Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-16, 18:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Chrissie, thank-you.

Great loss Peggy.

Wondering where you are also Paulette. Hope you are just busy and things are good.

I was up another .5 this morning, so up 3.5. That's okay, as I think it has something to do with me weighing in 2 hours earlier on Monday than I do on the weekends.

Stay strong CNers.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-16, 08:20
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Thanks Chrissie. Yes, we WILL get the bounces off this week. I'm shooting for a new low this week.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day today! It's pretty out so I'm doing some re-potting of plants I think..........until it gets too how outside. So I better get out there! Ta Ta.
  #288   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 07:31

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning everyone....

i hope y'all have a happy happy hump day
  #289   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 08:34

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello everyone. I am sorry I have not been around much this past week. I was at my Aunt's house most of the time and she did not have WiFi, so I was unable to do my things. My depression is looming and I am having terrible insomnia. I saw my doc yesterday. She gave me some new meds. I was able to get a few hrs of disjointed sleep last night which is more than I have had in a week.

Anyhoo, I was able to get down to 203.6 by CN time (a .8 lb loss). I was happy about that. Did not reach my lowest low yet, but I really hope to do so soon. I had my CN yesterday and it was NOT a low cal or low fat CN. Let's just say that fried chicken and Hershey's Kisses were involved. So today my bounce is a big 6 lbs. Oh Well. Let's hope the whoosh will also be big in a few days...

I am rather disappointed that I did not follow my recent pledge to have a low fat CN. But I am not going to dwell on that now. I think my depressive state made me say "who cares" yesterday and I threw in the towel, so to speak. I am hoping my new meds allow me to exercise more control over this.

Today will be a semi-fasting day, as usual the day after a CN. I have a spinach salad planned for later, and a yogurt shake. Cals need to be lowered as I was very very high yesterday. Very high. If I had any energy I would try to get some activity in. But I don't. So I won't.

PEGGY, good luck with the fasting! I hope you reach your new low!!!! I have not done a complete water fast and I am not sure if I could. I am able to keep the day under 700 cals. 500 would be difficult. That is low enough for me!

ROX, I hope your CN bounce comes off quickly and allows you to see a loss this week. I hate no loss weeks, too, but heck, they are better than gains! Yeah!

CHRISSIE - You are having a CN tomorrow, right? I hope you can see a nice loss by morning to let you feel good about the special day!

------------------

I hope you are all having a better day than I am today!!!!!! It sounds to me like you are all doing fine! We shall be strong!
  #290   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 170.0/165.6/150.0 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 22%

new here and browsing. SO, if I am understanding this correctly, you eat low carb except you eat whatever you want to eat one day a week? And you keep losing weight? I plan to follow atkins total carbs and wonder if this will work?
  #291   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 13:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi13939
new here and browsing. SO, if I am understanding this correctly, you eat low carb except you eat whatever you want to eat one day a week? And you keep losing weight? I plan to follow atkins total carbs and wonder if this will work?

Hi Suzi - the plan is a little bit more than that. We are supposed to get 2 or 3 big insulin spikes one NIGHT a week. (Lower fat is recommended, but it is more difficult to do). The premise is that metabolic hormones tend to bottom out when doing strict low carb for an extended period of time. The insulin spikes will jumpstart the metabolism and get the normal hormonal rhythms cycling again and provide a stronger fat-burning window for about 4 days until the hormones begin to bottom out again.

The plan is great for those who have done low carb for a while and have hit a big plateau. It can also a great maintenance plan. You want to be sure you are in ketosis before starting the plan. The rules are to eat ULTRA low carb for 6 days, then on the 7th day you eat a normal low carb breakfast and lunch, but for the evening, you eat 2 or 3 high carb meals/snacks in a 6-8 hr window right up to bed time to stimulate insulin spikes. (You must be able to do a HARD STOP to the carb eating the next day and until the end of the week. If you cannot do this, then The Carb Nite System may not be the best plan for you).

Basic high-glycemic carbs are recommended. Rice, grains, bread, flour, potatoes, and anything sugary. You must get good high spikes to jumpstart the hormone cycles. That is the basic jist of it. Fruits should be limited as fructose is not quickly stored in the muscles, and that is where you want those carbs to go. To the muscles. A fair amount of water is used to store the carbs, which is why a nice gain is seen the day after the Carb Nite. But as you use them up, you release all the water and see a whoosh a few days later, allowing you to see a lower weight by the 7th day.
  #292   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 14:24
Registered Member

BF:

thank you Paulette for the great explanation.I have a good 20 pounds minimum to lose but will really love to go to30 pounds. I am not near maintenance as yet and think I will continue at least for now with my plans. If you do not mind, I would like to follow you and see what the weight loss is like.Is there a place on this thread that you do post you losses? If not I understand. If I did do this, what kind of weight drop would there be?
  #293   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 14:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi13939
thank you Paulette for the great explanation.I have a good 20 pounds minimum to lose but will really love to go to30 pounds. I am not near maintenance as yet and think I will continue at least for now with my plans. If you do not mind, I would like to follow you and see what the weight loss is like.Is there a place on this thread that you do post you losses? If not I understand. If I did do this, what kind of weight drop would there be?

