Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198.5/198.5/130
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb diet buddies

ugh, well. my mother isn't doing this thing with me after all and i'm in DESPERATE need of a diet buddy!!! if people don't keep me in check i cheat...and cheat and cheat and cheat...it's not a good thing!!! SOOO if anyone needs a diet buddy i'll be more than happy to keep your butt in line if you'll help me too : ) okay, i have to go study *ugh* have a great night everyone

-wussypuff
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 19:46

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:

wussypuff,
I wish I lived near you! You can do this! If you feel weak...come here! Have you tried putting up a flier at the school or at the grocery store to see if anyone in your town is doing this? I'm sure there is. Maybe you could find a workout buddy too. That always helps!
What is happening in your life that makes you cheat? What type of situation are you in and who are you with when this happens?

Smile,
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 22:54

Plan: not sure
Stats: 182/182/
BF:
Progress:

hello,
I need help too...I have to lose weight. I need a weight loss buddy too.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 06:03

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy HI!

Welcome!...I'm pretty new here too! But I tell you this is the best group I have ever found! LOTS OF SUPPORT! Where do you live? I'm in Waller Tx.
Smile,
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 18:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Really.....who needs a diet buddy...when you have all of us
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 19:03

Plan: Diabetes Control/own adaptation
Stats: 343/270/ 200
BF:
Progress:
Default You can do it

When you cheat, it's only you that you hurt. You are too good a person to hurt, aren't ya? You are worth treating well.

One thing that helps me when I get the urge to munch is having fresh vegetables. When I want potato chips I slice up a cucumber and use a low carb salad dressing for dip.

If that doesn't work I get some pork rinds. I found that after the first 2 weeks, it was alot easier, and after the first month, it's become a habit. While I still want to cheat from time to time, I don't keep cheatables in the house, and all I have left is healthy stuff.

If my husband or the kids bring cheatables home, they eat them then and there, and they aren't allowed hanging around (why tempt fate ). It helps us all. With it not here all the time, someone actually has to take the time to go and get it. By that time, the urge to munch has usually passed .

You can do it, and everyone here understands, and have been there a time or two, including me. I definately understand how you feel. Good luck, and remember you are NEVER alone in the diet wars.