Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-15, 07:04

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default Bread with no grain, no egg yolks - is it possible?

I had to quit eating eggs, as the yolks are high in arachidonic acid, and that aggravates bursitis and arthritis.

So I'm looking for a new low-carb bread recipe - without egg yolks, and without grain (coconut flour, almond flour OK) but I can't seem to find one. I've clicked and clicked and clicked (too bad clicking isn't considered exercise) and can't find one.

Does anyone know of one?

Thanks,
Bob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-15, 09:14

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I make a flat bread out of ground flaxseed and chia - though you can leave out the chia if you want. I just make one slice at a time because that's all I eat for lunch, but it would be easy to double or triple up.

2 TBSP of ground flaxseed
2 TBSP of water
1 tsp of chia (optional)

Mix, and place in the fridge to set - it starts out very liquidy, but it will firm up. I mix it at breakfast time, and finish it up at lunchtime - but you don't have to wait that long.
So when I am ready to make my lunch, I spread out the thickened mixture on parchment paper into a rough square, and microwave for 2 minutes. Place it on a rack to cool a few minutes, and my slice of bread is ready to make into a sandwich, or roll it up with a tasty spread.

Calories: 85, Fat - 7g, Carbs - 8g, Fibre - 6g, Sugar - 0g, Protein - 4g
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-15, 13:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

In an effort to use up egg whites, I've made the revolution rolls with egg whites only, a few Tbsp ground flax seed, and... I don't remember what else. Probably a few Tbsp mayo. I've made them a few different times with different ingredients and they turned out decent.

(ETA) Flax is often used as a vegan substitute for eggs, so you might be able to find some recipes googling that way (as loathe as you might be to look up 'vegan' recipes. )
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-15, 13:50

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Coconut bread using egg whites: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/toasted-sub-sandwich-and-panini/

Here is one I like. It calls for a whole egg but you can probably go with the whites: http://www.healthextremist.com/coconut-flour-loaf-bread-recipe/
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-15, 16:49

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Thanks!

Bob