Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-00, 05:42

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone,
Congratulations Doreen for sticking with Stillmans. It worked great for me for the 2 weeks I was on it.
Now, for the past two weeks I have gone back on induction and my weight loss has stopped! I am not in Ketosis anymore either.
Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I need to go back on Stillmans?
Thanks, Debra
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-00, 06:55
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy Oh no!

Hi Deb,

You are voicing exactly my concerns for when I go off Stillman. Did you go right from 0 carbs up to Induction level of 20 grams per day?? Maybe that did it, too much too soon. I was thinking to do gradually, in 5 gram increments, like when you go from Induction up to OWL.

Another thought might be to first add back FAT, since that's what I'm missing most. As long as I'm still in ketosis, THEN slowly add back carbs. Hmmm, interesting. GOOD QUESTION, anybody else with experience here????

I'm definitely going to go past one week for Stillman, maybe 10 days, we'll see, I have some commitments this weekend that involve restaurants!! Might have to do steak and salad or something like that. Or seafood with lots of lemon.

Sorry things have slowed for you, maybe cut back carbs a bit for a few days ( I wouldn't cut out fat all the way to Stillman level though). Just a suggestion, but I'm dying to know if that would work (actually I'm dieting to know, hahahaha, I'm hilarious so early in the morning )

Doreen

#3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-00, 12:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Here's what I think: Stillman, meat fast and fat fast are intended to boost fat burning (stall busting), so they are naturally more successful (or even radical) in term of weight loss. If they are used to over come those stallss and Plateaus, it is normal to expect a slower rate of loss when you move back to your regular low-carb diet.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-00, 20:14

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Good idea Doreen, I will cut back on carbs but not fat and see what happens from there. I will keep you posted.
I did go from Stillmans to Atkins about 15-20 grams per day, probably too much ... too quickly.
Oh well, live and learn.... Debra