Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 20:11
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Pistachio-Rosewater Cookies [Carbquik]

Pistachio-Rosewater Cookies

My family lived in Teheran, Iran when I was 10 years old and I just loved all the wonderful pastries and baked goods in the Iranian and German bake shops there. Rosewater was a commonly used baked goods flavoring there. One sugar-type cookie we used to get there, made with pistachio nuts, was one of my favorites. I decided today I would try my hand at a basic refrigerator sugar cookie recipe, using alternate flour ingredients and artificial sweeteners. The result was quite nice. As the roll of dough will keep for a long time in the refrigerator, you can bake just as many as you like. The total recipe of dough will make about 4 dozen cookies, if they are sliced about ¼” thick. This recipe is not suitable until the grains rung of OWL. This basic dough, minus the pistachios and rosewater, would make an excellent plain refrigerator cookie, using 1½ tsp. vanilla for the flavoring, of course. The various bake mixes and flour substitutes can be varied in this with likely the same result. So if you don’t have the ingredients for Kevin’s mix, you could just use all Jennifer’s mix and get about the same result.

INGREDIENTS:

2 sticks butter, unsalted, softened
2 small or 1 large egg
¼ tsp. salt
2 oz. pistachios, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 c.)
1 T. + 1 tsp. Rosewater (I use Sadaf brand, from Middle Eastern grocers or on-line suppliers)
½ c. granular Splenda
¼ c. erythritol
1 c. KevinPa’s Bake Mix, Peggy’s Version (see below)
½ almond flour
½ c. Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid LowCarb Bake Mix: http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2...stomize-to.html
2 T. Carbquick Bake Mix
1 T. oat fiber

DIRECTIONS: In a medium bowl, soften the butter and beat the egg into it well. Add the salt, nuts, sweeteners and rosewater. Measure and mix in each of the bake mixes. Mix well and shape into a log on waxed paper. Roll the log up snugly and chill for about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350º. Slice of in ¼” slices and place on silocone or parchment lined baking sheet (these don’t spread much during cooking. Bake for 10-12 minutes (don’t let get too brown) and remove to cool. Ice with your favorite cream cheese frosting with 1/2 tsp. rosewater added and sprinkle with some finely chopped pistachios, if desired.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes about 48 cookies, each contains (does not include icing or nut garnish):

29.71 calories
1.85 g fat
2.09 g carbs, 1.11 g fiber, .99 NET CARBS
1.83 g protein
19.9 mg sodium
13.7 mg potassium

KevinPa’s Bake Mix (MY version of it):

½ c. Carbalose flour
¼ c. wheat protein isolate 5000
1 T. wheat protein isolate 8000
1½ T. almond flour
1½ T. resistant WHEAT starch (Kevin used resistant corn starch)
1¼ tsp. Splenda (Kevin used Not/Sugar)
½ tsp. xanthan gum (my addition)
Sponsored Links