Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 20:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/216/125 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress:
Default New Here, Old to Low-Carb Living

Found this forum today, and am looking forward to getting to know you all.

My highest weight was 300 pounds, and I'm now at 216 pounds, with my goal weight being 125 pounds.

I don't have much in the way of family support, so I'm hoping that with your collective support here, I'll get more understanding. :P
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 21:06

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

You have come to a great place for support and information. There are many successful low carb eaters here who have lost significant amounts of weight, improved their health and been able to maintain these changes over the long term. One thing I notice is that you have set your goal weight quite low. I think one thing that can derail people is expecting too much and then becoming disillusioned when they don't achieve their goal even though they have successfully lost a lot of weight and improved their health.

Jean
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 13:07

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
You have come to a great place for support and information. There are many successful low carb eaters here who have lost significant amounts of weight, improved their health and been able to maintain these changes over the long term. One thing I notice is that you have set your goal weight quite low. I think one thing that can derail people is expecting too much and then becoming disillusioned when they don't achieve their goal even though they have successfully lost a lot of weight and improved their health.

Jean

Thanks for the welcome, Jean.

I'm doing this with my doctor's support, and he's perfectly fine with my goal weight. I also know that that kind of weight loss will take a lot of time, and that's cool, too, because Low Carbing is a lifelong way of eating, rather than a diet that will stop because I "get where I want to be", weightwise.

#4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-17, 15:25

Plan: Atkins, LCHF
Stats: 245/240/140 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Sumaire,

I identify with not having a lot of family support. My husband and kids are kind and helpful but don't understand the severity of my issues with food. They have a lot of unhealthy trigger foods around the house. They are trying to improve, but that's more me helping them.

So I hope we both find support here! Your success so far is inspiring to me. What a great encouragement! :-)

-Tiger
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 13:09

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger I
Hi Sumaire,

I identify with not having a lot of family support. My husband and kids are kind and helpful but don't understand the severity of my issues with food. They have a lot of unhealthy trigger foods around the house. They are trying to improve, but that's more me helping them.

So I hope we both find support here! Your success so far is inspiring to me. What a great encouragement! :-)

-Tiger

I get that.

At least I do the majority of the cooking around here, so my daughter is eating what I make. At 34, she knows I'm not a short-order cook. <grin>
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 08:19

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

You've come to a good forum for company along the journey. Lots of us have been here for years and years, because we know the value of support, conversation, and personal accountability.

Best wishes.