Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh, you poor thing! I love cayenne and sprinkle it on everything (well, ALMOST everything), and have considered taking it in capsules ..... NOT. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:37

Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

MONDAY
Regular Low Carb
· high protein dinner/no carb will help hunger on F.F. day

TUESDAY
Fat Fast
· 90% fat, 1000 calories
· additional 3 cup S.F. Jell-O
· headaches mean drink more water

WEDNESDAY
Regular low carb/no dairy/calorie boost

·avoid any known stall foods
·eat as many calories as possible up to 13 calories per lb of weight
·choose carbs from vegetables (preferably green) not dairy or processed meats

THURSDAY
Lean Protein

· low calories
· low fat
· lean protein whole foods (unprocessed)
· lots of water

FRIDAY
Regular low carb, no dairy, calorie boost

· avoid any known stall foods
· eat as many calories as possible up to 13 calories per lb of weight

SATURDAY
Meat Fast

· no dairy
· no vegetables
· no aspartame
· no caffeine
· water, water, water
· whole foods (NO bacon, ham sausage etc)

SUNDAY
Regular low carb
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:50

BF:

Okay after typing this darn thing out 3 times and then having one thing or anyther happen...well I finally got it up.

The main point of clarification is the calorie boost days. Eat as much as possible, without including dairy, up to 13 calories per person without making yourself sick. The reasonings behind this are the inclination to eat very little after a FF or Lean fast. She also said she would often throw a meat fast in on the weekends but this was not a regular part of her regimen.

The main purpose of this rotation is to confuse the body into never stalling out. This rotation with the FF and lean protein seemed to work for this group of people.

Oh, another point she had was that there were just some days when a FF was impossible for one reason or another. She would throw in a extra lean day or meat fast if the FF couldn't be done. She found that eating a high protein, low or no carb dinner the night before the FF seemed to curb her appetite on the FF days.

The elimination of dairy was one of the best stall breakers amongst the group and this is why they systematically including it into the rotation.

One last point. She found that the best weight loss was done by never mixing animal proteins in one day. Has anyone every tried this? I found this very interesting as in researching home diets for my cats, this was a huge point in serveral authors books (i.e. never mixed raw chicken with raw beef liver). She said it takes different enzmes to digest different meats and mixing them just slows the whole process down. I would like to hear comments on this as I know it applies to my cats but never thought of it applying to myself....

Hopefully this somewhat clarifies things for y'all
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by r.mines
Oh, you poor thing! I love cayenne and sprinkle it on everything (well, ALMOST everything), and have considered taking it in capsules ..... NOT. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rachel

Me too! I add pepper or cayenne to everything so this really came as a shicker. I have just had my voice return today as my throat was so red and sore that it hurt to talk. I am still amzed at this and wonder what happened to cause such a painful reaction. Perhaps my stomach acids were off or something...

Needless to say, I will not take the supplements again...live and learn.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 12:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks Stina!

Quote:
One last point. She found that the best weight loss was done by never mixing animal proteins in one day. Has anyone every tried this?

I have thought about this and it was a point brought up in Fit for Life. As I recall, they said you shouldn't mix them in the same meal, but having a day of all of the same protein makes sense.

I think I will try this...

Karen
Closed Thread