Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 07:19

Plan: montignac
Stats: 126/126/116 Female 63.6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question montignac

I have been recommended by several people to try this diet which might help with my increasing weight, constant lethargy and severe mood swings and I can see the results in a colleague who has been following the diet for a couple of months now and feels great and has lost weight. I am going to try it, although I have read that the book can be a little confusing and contradictive.

However my question was that although weight loss may occur fairly quickly, how do people manage this 'life style' once they have reached their target weight? is it an easy 'life style' to follow long term or is it quite tiring and difficult to keep it up? there must be lots of you who have had success and are still following it months later, please let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 00:44

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

Yes, it is easy to follow this WOE for life... in fact, that is the entire purpose of this plan. Phase 1 - you get to your ideal weight relatively quickly, phase 2 is how you eat for ever more.

i've been on phase 2 (pretty much, although i'm not strictly following Montiganc) for almost a year... no weight gain, no problem
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 12:01

Plan: now atkins (began with montignac)
Stats: 135/127/110 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi spang,
I just started montignac on thursday. how quickly does the weight come off on average?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 15:55

BF:
Default welcome!

Its been a while, but I lost 25 / 30 lbs in about 3 months - so with rough math, that's about 10 lbs a month / 2 lbs a week.

i was pretty strictly following the plan, but without doing all the food combining stuff. i just got the montignac cook book and ate from that
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 12:16
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang
i was pretty strictly following the plan, but without doing all the food combining stuff. i just got the montignac cook book and ate from that

Hi Swang:
i've bought and read all Montignac books and have cookbooks as well. this plan is very attractive to me since i'm tired of too low carb plan i've been following, besides i'm not losing any more wieght. the only thing i'm confused about is the food combining. so is it possible to follow Phase 1 and ignore food combining? aprreciate your advise. i really want to try this diet, any tips on success?
thanks,
dina
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 23:51

BF:

responded to you other post, basically saying, i didn't bother with the food combining - at least not consciously.

I lost roughly 30 lbs in 4 months on Phase 1 Montingac. I would mainly cook from his cookbook recipes (and hence may have been doing the food combining).

I cut sugary stuff out completely (very rare occasions I'd use crystal fructose).
Stopped drinking alcohol (except a glass of red wine now and then).
I added a spinkle of brewer's yeast to most meals.
Lets think - pretty much no pots, bread, rice, pasta was me for a while. Lots of organic fresh veggies / fruits (trips to Rainbow grocery
I always kept 70% cocoa solid chocolate handy for sugar pangs. Best is Green n Black from rainbow or the locally made one that begins with an S (Scharfenberger?)
Drank lots of skim milk. 1 cup of capaccino in the morning (no drip ever).

plus - I started hatha flow yoga once a week. (didn't used to exercise at all - just sat behind a computer working on my carpal tunnel )

about 18 months later on what is practically phase 2 - kept all the weight off and then some.

Thats all i can think of right now.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 23:53

BF:

sorry - 1 last thing.

I was very careful about picking the GI (and then GL as I learned about that after I left strict Montignac).

I rarely went over 35 GI.

Check out New Glucose Revolution book, or the mendosa site I've posted the URL to a few times around here.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Thank you Spang for the info. Now i think that i'm already on Montignac.
i cut table sugar 25 years ago, and for past year didn't get potatoes, pasta, etc. i do get 1/2 glass of red wine, now and then. alos, i buy 70% and 85% Lind Excellence dark Choccky, and have a square or two once or twise a month. i eat lots of veggies and started to have more fruit now (cutted them on Dr.Bernstein diet). i don't drink milk but have greek yougurt which is low carb and very yummy. i exercise everyday, either wieght training, or aerobics and walking/jogging. sometimes, i think it;s too much. hopefully, i'll start losing again, i've been in a major stall on Atkins nad Bernstein and even started regaining some weight back (first lost down to 159). but couldn't stay on such very tight carb regime (30-40grams), i'm a fruit lover. again, thanks much for the tips, i always thoguht that food combining is just a method to cut off calories. i'll dust off my Montignac cookbook now. i love cooking and cook mostly california style meals, or Provence style. Olive oil, fresh produce, etc.i'll also revisite mendosa GI list. i guess that apples are way too high in GI???
Regards,
Dina