Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Patricia,
Well I'm back to work and slowly getting back to normal. How are things with you? Still busy? How's your Mom? Take good care of her and give her all the love and support you can. At the end of the day, one's parents are the best friends one can ever have...non judgemental and loving no matter what. One never really grows up while parents are around, isn't it?
Well Pat (can I call you that?), hows the low carbing going? The strangest thing happeneed to me....while I was with my mom and immediately after her passing away i didn't get a chance to stick with low carbing...firstly there wasn't time to do any cooking and after her death there were certain rituals to be followed and we were vegetarian for nearly 2 weeks, meaning mostly rice, veggies, fruits etc. I lost 3 kilos in that time. It may have been the worry, I don't know. Anyway, now that I have gone below the weight I haven't been in a long time, I'm making all efforts to make my weight stay down. Hope it behaves.
OK, bye for now, look after yourself and stay well.
Anu
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 05:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu , Im still low carbing , havent gained or lost so as long as i stay the same im good lol think in total im close to a 50 pound loss, i go back to the Dr's in Jan ... i always go by his scales, my blood work is also a little better than it has been , with my iron and cholestrol , i take it all day by day and i just returned from being with mom for 2 nites, shes not doing well Anu , I will go home again tuesday to spend her 77th birthday with her than I can't return till ch'mas but we talk each day , still not the same as spending time with her we have wonderful mothers Anu . Wow to the 3 kilo's of yours Anu ,thats great, are you still going to con't low carbing now ? how are you and your dad doing ?will he continue to live with you and your family?well Anu take good care of yourself and your family, Im off to work and since we had a little snow/ice storm i have to leave earlier .winter is here along with cold ice and snow .. take care anu .... Patricia
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 09:22
Registered Member

Stats: 288/284/187 Male 72
BF:37/37/20
Progress: 4%

nice to meet you and best of luck to you on your new way of life !
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 04:03
Registered Member

BF:

HI Patricia,
Knock me down with a feather! 50 pounds! Phew, that sooooo great!! Great going, absolutely great. I'm so very happy for you!

Well, I certainly intend to stay with low carb. I'ts a good way of eating and you can get to eat all that cheese and chicken and fish and not feel guilty, what's better!
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she improves soon. I'll pray for her. Please do wish her many happy returns from me.
OK, bye now and take care
Anu
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 04:07
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Guy,
Great to meet you too.
I see you have made a fair bit of progress. Good Going and best of luck to you on this journey.
With greetings from India,
Anu
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 04:44

BF:
Progress:

Hi anu i hope things are well on your end , well its 7months today since i started L/C wow how time fly's, I will be busy till christmas for sure and than valentines day is brutal , not sure if i ever told you im a florist,so your back to work and how are things going for you ? do the days get easier Anu? I hope and pray that they do ,well i just wanted to send a quick hello to let you know im thinking of you and take good care of your self Anu .... well off to work here in this cold cold place of canada lol bye Anu ... from patricia take care my friend
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 13:38

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

#68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 08:23
Registered Member

BF:

HI Miscruff,
That's a lovely pic you have there! Did you say you were LOOSING? My goodness, you're almost half your starting weight! I'm very very impressed. It must have taken SOME fantastic dedication and determination to get there......congrats! Keep it up and you'll be even more of an inspiration to the rest of us out here than you already are.
With greetings from India, Anu
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 05:37
Registered Member

BF:

HI Patricia,
You've really dropped over the horizon......was thanksgiving really that tough? And Christmas yet to come. Whew, that's a lot of hard work. Thank goodness I just go to an office>

This is just a note to ask how you are. I hope your mom's fine.
Greetings to you, your hubby and your dog,

Take care,
Anu
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 08:29

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu Im fine been busy with work and yes it will get worse before it gets better lol wait for valentines day,I plan on seeing mom again next weekend and than for christmas weekend, shes the same I began to cheat a little i know bad me , maybe its boredom i dont know, ate the entire meal at my ch'mas party including dessert !! wow bad me eh Anu lol and how have you been anu? still on the low carb? have things settled in a little more at your house? well i wish you a great day Anu , i hope your taking good care of your self talk soon again i hope .... take care and greetings from the cold maritimes in N.B bye bye patricia
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 00:36

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

#72   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 23:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Good to hear from you.
Nice to cheat once in a while, no? Life gets very dull otherwise....good to stir the old guilt pangs to get things moving, eh!!
Yes life is settling down. My dad is starting to take an interest in other things.....good for him, but my kids are feeling the pressure........."you watch too much TV", "does the music HAVE to be so loud", and so on..you get the picture. Anyway, we all have to adjust, I guess. But I'm having to play the peacemaker and I am NOT qualified!!
How're things with you? Where do you get the flowers for your shop from? I dont think you'd get many local blooms, gven the weather at this time of the year where you live. In Calcutta, the weather is beautiful right now. Temp's between 16-26 centigrade, no humidity, sun's out bright and shiny, lovely.
Bye now and best wishes to you and your family,

Anu
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 23:14
Registered Member

BF:

HI Miss Scruffy,
Thanks for the great welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you too. (I guess you already know a great deal about me from all the messages I've been exchanging with Aubby!)

Greeting and best wishes,
Anu
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 06:32

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu , well Im glad things are starting to settle down for you some , the adjusting part would be very diffcult for me, but you take it day by day i guess Im off this weekend(going to a wedding)than must continue ch'mas shopping some, the stores are crazy here, one can barely walk through the mall, the weather has been cold, up to minus 24 with the windchill but past days its been rain i like that better haha, and for sure we get no local flowers for where i work, all from south america , florida, etc I have been busy with work for sure and it will get worse before it gets better lol i plan on spending the day sunday with my mom than back to work monday the weather sounds amazing where you are WOW i could handle that for sure ,well time to fluff myself up for this wedding haha I still havent gained or lost any weight which is fine , how is the low carbing going for you Anu ? well my thoughts are with you and I hope your doing well ! take care my friend Patricia
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 06:33

BF:
Progress:

Morning MsScruff , have a wonderful day !