Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-13, 18:51
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 149/138/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Totally cheated...back to induction

Canadian Thanksgiving did me in, and then for the next week I kept saying "back on tomorrow. It is so hard for me to get back on track after I've gone off. Well, I successfully finished day 1 for the 100th time today. Sooo hungry and sooo bored with low carb foods. I love my pasta, but I know it's not good for me or my waistline. Aaaarg, I wish I loved meat the way I love pasta.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-13, 19:47

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 205/152/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

pasta has always been one of my loves too but it's amazing how your tastes change over time. stay away from it. eat all the low carb foods you love, especially those high in fat. stay full, stay satiated, so you'll be less likely to cheat. after a few days or so, many of the worst cravings are over. you can do it!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-13, 15:51

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

The good thing is you are back on track!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-13, 16:38

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

You can never love meat the way you love pasta.

Because meat is a food... and pasta is a drug.

Right? Which one do you want even though you aren't hungry? Which one can you have every day without "getting bored?" Which one do you want when you are stressed or upset?

Which one acts like food?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-13, 22:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

There are so many delicious low-carb meals that there's no need to get bored. I always enjoy looking for new recipes, and that has made the diet a real treat for me. Gordon Ramsey's recipes are always quick and tasty, and All Recipes dot com have a huge selection of excellent recipes with reviews. There are some great recipes here on the forum, and in other low-carb blogs, etc. Everyone enjoys something different, but it's just a matter of trying things out.

Have you tried shiritaki noodles? I still haven't tried them, but seemingly they don't have a flavour, but absorb the taste of foods you cook with them, so you could probably cook them up with butter and herbs and serve them with a traditional pasta sauce - pesto and cheese, or bolognese. Otherwise, try serving bolognese with coleslaw on the side, instead of over pasta - that's how I eat it.. I also enjoy a dish made by frying up an onion, adding noodles made from cabbage, then once that's cooked, melt through some cheese and season with freshly ground pepper - very tasty.

The longer you low-carb, the less you'll miss the starchy foods. Quite apart from breaking the habit, the desire for them simply diminishes.

Perhaps you simply need to eat more of the right foods. There's no need to feel hungry on a low-carb diet. Your stats weight is pretty good, so there's no need to deprive yourself too much.