Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 11:02

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdomino

I was just at Q-Bec cafe in Lasalle to pick up Divinci's and they are WAY DOWN on their stock!!! The Divinci company has been sold off and it might be harder to get this stuff. Right now the guys are waiting to get enough orders to order more in BUT WE have to move fast!!! I asked them to get in Cherry, Banana, and root beer. Call them T O D A Y to order your fav! CALL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
Their number is 514 365 2111.

Did they have any vanilla left?? I'm going to go there tonight....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 16:34

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOO Montrealers...how are you all doing??? you've all gone soooo quiet...how's LCing going???

Just thought of saying hiya to my city friends

ciao
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 04:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 0/0/0 Male 0
BF:
Progress:

hi ya back! I've slowed down--it's hard to stay on specially thru the holidays but I'm trying--how r u doin Lan?
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 06:02

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

i am good thank you...yes, it is hard to follow any way of eating or diet or whatever you want to call it throughtout the holidays...but...living in montreal and with allll the snow we had, its a good work out just to ski and skate...mind you i plan this every winter

aside from that, i am doing good...havent lost but so long i maintain its ok with me...do you do any sports during winter? your body burns more outside than inside cause you have to beat the cold while your outside...or even go for a good walk through the snow is a good workout...

well dont give up..hand in there...just try to watch all them carbs for the next 2 weeks and you do just fine...

be good
ciao
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 17:07

Plan: paleodiet
Stats: 200/200/180 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Newbie inside !

Hello everyone !

I'm a young (26 years) low carb beginner in the making who want to be healthier than today (not that i'm obese,far from it,but having a BMI of almost 30 begin to be a bit worrysome)..

In hope to find some help and support around here..or even actually meet some peoples from Montreal (why not?) !

Mattiew (alias Heineken26)

------------------------

Salut tout le monde !

Je suis un tout jeune (26 ans) debutant sur le regime bas en carbohydrates qui veut être en meilleur santé qu'aujourd'hui (pas que je sois obèse,loin de là,mais avec un BMI de presque 30,ca commence a devenir inquietant pour le long terme)..

Dans l'espoir de trouver un peu d'aide et de support dans les environs..ou même actuellement rencontrer des personnes de Montréal (pourquoi pas ?) !

Mattiew (alias Heineken26)

Last edited by Heineken26 : Thu, Dec-29-05 at 17:31.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 03:47
Registered Member

Stats: 0/0/0 Male 0
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Mattiew!

Welcome to the low carbers! If there's any information you need feel free to ask!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 16:34

Stats: 215/215/165 Male 5'9"
BF:dunno!

Hey!
I just started Atkins out here in Montreal (west-island)... 5'9, 215 pounds... need to go down to 170...

I found some nice low-carb stuff at loblaws on St-Jean, and I'll go see at Health-Tree soon.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 19:22

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/192/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi anyone still on this forum. Can't see anything going on since March 20/07. I am new at Atkins and would like to write in French with people from Montreal or all over the world. My English is not perfect and I have to look at lot in the dictionary which is much time consuming but I like it also. It makes me practice.

Would be nice to hear from someone.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-07, 21:15

Stats: 168/143/135 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hi there

i'm still here, but more reading than posting, Let it be in English, because I need practice my English too. I'm with Atkins already from 2004 all the way and happy.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-07, 15:45

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'm still around. I speak/read French, but please don't make me type it on an English keyboard

Feel free to post to me in French if you like!!!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-09, 21:55

Plan: aTKINS
Stats: 221/212/195 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:
Default Low carb bread

Guys...I have been on my second week of atkins and craving bread... where can I find the lowest (tasty if possible) low carb bread in the West Island? I live in Ile Perrot.

I hear loblaws and some stores on St-Jean blvd but I don't see any specfic bread... any ideas of a special brand?

cmlegend

Started at 218
Now at 212
20 to go
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-12, 13:06

Stats: 222/222/190 Male 5'8
BF:

Anything new in Montreal?
I am looking for places where i could fine low carb food besides low carb bars at GNC
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-12, 13:08

Stats: 222/222/190 Male 5'8
BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlegend
Guys...I have been on my second week of atkins and craving bread... where can I find the lowest (tasty if possible) low carb bread in the West Island? I live in Ile Perrot.

I hear loblaws and some stores on St-Jean blvd but I don't see any specfic bread... any ideas of a special brand?

cmlegend

Started at 218
Now at 212
20 to go

I am in Vaudreuil and would be very interrested in knowing also.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-13, 18:44

Plan: Somersize/Paleo/My Own
Stats: 150/147/130 Female 5ft 5.5in
BF:Too much
Progress: 15%

Hi all, I'm in the greater Montreal area.

I did Somerzing a few years back (after my last child) and got back down to my normal weight. Fast forward to today... a few years of major stress and poor eating habits and I ballooned back up to 150lbs. I'm back on the Somerzing train for the last few days and already dropped 3lbs.

I do not eat "low carb" foods, I just eat regular whole foods but no grain or starchy/sweet vegetables. (No bread, crackers, chips, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, rice etc). I have a wheat allergy which I have been ignoring but can't any longer as it is affecting my health and I'm sure helped in my weight gain. Nuts and chocolate are hard on my digestion (but I love them!!!). I do try to eat certified organic when I can get it (there is a good organic meat supplier on-line in QC).

The Paleo/Primal way of eating has sprung up with lots of great recipes using real food (although they do like to use sweet potatoes). So that has been a source of recipe inspiration for me. Nomnompaleo is a great site for recipes - do a search for it.

I will eat the occasional bit of rice noodles with spaghetti sauce or plain oatmeal with a sprinkle of coconut sugar if I want a treat and it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss. We'll see how this time goes.

Wishing everyone a great day/night!
  #75   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 06:35

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Old thread, but there will be a KetoFest in Montreal on June 1st.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/billets...Dm1gLhuI6UcXtHA