Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2146   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 06:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, you are finally home Sorry the kiddo's lost but I bet you are happy to be back in your own routine now!!

KM, glad to hear you are doing well! I hope everything now settles for you and you can put some med stuff behind you!

Nicco, good job on the big clean up I also love getting rid of things. I despise clutter to no end and being a minimalist type almost everything in the home is clutter to me HAHA
Can't wait to hear about the camping trip, bet he had a blast.

Blue, hope vacay is fun!

Jaz, so sorry to hear about all the troubles for your DD. Sounds so tough I don't know how she can handle it all in her brain but of course she must. Sending prayers all works out good. I don't like the weirdo comments that ex's wife made, but I would think it will be ok for him to stay there, at least he will be watched well I think.

Find yourself some chill time also! Being a mom I am sure you are over the top with worry as I know you probably are Just let it happen and be there for support etc as needed!

HI GUYS
just super busy
kiddo is doing alot of friend things, running here and there and this and that. have so much mowing etc to handle and other things. Just keeps me slammed.
Pool is great and I find myself in it at all chances I get. SO hot here but I love that :
) but the afternoon Tstorms are keeping the grass growing like insanity!!

everyone have a fab day!
Sponsored Links
  #2147   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 06:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- won't lie, I am relieved to hear from you and that you took my post as I intended it. I know you are hurting and upset over your DD right now and later on I wondered if I was being insensitive and hurting your feelings. I really would not want to do that- to any of you! So thank you.

Wow, that gal has had some MAJOR results from the Keto lifestyle! That is really great. Very rapid weight loss for sure! I'm guessing she was eating a SAD diet before that?

So Saturday is the day for your DD. Well, I will definitely be thinking of you and of her and of baby Ava and sending all kinds of great vibes out there for her. I am so glad that things have gone so well so far. Fingers and toes crossed!

••••••••••

Got a bunch of decluttering done again yesterday! I am pleased. Very good progress thus far. Reclaiming space!

Today the cleaning crew are coming and the garage door opener is being replaced. I will be glad to be parking in my garage again! Color me spoiled.

Jaz- DS18 starts Aug 24 and DS15 starts like Aug 27 or something like that. So they have another month to go! And in our county, it just passed that public schools actually have to start after Labor Day now and get out by June 15, so that will be new for the public school kids. They are also shifting the start time of the high schools from super early (like 7 AM) to required 8 or later start time. So all kinds of things shifting in the public school sector this year.
  #2148   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 09:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Tough boot camp workout this morning and then I hit the laundromat. Came home and fired up the dryer and had it all done by 10AM. Soon time to go put on a face and go get my haircut. Cleaning lady comes this afternoon. Busy day! May run some errands while the cleaning lady is here. When I'm here, she takes a long time because she likes to talk.

Jaz......I basically eat meat and a few veggies. Sometimes I go days without a veggie, but then I'll crave a salad and have that. I eat a lot of Swiss cheese, thank goodness dairy is not a problem for me. Also eggs & a few nuts. Sometimes I make a shake with unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, PB2, avocado oil. Yum.

2 of the 4 lbs I gained over the weekend are gone. Too much eating when I really wasn't hungry....just for something to do. Bad habit. Hoping I can avoid that when we're at the beach house in the Outer Banks for a week! Yikes!

Ok.....time to go get a hair cut. Have great days everyone!
  #2149   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 09:52

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning!

Jaz: Tell your friend she is CapD! It is always so inspiring to talk to someone who has lost weight is so determined to keep going. I need to read up about healthy fats. I am still praying for your daughter and baby Ava. Thank you for keeping up updated.

Nic: Good job on keeping decluttering. It is such a good feeling. It is fun for me to keep up with your family. I think some day I might meet them! And I will know all about them!

Trig: Glad you are getting some pool time. I know that is your happy place. You are the queen of decluttering. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything left in your house! Made me smile when you said that even though you try to keep it to a minimum...it still looks like clutter to you!

Blue: Thinking of you and your DC vacay.

Lori: You are rockin' it. You already have two pounds of the four gone. I think if it was me, I would need to go straight home after Boot Camp. But you went to the laundromat! Are you in the best shape you have been in a long time?

Just had my O4. No coffee. I am just trying to do all I can to help the electrical system of my heart not go wonky. Trig...I gotta tell ya. I learned that word "wonky" from you. I love it. And now my supervisor where I used to teach uses it. She just told me again yesterday that she loves to use that word and that she learned it from me. Anyway...so no coffee. Lots of water. Hoping for no stress. Hopeful, but have a steady heart in case my heart goes into A-Fib again. I have a plan in place if it does. That feels good.

