Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1876   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 16:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
can't believe it's almost June!!! Time is FLYING!!!

Tonight's RM: salad with blue cheese, roast chicken breast, brussel sprouts, cole slaw, 1/2 pita bread (it was a large one), 1/2 slice of pineapple, water.

Tomorrow I'm making chili with lots of roasted veggies we had on Sunday- eggplant, squash, peppers and mushrooms. I have grass fed beef and organic black beans, as well as chipotle salsa. It will be good.

Breakfast tomorrow will be the leftover chicken and Brussels from tonight. Lunch will be a beef hot dog with no bun, sourkraut and club soda.

later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #1877   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-17, 12:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hello!

We have had dinner out the last 3 nights- I managed a good RM except for Saturday. That night we were at friends, and there were no veggies or greens or a salad. Oh well.

Tonight we're having salad, eggplant parm, chicken sausage, pasta for DH (I will have 1-2 ravioli), and for me my carb will be 1/2 bagel. Water to drink.

That's as far as I have gotten for the week's meals. I am going to try eating our of the freezer for a bit, as we are gong to be away for a long visit to DD.

later-
E
  #1878   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-17, 08:35

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Waving hi. I did do great with all our travels last month (3 trips, came to approximately 6 thousand miles of in the car travel). Despite lots of stress re fil and other things.
Then we came home in time for Memorial Day - did good. But dh got really sick. Two Urgent Care trips, no sleep for approximately 4 days..it got gnarly, and I fell off.

Have had good moments, some good decisions. Will be completely back on in next day or two. For now, one meal decision at a time.
  #1879   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 18:26

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi

Patricia- that sounded hard going. Hope your DH is on the mend now.
I always fall off if i'm lacking sleep or low in energy as well.
Hope things are on an even keel for you now!

I've been having a nut & seed energy ball instead of eggs for breakfast for a long time now.
I could no longer face eggs or a substantial breakfast of any kind really so was having no breakfast at all; just coffee which was making me feel sick to the stomach. So this nut & seed energy ball is around 4.7g Carbs; [The ingredients used would not all be 'on plan' but they seem to suit me OK!]

I learned something new recently which was that it can be hard for our bodies to build muscle when we're actually losing weight.
Apparently, fitness people go through something called "bulking/cutting" phases all the time; bulking- meaning they eat more carbs and strength build, and cutting meaning they 'lean out' and lose weight.
So next time i do fall off the wagon,-weight loss wise- i'm going to take advantage of it and do more strength building exercises in order to build more muscle.
This will mean i'd be in a better shape overall & it will lessen the likelihood of feeling gaunt and bony when i do achieve a lower weight.
[I know it sounds ridiculous but this aspect really puts me off losing weight - i can't stand that bony feeling]

I'm all for having a plan b, c and probably D too!
  #1880   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 13:51

Maryh, I hated how boney I got when I was in the 150 (at my lowest), and won't let myself get that thin again.

No way! Interesting thought re the bulking/cutting. I want nice rounded muscles!
  #1881   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 15:43
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I was really uncomfortable when I first lost all my weight too- bones pocking out where I had none before- somehow it all worked out and it redistributed over time, I think.
RM tonight is going to be Vietnamese - all tofu and veggies tonight, with water to drink.
Tomorrow's planned RM will be a burger, ear of fresh corn, slaw, peppers, green salad and water.

later!
  #1882   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 17:54

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm glad to hear you find things got more comfortable for you and that things redistributed over time Eno.

I found a type of strengthening exercise that aims for a more elongated look, not bulky. I tried them once and oh my gosh; you seriously feel it even though they look very easy to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3p1uVgCoo

From what I've discovered doing too much cardio + too low calories= a very gaunt weight loss- that looks like it doesn't suit people.
Runners can sometimes end up looking very gaunt.
Whereas; Moderate Cardio + strength training exercise + moderate calorie deficit= The healthiest looking result.
  #1883   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 03:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
thanks for the link to the workouts. They look great. Right now I mainly walk, and do the rowing machine for 30 minutes once a week.This looks doable for me. I love Pilates but it's really pricey.

Going out with DH tonight to a new place he wants to try. We'll see. Then on Saturday night too- but I picked a place and will get a salad and a bbq beef sandwich.

later-
E
  #1884   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 06:14

I am sticking with walking and my recumbent exercise bike

On day 4 of getting back in the groove. Despite feeling incredibly grumpy, it is going well.
  #1885   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-17, 18:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hello!
Had a really nice and quiet weekend.
For RM last night had a caesar salad, crab cake and sautéed spinach, cole slaw, vodka and champagne. Oh- and a piece of fresh baked bread and butter.

tonight's RM was salad, beef brisket, one tortilla, refried beans and guacamole, water.

Tomorrow will be the leftovers from tonight.

Wed?
Thursday will be roasted chicken at a Peruvian chicken place. Then?????????????????????????????????????

later-
E
  #1886   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-17, 05:46

I have made over a week fairly back on plan (meaning need rm tighter).

Got sick last night, which was a darn shame. Had made a wonderful garlic roast beef (rather fussy, 3 different uses of garlic and steps such as pan roasting the garlic, making a garlic oil and a garlic paste), with plans for a homemade sub with roasted red peppers. Had the bread and meat and nothing else...went to bed way early.

Today is leftover roast beef tonight, will actually have veggies and salad this time
  #1887   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 14:49
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
just want to let all the CAD/CALP posters know that I'm heading out to visit my grandkids for a month. I can't post when I'm there- I will catch you when I'm back.
While there it will be my 14th anniversary on CALP!!!
later-
E
  #1888   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 19:49

Have a wonderful trip Eno, and congratulations in advance. Truly one of the best cad/calp success stories!
  #1889   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-17, 13:16

Waving hello. Finally almost back to making progress. Putting new recipe in my journal if looking for a breakfast option.
  #1890   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 14:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I can't believe it's been a month- and no posts except Pat. Sigh. This plan has no support and no publicity- it's ging to fade away.

Just got back from more than a month away. Weighed today- same weight as before I left!!! YAY!!! I was more flexible than usual, but stayed mostly OP. One really off plan day- very unusual for me- but a combination of circumstances. Got right back on plan the next morning.
One of the things that helped was never ordering dessert. On a trip with 7 dinners all inclusive- I did get one dessert that was fruit (and strange! One strawberry cut into quarters and cooked!)- most nights I had a taste of DHs and one night got the cheese plate to share with the table. Also did not have alcohol nightly, and limited to one beverage if I indulged with dinner.
At DD house I had more control except for dinner. Tried my best to balance.

Yesterday on the trip home I had eggs for breakfast, chicken with salad for lunch at the airport, and no other food on the plane. I try not to eat any plane food. DH had the meal, ice cream (his and mine) and also skipped the pizzeta snack thing. He has not felt well after eating it. Drank 3 cans of club soda.
We got a chicken sandwich and side salad at the airport at our stopover.

Tonight's planned RM is : salad, chicken sausage patty, eggplant and bread.

later-
E