Hi Suzy. Follow away! I don't normally keep a weight loss chart on this forum, but I always have my weekly goal of losing 1/2 lb if possible. As long as I see a monthly loss, I am happy. No matter how small. Everyone's losses are very individual - it depends on how strict you are with your low carbing and your calories. Some lose a nice amount weekly, some stay basically stable. This is not a plan for "quick" weight loss unless you restrict yourself. But it can be an easily livable plan which allows you a weekly break from the boring low carb week. I admit I have not been as strict as I would like, but I am still happy to be able to lose at a slow, safe rate.
  #294   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 16:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Hi Suzy. Follow away! I don't normally keep a weight loss chart on this forum, but I always have my weekly goal of losing 1/2 lb if possible. As long as I see a monthly loss, I am happy. No matter how small. Everyone's losses are very individual - it depends on how strict you are with your low carbing and your calories. Some lose a nice amount weekly, some stay basically stable. This is not a plan for "quick" weight loss unless you restrict yourself. But it can be an easily livable plan which allows you a weekly break from the boring low carb week. I admit I have not been as strict as I would like, but I am still happy to be able to lose at a slow, safe rate.

it does sound intriguing and I will probably do this once I have gotten a good start on my losses. It would be the same with any diet I guess about the expectations. If you follow one way you lose and another is different. That added to the individuals' ability to lose weight to start with. You are very helpful!
  #295   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 19:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello Ladies.

Nice to see you back with us Paulette. Sorry you have been dealing with the depression stuff again. It is so hard at times to get past it. Don't to hard on yourself about your CN. Push the water and you will do good.

Shout out to Chrissie and Peggy.

Suzi, I have been doing CNS since 2-26-16, was 222.0 then and now I was 184.0 last CN. This plan works, but as Paulette stressed, you have to be disciplined to get right back on plan the following day after CN.

I am not getting my smaller bounce off very fast this week and a little disappointed. Oh well, just like Paulette, I am happy with losing only a little bit or staying the same. The alternative is not good!

Have a great night all.
  #296   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-16, 12:25
Patience Personified

I've gotten my bounce off, but I don't always continue to lose. CN is Saturday, so maybe that will happen. I'm down to 183.4 today and am so trying to get to 181 by Sat. CN.
  #297   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-16, 12:36
Registered Member

BF:

I apologize for the questions.
What happens if you do not lose the weight that you gain from having "CN" before the next one? So you keep going and the weight will eventually come down? Or do you NOT do "CN" until you do lose? Are there personal goals you each make as to when you would or would not eat a carb night?
Sorry Please be patient with me or let me know not to bother you. It would be understandable. I did obtain a copy of the book and it is just not clear on a lot of things.Thank you
  #298   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 06:50
Patience Personified

Welcome Suzi. That has happened to me only once and I actually pushed our CN out to another 10-day cycle (like orientation is 10 days at the beginning) on that one occasion. But every other week, I haven't had much loss and not quite back at the previous week's weight, it has been within 1/2# so I just keep right on truckin' and do my Saturday carb nites on schedule no matter what. I only adjust them for real special occasions like B-day, Anniversary, Wedding, Company. Some people, after a vacation and eating off-plan will go back and do a re-orientation 10-day cycle to sort of "re-kickstart" the diet.

I highly recommend reading Kiefer's boot Carb Nite Solution. I think I bought mine at Amazon If I remember right. I don't know if your local library might have a copy or not. It's an easy read and he does a GREAT job of explaining why LC, Keto, LF diets like WW all stop working at some point and why. That explanation rang true to my personal and actualy experiences with dieting most of my adult life.
  #299   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 08:21

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning everyone....

sorry i haven't been around the last few days.....now it's my turn to go through some stuff

i had a CN last night, with only a modest 2.7 gain from it

welcome suzi!!

i hope all is well with everyone.....i will try to catch up on reading the posts later

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL
  #300   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Welcome Suzi. >>> ( I did remove some text)>>
I highly recommend reading Kiefer's boot Carb Nite Solution. I think I bought mine at Amazon If I remember right. I don't know if your local library might have a copy or not. It's an easy read and he does a GREAT job of explaining why LC, Keto, LF diets like WW all stop working at some point and why. That explanation rang true to my personal and actualy experiences with dieting most of my adult life.

Thank you for the answers to some questions. I, in fact, was able to obtain a copy of that book very quickly at the local used book store near my home.
Paying$3.00 was nice and it was very fast reading. It however, left me with much to question as well as seeing that real people have different experiences and make changes. I joined a group that is only carb night dieters and they all seem to be doing different things there I am still interested in beginning this in the not too far future and want to learn all that I can so as to not make a lot of mistakes and regain what I lose. Thank you