K-Mom 10x3
  #2150   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 16:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quick check in- Fly by-

Leeann- YUP YUP- I never pass up good, well intended thoughtful advice! -
Glad things are humming along for you. Sounds like your word of the year is working! BALANCE! Remember those words!

KMOM- did you ever give us your word? It was a word we wanted to help us during the year.
I remember that BLUE's was Perspective, mine was THRIVE,
TRIG- WHAT WAS YOURS?????

So glad work day over- I seem to be more tired these days. The dog days of summer for sure. I should be swinging in BLUES hammock, or floating in a pool all day - not stuffed up in a cubicle. Sigh....
Ya know I almost became a teacher years ago.
Back When I was deciding what I wanted to "be" when I grew up.
Thank goodness I never grew up- HAHAHAHA

Lori- so interesting- just how on the low you are about your food. Just simple - and life goes on...... LOVE that. I loved you said a small salad when the crave hits- just meat most of time. What fats do you eat?
Do you add Pea protein to your shakes? Have you tried the SO Delious Coconut Milk? They use cream in it too! It is fabulous. So thick.

So very pumped about - the tweaking and getting past this stall. DETERMINE! oh yea and portions-

Stay cool ya'll

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Jul-19-17 at 17:51.
  #2151   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 03:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz...I use vanilla egg white protein powder. It is called MRM. I order it from Amazon. Most of my fats come from Butter, Coconut oil & Avocado oil. To be honest, I think I need to start tracking and see where my macros are. I think I should be eating more fat. Maybe this Fall when things calm down a bit, I'll go back to tracking for awhile.

I have to be at the golf course early this morning, 7AM. I'm helping to get things set up for our big ladies tournament today. We have a "Flamingo" theme and we have a bunch of cardboard flamingos to put out on the course. Last week we attached the cut out flamingos to sticks that we will put all around the course today. The lady that is in charge always has the cutest ideas. I have no idea what other surprises she has in store. Knowing her she will have live flamingos running around!(joke).

I am so sore from boot camp yesterday. We had 21 different exercises on the white boards and we had to do 21 reps of each one and just go thru them all as many times as we could. My shoulders and butt are feeling it. One of the guys at boot camp yesterday asked me if I'm losing more weight as I look like I am. It was funny, as the guys don't usually say anything.....the women do, but not the dudes. We only usually have about 3 or 4 guys there with all us women. They are brave!

Ok.....I just have time to get a couple cups of coffee down and then off I go. Have a great day!
  #2152   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 04:33

BF:

Lori- I love the flamingo idea- that is cute! So are you all wearing pink? Wow the dudes checking you out at bootcamp? You said bootcamp was mostly ladies? Really? Are they all really fit?
Egg white protein huh? So do you use that as a meal replacement?
How many times a day do you eat?
I might check that out? I struggle to find something good at lunch. I either have salad or tuna. Getting bored of both. But I haven't thought much about a shake swap- because most have the WHEY- i.e. dairy. Thanks- I think I could do a shake for lunch. What is PB2- Peanut Butter?

KMOM- so glad you are feeling better everyday. Hopefully you can get back into your groove. You were walking and swimming and all that before this all started. Did the doctor say anything about restrictions, swimming?

Leeann- You get your garage back! - Love that. Seems to me when we had a garage it was a huge place to store stuff. We could only get one car in for awhile! Until like you- I was like - this STUFF has got to go! I want to car in before the snow comes!
Then he got a big BIG ol truck that couldn't FIT in the garage- and we had junk again!
It does feel good to clear a space!
Are you using your backyard much these days?
How interesting about your school start dates. I would think that nationally it would be all the same. There is a BIG uproar here due to the start date of July 31st. I get that!

TRIG- where are you hiding these days? You are missed too!

running late today- will be just a meat day- thinking no veggies today. I will see how that rolls. I also have a Sprouts next door to me at work- they sell tons of natural stuff. I will see about powered protein.

More later! HAVE A GREAT DAY
  #2153   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 06:51

BF:

Trigger, I cross posted with you yesterday, apparently! Sounds like your DD is having a great summer just running around. That's awesome. It is hard for kids to have an unplanned summer around here because everyone is signed up for something, so then I sign my kids up because there is nowhere else for them to hang out with other kids! Vicious cycle.

