Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 06:09
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Who doesn't exercise?

I've been on Atkins since 6/2/03 and have only excercised a few times since beginning. I have many reasons why I haven't.
My goal this week is to try to get up early enough in the AM to get on my treadmill before coming to work...hard hard task since I feel I already don't get enough sleep as it is.

Anywho's is there anyone else like me out there? ANd if so, how much weight have you lost?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:29

Stats: 190/140/140 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't. Same here - excersized just a few times.

In my case - I'm just lazy. I admit it. What's worse - I don't even walk half as much as I used to.

I am slowly moving, however, towards talking myself into at least doing 50 ab-slides a day (a bit concerned where all this skin is going to go after I actually loose the weight if I don't get those muscles in tone. Would hate to have a droopy stomache). Maybe I should just start pinching myself in order to start?

On the plus side, TWO people yesterday remarked: "My god, I can now see it - you've lost weight!"

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:32

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default work that butt, mamma!!!!!

you don;t want to end up like me. I lost 100 pounds while sitting on my bootie slaming down beef jerky! Sounds good right? Ever see silence of the lambs? My extra skin alone would be enough for that guy to make his "female Jumpsuit" Don't get me wrong, I look alright but you don't want to see me naked
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 20:15
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

Further you're funny
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 00:25

Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Exercise? Who Me?

I'm not exercising either. I have been on Atkins since 3/24/03 and I have only lost 10 pounds. I am still in induction! I broke my ankle about a year ago and hobbled around in various pressure casts, splits and ankle braces. It was a nightmare for one moment of clumsiness on my part. Now, my back is all out of whack from compensating while I had the casts on my ankle. I am taking muscle relaxors for that! ahahahhaha! My back hurts too much of walk and the only other excercise I get is opening another can of tuna!! Just blowing off steam with you guys. I guess I will sit here at 1:30 am. and exercise my face muscles....That's the only part of me that doesn't hurt! LoL - Lyda Rose
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 14:48

Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%

I'm not excercising either. Knees are really bad. Weights coming off though, slowly. Hoping getting more weight off will let me do a some walking.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 10:28

Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys! Further, I thought your email was hilarious! But then I know that having loose skin is no laughing matter, I just think your take on it was a great line!

With this back pain, excercise is very difficult, except for swimming. I only get an opportunity to do that about twice a month, so I am trying to get with a walking, or in my case, "lurching" program.

Saw my doctor yesterday and he is still keeping me on muscle relaxers but gave me some steriods for the short term - just a couple of months and some mild pain pills to allow me to move about more and get off my butt!

I took that as a opportunity to complain about my slow weight loss on Atkins, so he siphoned off about 3 vials of blood for testing. Maybe that loss of blood will put me down about a 1/4 pound on the scale!! Hahahaha.

So, It will be good to know if I do have a thyroid problem. That would be an easy fix for this difficulty I am having losing weight. I can't even get into Ketosis after 5 months of strict induction.

Keep me posted on your endeavors! Lyda Rose
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 19:04
Registered Member

Stats: 208/178/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hey guys!

Give "8 minutes in the morning" a try by jorge cruise. see jorgecruise.com for some of the details. I think it is helping me and my metabolism is SLOW. It is basically 2 strength exercises you do every morning. I love it and I am NOT a morning person.

Cheers!
S.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 05:17
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

Well you all I have joined Curves fitness center this week and today will be my 3rd work out. I have already lost 3 lbs this week so far. So I'm glad I finally found the motivation to excercise. I wish you all luck with your efforts.