of dark chocolate with nuts
coffee

if a snack at any point, will be cm devilled eggs and celery sticks.
  #1818   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 11:52

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Sounds absolutely delicious Patricia!
What a feast!!

Honestly this plan can be so flexible too while still allowing us to remain in control.
Reading this I'm so inspired to hurry along to buy that cookbook meant for people with IBS like me.
I blame this condition for my lack of culinary skills as everything I used to cook, used to give me awful stomach pains, so I gave up in the end.
Now I'm encouraged that maybe I can amend them to be low carb also.
Your always so inspiring!

Going along ok these days; I'm happy too!
Had Salmon & Vegetables & green tea as a CM yesterday; appetite is so much less than it used to be!
  #1819   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 15:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
what a wonderful Easter menu Pat! You are the only person I 'know' who cures and smokes their ham!!!

I'm having 12 people on Monday for Passover- it's a very ritualized holiday meal called a Seder (order).
I'm serving:
hard boiled eggs, gefilte fish with horseradish sauce, baked chicken in a wine sauce with dried fruit, roasted potatoes, minted peas, salad, either green beans or asparagus, coleslaw made with red cabbage, babganoush, and desserts that people are bringing. One will be a fruit salad, one some kind of flourless tarte. I will also have wine.

Tonight's RM: cole slaw, roasted Cornish game hen, roasted cabbage, rice for DH and a piece of bread with butter and marmelaide (homemade by a friend) for me, water.
I realized when I started making dinner that DH had eaten the salad for tonight at lunch. I didn't want to run out to the market, so I took the half cabbage I had left and just baked it with a bit of olive oil and salt.

later-
E
  #1820   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Sounds absolutely delicious Patricia!
What a feast!!

Honestly this plan can be so flexible too while still allowing us to remain in control.
Reading this I'm so inspired to hurry along to buy that cookbook meant for people with IBS like me.
I blame this condition for my lack of culinary skills as everything I used to cook, used to give me awful stomach pains, so I gave up in the end.
Now I'm encouraged that maybe I can amend them to be low carb also.
Your always so inspiring!

Going along ok these days; I'm happy too!
Had Salmon & Vegetables & green tea as a CM yesterday; appetite is so much less than it used to be!

Glad to hear you are doing well, (love salmon...). I am not the best re technique but I love to try various new recipes, and tried and true favorites
  #1821   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 16:20

I even found a traditional Italian dish for Palm Sunday - just making it without the puff pastry - it is called a Torta Pasqualina from Liguria. All the ingredients except the puff pastry are cm, so I think I can make it work with just no crust, or a parmesan cheese crust (it is ricotta, swiss chard, eggs, parm and some herbs).

Love finding new traditional recipes that I can amend for cm meals
  #1822   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
what a wonderful Easter menu Pat! You are the only person I 'know' who cures and smokes their ham!!!

I'm having 12 people on Monday for Passover- it's a very ritualized holiday meal called a Seder (order).
I'm serving:
hard boiled eggs, gefilte fish with horseradish sauce, baked chicken in a wine sauce with dried fruit, roasted potatoes, minted peas, salad, either green beans or asparagus, coleslaw made with red cabbage, babganoush, and desserts that people are bringing. One will be a fruit salad, one some kind of flourless tarte. I will also have wine.

Tonight's RM: cole slaw, roasted Cornish game hen, roasted cabbage, rice for DH and a piece of bread with butter and marmelaide (homemade by a friend) for me, water.
I realized when I started making dinner that DH had eaten the salad for tonight at lunch. I didn't want to run out to the market, so I took the half cabbage I had left and just baked it with a bit of olive oil and salt.

later-
E

It's been years since I attended a Passover Seder...your menu sounds

and I LOVE cabbage whenever I need a satisfying cm veggie - love it boiled, baked, sliced into thin "noodles" for a quick pan fry, or as a coleslaw
Not quite as versatile as cauliflower, but close.
  #1823   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-17, 05:11

woo hoo..just for today, saw a 268.2. So happy to see that number again..it's the "100 pounds off" (almost) number
  #1824   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-17, 13:33

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Great news Patricia, nothing like seeing the numbers going in the right direction.
Good luck with that Italian Torte!

Eno; your menu sounds so delicious & special.

Tonight my CM vegetable to focus on is Aubergine/Eggplant!
Baby steps.

(I struggle most with finding enjoyable CM's & I think actually enjoying them is the secret to success!)
  #1825   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-17, 14:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Have fun with the aubergine! I LOVE eggplant.

Great news, Pat!!!

We're going to have my final "leftover" dinner, then going to the movies. It is going to be a bit hectic here for a few days, so DH just wants to be with me tonight. Nice.

later-
E
  #1826   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-17, 05:04

Happy Passover Eno (just a wee bit early).

MaryH - I built a batch of favorite cms over the years, it does help. Good thing to make a list of

268.4 this morning, but this is the weekend - 2 out of the 3 days are currently full of minefields...soon it will be better. I did okay last weekend, lets see how this one goes!
  #1827   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 07:53

I did okay this past weekend - my plan for a special cm on Palm Sunday worked out well (torta with puff pastry crust - I'll just make it without the crust..was awesome).

I have a sub-270 average again, and had a slight aha moment this morning.
My week for losing begins the day after I've averaged - so I am always eager/nervous to see what my Tuesday weight is.

I was disappointed because I was 270.0 this morning. Then I thought, let's go see what my past Tuesdays have been recently.

March 7th: 277.0
March 14th: 274.8
March 21st:273.0
March 28th: 270.6
April 4th: 271.2
April 11th: 270.0.

That doesn't "feel" so bad at all. It's my slow, steady rate that I know will return me to a goal weight.
  #1828   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 15:24
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Pat- slow and steady is boring, but it works. I wonder if you have the records from last time- how did your weights look then?

My Seder went great. Tonight we go to friends. I have lots of desserts in the house- and I would love one right now. Sigh. Instead I'm having eggplant and carrots and a club soda. I am planning on leftovers tomorrow and will have a cookie bar thing I make one day this week- if not tomorrow then Thursday.

later-
E
  #1829   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 17:54

Hi Eno, I do have all my weight records. 3 years ago today, I was 207.8...heading to a low of 150 that I hit before my birthday in late July of 2015.

I am making this a longer (and frustrating but interesting) journey than it had to be.
  #1830   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 17:56

So the recipe for zucchini fritters by Nigella Lawson is a keeper. However, I think I will give it a try without the scant bit of flour it calls for, as then, this dish would be cm. Feta cheese, fresh mint, lime juice (teense)..it is a delicious recipe.