Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 07:49
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF - My own rules
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Getting Results

Slowly but surely!!!! I just finished week 12, a bit off plan due to traveling, but really not too bad. My scale weight is a little higher but I'm sure that will come off as I'm back on track. I got a second body scan at my gym before I left, since mid april I have lost a total of 25 inches!!! Including 3 from my abdominal waist! The scale weight was down ~12 lbs total. My lean body mass was only down 4 lbs and when I had the first scan done I hadn't changed my eating habits yet, so I'm sure a lot of that is water weight. The fat is going and my body is getting leaner and tighter. I feel stronger and definitely better when I eat more on point. I was really nervous to try this way of eating, thinking I wouldn't be able to stick w/ it or wondering if I'd see results but after 3 months, I believe in it and believe in myself. The next challenge will be when I go back to work here in a couple weeks (teacher here...) and adapting everything around working. I have some plans of ways to stay on track and I'm excited to keep seeing the changes. My taste buds have definitely changed and even as I indulged a bit over vacation, I found I didn't enjoy the taste of the food I used to love as much as before. Some foods really weren't worth the indulgence. Back to the low carb foods I love
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 22:04

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 236/220/185 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Congratulation on keeping your resolve! It sounds like you are making progress and looking for the positives, and looking down the line!

Keep up the good work! Just take it day by day. Slow and steady wins the race!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 06:10

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

It's great to experience the changes over time, and 12 weeks is enough to demonstrate how powerful a sound nutritional approach can be to health and well-being. It provides the reinforcement and incentives to make this way of eating a way of life. Congratulations on your focus and staying consistent with this, as staying the course the first few weeks is necessary to experience the positive results enabling everything to become easier going forward. And it does become very easy!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-16, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Insulin lowering
Stats: 144/134/122 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara9683
My taste buds have definitely changed and even as I indulged a bit over vacation, I found I didn't enjoy the taste of the food I used to love as much as before. Some foods really weren't worth the indulgence

You've hit on something here. I've found this to be true for almost any food and any person. When you give something up for awhile and then you try it, it's not what you remembered. I was gluten-free and dairy-free for 3 years and when I first had my favorite Papa John's pizza, it was nothing like I remembered. (Pre-Atkins, of course). I loved milk but switched to almond, and when I had a bowl of cereal with real milk I couldn't stand it and had to throw it away. I also learned to love dark chocolate and could no longer tolerate milk chocolate. BUT if you ignore your new taste buds and eat it anyway, you will develop an affinity for it again. So the key is to remember that "not worth it" taste and stay away! And then truly, if you end up having it rarely, you won't like it much and will probably toss it.