Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/170/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Confession

Hi. I'm addicted to sweets and coffee. I will eat a bag of marshmallows, take a spoon of brown sugar, if there is no other sweet around. I went on Atkins 14 day primer, a couple months ago and I felt great. So I'm now here asking for a buddy to help me stick to it again. I'm great helping others but have lack of discipline when it comes to myself. Thanks! P.S. I just noticed I can change the color of this message.... I choose Chocolate. Need I say more? loulou
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 17:10

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

I've been known to take a chunk of brown sugar (you know the big lumps that bonds together in the bottom of the tupperware container after a while?) and dip them into the butter dish and eat them.

There see? You're not alone here, my friend!!!

I just decided to leave out the brown sugar, and keep the butter

Welcome to low carbing. Loulou - you will find gobs of buddies here. Have you restarted induction yet?

Visit the Journal section on this board and think about starting a journal of your own. Lots of the *old timers* will visit and celebrate how you're doing. Hang in there!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 21:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Hi Lou Lou

Welcome here! I would certainly be willing to give U the support and encouragement U need and Im sure U will find many others here that will inspire U with there wisdom . I am definitely a carb junkie and altho I am at goal weight, I will never be cured. Im just one piece of pie away from triggering my addictions and so I just take each day as it comes and hopefully it will be one more day away from carbs.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 06:38

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:

Hi loulou, I know exactly how you feel - I too am great at giving advice but find it a lot harder to stick with it myself. I'm as addicted to sweets as you are, I was eating a family size chocolate block every day for awhile. I'm feeling quite down and in need of motivation at the moment so I would love to be a low-carb buddy for you if you'd be willing to do the same for me!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 10:31

Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Welcome lulu buddy

Hi there, hope I spelled it right. I am sabrina and I am indeed a carb junkie also. My weight is a dead giveaway!!!! With other additives, of course. Well we are all in the same boat here, some worse than others but we are all here for one another. Some of them were once where we are now and look at their accomplish. LC SPONGE, GWILSON, need I say more. These women are awesome, and the men in this forum are wonderful as well. Don't forget to post any questions you may have and post often. Talk to ya soon, sabrina
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 12:15

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default thanks Sabrina

Im blushing!!!! Thanks for such kind words. You have such a good attitude U will do awesome aswell!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 06:24

Stats: 135/135/115
BF:

hi loulou,

i can completely relate to your habits, because i've been there countless times. i'd love to communicate with you, too, because i'm fed up with my failures and am just now starting atkins. how's it going with you? any weight lost? are your carb cravings lessening?

-stacy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 14:53

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

I used to be so hard up for chocolate that I could whip up so homemade chocolate frosting in a minute on the stove, sugar, cocoa, butter, milk vanilla and walla, a whole pan of chocolate frosting, but wait, no cake to put it on, oh well, I guess I will eat it myself. Now, since this summer, I have not done this. But, if anybody needs a great chocolate frosting recipe, you know where to come.
Cindy
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 10:00
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

I think I will steer clear of that chocolate frosting recipe, (thats way too tempting for me )

We're all junkies, but like all junkies, we can kick the habit. I'm on my third round of rehab. But this time, I'm going to beat it. I've got all the support right here in this forum, isn't it wonderful. Just look at some of the stats of the members, how far they've come. I love reading the journals and seeing what other eat and how they maintain their goal. And the determination, it always rubs off on me. Just love it.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:51

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Hi everyone....

i too was a total GOODY ADDICT!!!
Cindy--- I would also make chocolate frosting and just eat it with a spoon if I had nothing else sweet.

ONE BETTER---- cinnamon sugar---- just eat spoon fuls
I would eat ANYTHING that was sweet!
When I tried to stop myself by not buying my sweets--- I'd just resort to eating pure sugar!!

Lu Lu--- you just got to stick with it!! You know you can do it!!!
Turtle23 is having a rough time too and looking for a buddy--- maybe you two could team up and help each other through the rough first couple weeks?
Ellie
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 00:35
Registered Member

Stats: 195/159/145
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default hi everyone

Ok I guess I was a goody addict too sugar bread oh that does sound bad LOL. I haven't been here for weeks its good to be back and read about the trials and tribulations and the success are great inspiration.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:34
Registered Member

Stats: 222/217/160
BF:
Progress: 8%

Geeze i think i could use a buddy also..... i start induction on Monday January 7th....Looking forward to it though
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:58
Registered Member

BF:
Default hi justme

We all need buddies don't we well this is a good place, from
what I have read here there is so much information and so many people here seem so helpful.

So goodluck to you !!!

I did blow it pretty good over christmas I knew I would though so I started induction today
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 03:07

Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%

I fell off the wagon over Christmas too (well, more leaped off really!) and thought to myself that it would be really easy to restart on induction- my cravings had stopped & I was even able to bake cookies & muffins for my family & friends without sampling them myself! It's sooooo much harder this time though. Not least because there's so much chocolate in the house from Christmas. My kids think they got way more than usual. They didn't- it's just that I'm not scoffing half a bar of Dairy Milk everytime I open the fridge door!

I was always really bad for bread, bananas & potatoes. Bread I really don't like the taste of now. I tried a slice of toast & it tasted weird. Bananas- I had one for my breakfast & it gave me a raging headache & turned me into some sort of evil demon-mother. (OK, it was quite early & my children didn't notice too much of a difference...!) Potatoes... well, I still could snatch a roast potato from the mouth of a starving orphan, once the mood takes me!

But if it wasn't difficult we wouldn't be here! We wouldn't have found out about these cool people (LCSponge- as soon as I read Loulou's message I thought of you- I've heard that story before about your brown sugar & butter habit! ) We'd be missing out on so much! We'd also be thinner, obviously... I'm going to shut up now...

BTW, Mags- is that a recent photo? You look fantastic!

Good luck everyone!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default hi daisy

I don't know why it seem harded but it does to me too probably because its also hard letting go of the holidays. I always have trouble there.well this year I am trying a new atitude i am looking forward to the thin me coming out to play.I want to buy some new jeans for my birthbay in feb.I finally got my favorite exersize book back from a friend (Joyce Verdels fat burners workout) I am planing on doing wild women 5 days a week.It worked several times before Its weights and aroebic at the same time. Ever try it?