Jaz- Definitely been decluttering in the house (although not yesterday) but for the garage, the door opener thing (from 1998, apparently!) had broken and had to be replaced. Now I can use it again! My parents and my Mom still, use their garage for storage. My neighbors do also- park all three cars in the driveway and keep stuff in the garage. They have a big house, too! My car is garage kept- you won't find me scraping ice or in a boiling hot car in the summer! I'm spoiled.

Lori- That bootcamp sounds like such a workout! I bet you are so toned. Nice compliment to get too!

BLUE- I hope you are awesomely rested and happy.

KMOM- Keep that water going - maybe this is a good way to wean the coffee down? Although I don't think you were a huge coffee drinker anyway.

This hasn't been a good week of food choices for me, which is not good because I am headed into vacation week next week! I have been SO LAZY with food. I don't think I have cooked dinner once this entire week. No fresh fruit around for DS18, no home cooked food in the fridge- it is ridiculous!! The shelves of the refrigerator are almost completely bare!

DS18 got his housing assignment for college yesterday and is really, really happy. He scored big. His GF however is way out at the edge of campus and it is a BIG campus, so that is a little unfortunate. At least she got AC though. Some dorms have tiny rooms and no AC, which would be miserable at the start of the school year! My DD went to school in Southern Maryland and her freshman year did not have AC in her room. We claimed allergies and had an AC unit put in the window for a small fee. It was worth it!

We are having a long string of 95 degree days right now with high humidity. Horrible. I have been avoiding the outdoors although I did mow the grass yesterday about 5:00PM. Sweated hard!

Getting two loads of laundry done this morning and then doing a MoW sub shift. Home for a while and then a big Happy Hour celebration for one of our Bunco Chicks who is visiting from London. She has been sorely missed by all of us! There will be pitchers of margaritas flowing!
  #2154   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 07:25

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi everyone

sounds like everyone's lives are hopping and a'bopping in full speed

quickie post today......I am getting ready to hit the road in a bit. errands galore etc and will catch up later.

got 2 nice ribeyes to eat today whenever. Defrosted a pack of 3 so will give one to hubby for his dinner. Beef holds me SO well. I like that. The not being hungry feeling I get with good beef!

have to hit the road today and errands, deliver some stuff etc. Kiddo has ear ache...hmmm, had some ear antibiotics from a couple years ago and used that and HOPING it works on her. Waiting for her to get up and see if it is trip to urgent care for new meds for this ear or if we got away ok and she is on the mend? will see soon

KM I hear ya on that word wonky. It just fits so many situations and once ya start to use it you keep using it LOL funny!

off to get moving. everyone have a fab day
  #2155   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 08:30

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Grrr....heart went out again yesterday, which meant it only stayed in normal sinus rhythm for one day. I told myself I would not react, and there was a plan in place. Well, that is harder said than done. I DID react. I was disappointed, discouraged, etc. But it only lasted a half hour or so. I think I need to give myself some leeway to react, because it is going to happen anyway. I am going to feel those feelings.

I am doubling the dose of the anti-arhythmic med today and have a fourth cardioversion set for next Wednesday.

Sorry to be all about me this morning. I will do personals later and update you on my woe and how I am doing.

K-Mom 10x3
  #2156   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 16:14

BF:

Kmom- so sorry. Is the next step ablation? I know 2 people who have had that done and it really was a awesome thing for them! they never had any residual afterward.

more later-
gotta run

100% today
  #2157   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 16:56

BF:

Good Evening!

Had a fun, but HOT day on the golf course. The flamingo theme was a lot of fun...and yes, most of us wore pink. My team came in 4th and I got the most darling flamingo beach bag, beach towel & sunscreen. Outer Banks here I come!

Jaz....yes, PB2 is powdered peanut butter. As for how many times a day I eat, it varies. Most times I break my fast with either a shake or a lite meal. Then usually a mid afternoon snack and then whatever meat and veg I make for dinner. I eat VERY simply.

I'll be heading to boot camp in the morning and then the washer repairman is supposed to come. I'll be so happy to not have to drag stuff to the laundromat anymore.

KMom...sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Hope the ablation is the answer for you.

7PM and I could go to bed. Being out in that heat all day was tiring.

Have a good night everyone!
  #2158   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 04:27

BF:

Friday- My favorite day - you all know

Lori- I get ya on having not to drag your stuff to the laundromat. I was a HUGE blessing when I stumbled upon that dryer I got for 50 bucks! I was dragging my sheets and towels to a paid community dryer. So happy to just toss them in MY dryer here where I do other things.

