Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: CAD now CALP
Stats: 196/141/126 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Stalled on CAD then gained. Someone help pls :)

Hi all

Im a newbie

Quick history:

I lost around 50 lbs in a year on Atkins, It took forever as I have insulin resistance and didnt know, and I wasnt on any medication.

When I got pregnant I thought it was a licence to binge and gained 45 lbs but really need to lose around 50lbs now, already lost around 15. Baby is 1 years old next week!

Now treating my PCOS and insulin resistance with medication so hoping weight loss will be easier and so fed up with atkins.

on CAD, was going very well for the first month, lost 14 lbs- not got the CALP book, but read CAD nevertheless.

I have lost 15lbs then stalled for a month. I have now gained 2 lbs. I am still feeling good and high energy. I think I am binging at meal times. Well I know Im kind of binging.

Yesterday I had 2oz cheese at CM
RM I had 5 shortbread biscuits, 1 white pitta bread, rice, big big salad, lots of lamb kebab pieces, and a glass of milk, and a chicken wing. It was within the 60 min limit

Am I overloading on carbs

I am trying to follow plan D
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 07:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi D-

first of all, congrats on the baby! And on figuring out about the insulin and the PCOS.

Your CM is too little and I wonder if that is why your RM is too much. You must eat more for cm- proteina dn veggies!!!! Add in lots of veggies and more protein and I think you will be able to have a more balanced RM. Yes, to me your RM is overcarbed, as 5 cookies and pita and rice and milk is not blancing the protein and the veggies. The lamb and salad and chicken wing would balance out the pita OR rice OR a few cookies, not all of it.

Maybe plan out your RMs? GO back and look at what you ate when you wre losing? Give yourself permission to feed yourself a wonderful CM and RM and nourish your body?

Where are you in London? DO you have lots of CM protein and veggies?

Glad you postied- read lots on this list and web site! Keep posting and tell us more about you and how it is going. Start a journal and make new friends here! See if there is a 'buddy' for you in Londond!

E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:

Eno your story has been an inspiration to me and I hope one day I can get to my goal weight and maintain it, something I have never been able to do my whole life!

I think I am not eating enough at CM time, as you say, I am not craving, but quite low on energy and starving by RM time and so I binge out at RM time.

I find it hard to think of CM foods. Sometimes find it hard as baby is quite demanding, teething, so very clingy and whiny! I must start making time to sit and eat properly without being in a whirlwind!

We have all vegies here, I need to make time to learn some receipies to cook them nicely and add interest to them.

Im actually really hungry now as I woke up and had 25grams of cheese in a rush and a coffee with 50 grams milk. I will go and get an omlette now

I am breast feeding still, although not a lot now, but it does effect my appetite, so I get really hungry due to that as well.

I have already planned my RM now, and put some thought into it instead of attacking everything at the table!

Please comment and add to this if you can

I am doing fish in batter (not got a lot of meat in the house today so thinking of adding to the protein part with some cheese, cheese being cheese queesh)

1 slice of cheese queesh

green beans in olive oil and lemon dressing

Large lettuice salad with some cherry tomatoes, onion slices.

Im planning on making my salad seperate to the meal and making the 1/3 balance with green beans protein and carbs

Worried about not enough protein?

The first month I started I did 1/3 balance and I lost half a pound per day. !!

The penny is just dropping lol how we kid ourselves to believe we are doing ok when we want to eat more !

thanks again!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 09:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi D-
that sounds great. You don't need fancy recipes- there are lots and lots on this website in the recipe area- it is easy to just slice up squash or egplant or whatever and sautee in a litle butter or olive oil. Spinach, brocoli, sprouts, celery, cabbage, green beans, kohlrabi, whatever you have. I keep lots of veggies in teh freezer too. There are such wonderful fresh veggies in teh farmers markets in London- and meats and cheeses too (I love the cheeses in the Borrow Market).
Please try and eat enough at cm- and drink lots of water for your nursing!
Hope this helps (HTH) and hopw you continue to write

E
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 07:29
Registered Member

BF:

Hello Eno

I am happy to say that I lost 1 pound yesterday from switching back to healthy CALP!

I substituted the batter on the fish for 3 syrup dumplings, its a turkish recipie called lokma, absoulutely delicious! Fried dumplings soaked in syrup hehe.

Yes I know Borough market well! I studied on Borough High Street right outside the market for 4 years! Im ashamed to say I never went! I was always wrapped up in studying!

London doesnt always have the best weather to rome around in , and so get stuck in doors sometimes!

I met my husband in that area too, so that area of London has a lot of significance to me hehe

Just logged on to tell you my good news about weight loss

Im feeling a lot more positive now and hope to continue on a balanced plan!

Thanks for your helpful advice

Spk soon
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 07:54

Plan: LC Fast-5 with refeeds
Stats: 219/125/120 Female 5'6
BF:Almost to goal!
Progress: 95%

I dont follow CALP every day, I do one one day a week and LC the rest, it works the best for me (because I do binge on CALP)...but I use it to keep my sanity. I can say unless I get TONS of protein, I will over eat in my hour and gain the next day. I ALWAYS try and get a big salad before I eat the rest of the food - and eat a lot of clean, lean protein after that. I think in terms of a LC meal, with a dessert. Or a bread item.

But to me, getting all that protein in there is more important than the salad even. Just in my personal experience.

AND (just my experience) If I have something before, like a CM - it triggers my appetite...and I overeat at my CALP meal. So I normally "Fast-5" that day. Not sure if thats ok if you are breast feeding - and I only do that one day a week. I can't maintain on CALP because I dont have good control with trigger foods.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 10:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi D-
I think you have hit on the key- balnce. Enough protein, veggies and the carb in balance.
So it is Borough market!! thanks-
E
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-09, 08:49
Registered Member

BF:

Hello all

Im happy to report Ive lost 3lbs since doing the balance tecnique !

Im the lowest weight Ive been since giving birth (I gained MORE after having my daughter)

It feels nice to be getting back to normal

My carb cravings are much more controlled and appetite supressed when doing CALP 1/3 instead of CAD (which I abused by eating loads of carbs for 1 hour)

I hope I go on like this!

Be back soon! bye!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-09, 07:12
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi D-
keep it up!
I know you may not believe this, but it will be easier to lose the weight now than at any other time. There are all kinds of hormones your body is making (if you are breast feeding) that help actually breakdown fat. ANd breastfeeding takes lots of calories.
So maybe this will motivate you too!
E