Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:47

Plan: Scwarzbein Principle
Stats: 214/214/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Saying Good-Bye to Sweets

There's no other way to put it. I'm a sugar addict, getting many "doses" everyday.

I've read The Schwarzbein Principle and it all makes such sense. But I'm apprehensive about giving up my beloved sweets, and dreading the withdrawal. And strange as it sounds, I feel as though I'll grieve for them.

If anyone has gone through this, I'd so appreciate your encouragement.

Thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 09:35

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 178/158/145
BF:36%/23.5%/22.5%
Progress: 61%
Default It's easier than you think!

Welcome to our LC World!

No need to stress out about your sugar cravings. This is a new lifestyle for you. On a typical LF diet we're restricted from certain foods, even feel guilty if we think about sweets. You will find when you're on TSP, you won't miss sugary stuff at all! If you feel week, you can have fruit - with every meal if you want.

I remember one diet (of millions) that I was on years ago. It was so restrictive that I used to go into a bakery just for the smell! I used to think if I couldn't eat it, I could smell it to get over my craving. So, okay, if they had little samples out on the counter.... well, you know.

For me there was no sugar-withdrawl at all with TSP. I honestly can tell you I don't miss them at all, never did. Take this from the girl who used to tell people - "don't leave me alone in a room with a chocolate chip cookie!"

Again, welcome and good luck!

Susan.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 10:09

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I always have some carb withdrawal...though nothing as serious as a headache (which can happen...particularly if you've eaten a lot of chocolate - caffeine!)...what I have is pure unadultered crankiness for the first two days. Then *poof* it disappears and I'm in a much better mood and could care less if someone is eating donuts in front of me.

Good luck...it'll be fine and we're all here for you!

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 08:09

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 300/251/155
BF:
Progress: 34%

This is the first plan that I've been on that removed my food cravings. I was a total sugar-holic for most of my life. It was like a drug that I couldn't control no matter how much I tried. The day I started this plan, my cravings left and haven't returned. Occasionally, when every one around me is eating stuff I used to crave, I get minor cravings (like 5% of before). But, on this plan, you can always fill up and never have to leave the table hungry, so the cravings quickly leave.

Also, in the beginning, I had minor food cravings and several days of depression (probably related to my monthly cycle). I realized that I needed a few more carbs (which is mentioned in the book.)

We're all different and respond differently, but this is working for me. Another thing that I had to realize is that the western eating culture is really messed up. Most fast food meals are mainly based on carbs. Restaurant portions are growing to enormous portions. The food pyramid does not work for me. I had to make a conscience decision to reject this food culture and commit more time, despite my busy schedule, to shopping in the market, preparing my own meals at home, and even washing more dishes. If it extends my life, it's worth it.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 14:19

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Saying Good-Bye to Sweets

Quote:
Originally posted by HaveFun

If anyone has gone through this,

We've all gone through it!

We've been there and are doing that! It's a daily walk, friend. YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!

You gotta get that nasty sugar and flour outta your body first, then the cravings will FLEE FROM YOU like a cockroach runs from a cat! That sugar is a big fat cockroach--chase it away! Wish it into the cornfield!

Time, time, time is all it takes. Eat the whole foods that are lo carb and you are on your way. And read and participate in this forum, start a journal, too. We're all here WITH YOU!