Here people have had their stuff taken right out of the washers and dryer. Serious!
I know the heat takes it right out of you. Sure does- make sure you get your water in!

So Lori- when you make your shake- Almond milk, powered PB, egg white protein, and avocado oil? Do you add ice? anything else? How often do you have these?
It has caught my attention. I would really like to find something I can just take for work and forget about it. A shake would fit that need. I could make it in the morning and toss in the fridge there until I wanted it.

Leeann- I hear ya on not scraping snow! I bet you get a tone of it where you live too!
Believe it or not- I sorta missed it last year. It was fleeting though!
However I do have memories of a new snow- and ya wake up and look out and it is untouched- there really is something very special about that moment.
Any plans for the weekend? You are ALWAYS doing something.

Trig- what re your weekend plans. Are you in the pool these days?
You seem very busy.

Kmom- do you have another doctor appt? I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this.
The good thing though is that it is FIXABLE! Then you are done!

Blue- MISSED!
------------------------------------------
We have hit that spot in the summer where I no longer want to be outside. Almost unable to breath- and OMG the heat!

So I am going to go and look at the health food store for some of your ingredients Lori- for a shake. Ice no Ice?

I am getting weary of having to cook ALL the time. But I have found that when I don't - that comes temptation. So reluctantly I cook- then I find I am not in the mood for it - and I toss in in the trash.
Food rut.

I did however finally put that port roast in the crockpot. It will be ready when I get home after work. I doesn't appeal. But I was at the point of use or lose.
I might just put it in serving portions and freeze it.
I have some slaw I can make if I get the urge. I am just not thrilled about any food right not- food is almost annoying. I'm rolling with it though!

Still hovering at low- no change. But ya know I FEEL really really good!

Enjoy your day all- and WATER UP! -
  #2159   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 06:22

BF:

Good Morning!

Boot camp done, showered and waiting for repairman. Sad day in our small town. A 30 year old football coach for our local high school was swept out to sea in Corolla NC yesterday. He and his 10 year old son got caught in a rip tide. Life guards were able to save the boy, but could not get to his Dad. He had 4 young kids. Our town is in shock. This is the same place where I am heading in a bit over a week. I will be frantic if my husband, son or grandsons go in the water. He was a good friend of the guy who owns the boot camp studio that I attend. He used to train us from time to time. Feeling sick to my stomach about it all. I simply don't know how his wife will process it all.

Anyway, Jaz.....I put unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my blender, add a scoop of MRM vanilla egg white protein powder, 2 TB of PB2 powdered peanut butter, a TB of collagen protein powder, a TB of avocado oil and ice. Blend it up and yum. I don't have it every day. As a matter of fact, it's been a week since I've whipped one up. I think today is the day!

Be kind to yourselves and hug your loved ones. Life is so fragile.
  #2160   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 06:39

BF:

Trig- Wondering if your DD could have swimmer's ear? I hope she is feeling better today.

Kmom- I am sad that the cardioversion only worked for a day. How frustrating. I completely agree that you gave yourself room to react and feel frustrated, irritated, scared etc. All perfectly valid. Also glad there is a plan in place!

Lori- Girl, I don't know what your heat is like there but here it is UNBEARABLE. Really really horrible. I cannot imagine being out playing golf or doing anything else active outside.

Jaz- Agreed with you on the horrible excessive heat from hell. This time of summer and the coldest parts of winter I absolutely hate. Otherwise I am all about the four seasons. We hit a heat index well over 105 yesterday.
I hope your pork roast turns out more appealing than you are thinking this morning!

••••••••••

Had a nice time at Happy Hour yesterday with my peeps. We were welcoming back one of our flock, who is "home" visiting from London, where she and her family moved a year ago. I actually saw her in London in April as well but super glad to see her again, and will see her tonight as well.

Hot hot freaking hot just damn hot. Nasty nasty nasty.

CASA baby visit today and seeing my friends this afternoon/tonight. DS15 is getting picked up from camp by Dh tonight and DD and her Fi are coming over to spend the night apparently but not until late. And then they have plans for tomorrow. We are a lay over. I told her there is no food here. Totally true. We do have milk. And eggs. And cheese.

Tomorrow we are making an family effort to get some weeding done outside- it is an out of control jungle- but with DS15 only having one day at home and DS18 working tomorrow there will be way more weeds than workers.

EDITED TO ADD- Lori, just saw your post- we cross posted. so very sorry to hear about the death of the father in the riptide. So scary! I am very glad the son was saved but of course wish they both had been.
Closed Thread