Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 09:22

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 143/121/121 Female 165
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi from Holland

Hi, My name is Marijke. I'm from the Netherlands. I started to eat low carb high fat last year to lose some excess fat, especially belly fat. The fat melted away and I reached my goal weight very soon. I feel more energetic since I eat LCHF. Today I started the first day of a 30 day zero carb challenge. So far I've eaten meat (steak and bacon), two eggs and some cheese.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 12:25

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, fastdutch. You've come to a great place for company on your LC journey. Congrats on quickly reaching a healthy weight--and on making the commitment to stay there.

I'm wondering what is your purpose in taking on the zero carb challenge?

I visited The Netherlands in 2014, and would love to go back. Beautiful country, friendly and fun-loving people. This morning, as an art museum guide, I showed guests our beautiful room featuring 17th century Dutch paintings. Always a favorite stop!

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 04:24

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 143/121/121 Female 165
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
I'm wondering what is your purpose in taking on the zero carb challenge?

Thanks for the welcome!

What I like about the zero carb challenge is the simplicity. I like making less decisions about what I eat. But I really like vegetables, so I'll go back to a more traditional low carb eating style after the challenge. So far (today is my second day) I really like it!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 07:25

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Oh, I definitely agree about simplicity! That's why I can stick with LC. I like to cook sometimes. But mostly, a piece of meat on the grill, some veggies or a salad, and it's done.

Well, I confess I cook quite often. I love the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche, the LC New York Cheesecake (great for company!), the Crack Slaw, LC Meatloaf. Lots of things I've encountered here and on other websites. Still easy!

Simplicity for me is not counting anything: calories, carbs, fat grams, steps, or anything else. It's taken me twenty years to arrive at balance without counting. But I seldom do anymore. I do step on the scales often though, just in case.

Best wishes.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 07:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/212.0/175.0 Female 5ft 5in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Marijke, I'm a newbie here, today is my second day of LC and your success and commitment to LC is encouraging.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 10:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi Marijke and DeaB45!
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn more about this way of eating and to give and get encouragement. I've learned so much from reading older threads on many topics, which has really supported me to understand why this is so healthy for me and helped me to stay on track while learning about what works for me, mentally and physically.

Starting journal can be super helpful. Drop by mine to say hello anytime!