Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: no rice
Stats: 132/132/112 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

HI I HAVE the same problem... they say dont eat salad during induction ? please reply ..
thanks
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 16:53
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default Yes -- you must eat vegetables/salad even on induction

Hi again!

You MUST EAT AT LEAST 2 cups of salad vegetables plus 1 cup of other allowed vegetables OR 3 cups of salad on Atkins -- this includes induction.

Salads are a good way to get some extra fat in -- add some cheese or nuts (after induction) to your salad, use full fat dressings, add crumbled bacon, add crushed pork rinds, etc. And don't rely on iceberg lettuce -- use spinach, romaine, baby greens, etc. for extra taste and nutrition.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: no rice
Stats: 132/132/112 Female 5'4
BF:

cool.. thanks again grlygrl
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 16:28

Stats: 184/170/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Wow! You guys have some great ideas for LC in college! I'm in third year myself, and started atkins in november. I'm finding that its really hard to not cheat in the caf. The salads are kind of expensive for my tastes ($5-something for about a cup and a half), but for some reason I never would have thought of ordering the hamburgers there withut the buns. I don't know why, cuz I do it when I eat out with friends. I guess it just never clicked. Thanks!!

Does anyone have ideas for snacks to grab on the way to class? I'm on induction still, and have gotten kind of sick of celery and cheese sticks.

This diet has been great to me so far... I'm finally drinking all the water I should, rather than koolaid and pop. gotta admit though, i really miss my choco milk duing those long lectures!! lol
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 09:15

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 440.0/421.0/200.0 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am also a college student and don't find it hard either! Before doing Atkins I had NO willpower at all, so I pack lunch everyday... so does a friend of mine. It stops me from looking through all the bad foods in the lunch line - and I'm happier when I know I'm eating healthier.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 23:05

Stats: 186/182/165 Male 70 in
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: Chocolate milk

Hey Mookins-

I'm new to Atkins, but my parents have been on it for a while. You mentioned that you miss your chocolate milk. My mom buys this lc chocolate milk called Carb Control and it doesnt taste too bad. It's nothin like the real stuff, but it was close enough that you might wanna give it a shot. As for the white milk of the same brand, I think Carb Control has some work ahead of them (it tasted like Elmer's glue mixed with NutraSweet).

Tony
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

Sabazel, just wanna know what have u been eating or do u exercise to reach that weight?

thats my goal weight...

well congrats anways
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 18:04

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/127/130 Female 5'7
BF: BMI:26%/20%/20%
Progress: 109%

I am also in college and at first I was really worried about how my diet would deal with the fact that I was still planning on drinking. I drink Bacardi Superior with diet coke and I find that it has no adverse affect on my diet at all. lol In fact I lost weight after a couple nights of drinking. Go figure! But I would reccommend going the first two weeks w/out any alcohol. It may be tough for some but its worth it. Plus, your tolerance will be way lower. lol
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:15

Stats: 430/430/200 Male 5'10"
BF:

School is back in session for another year... yay...

I know for me, staying away from beer is a big thing.

I drink a lot of water though, and Bacardi and Diet Cola has got me through a few parties already.

Scott.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 10:40

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default New to the site...

Hi All!

My name is Jenn and I'm new to this site. I have been doing Atkins on and off for a couple of years but haven't had much success as I never stuck with it long enough. I recently lost about 13 pounds through another type of medically supervised low carb/low cal diet and plan to do Atkins to lose the last 7 pounds and *hopefully* keep it off this time! I am in my third year of a four year nursing program in Toronto and am actaully glad to be back in school cause I find having the routine comforting. My only problem is immediately when I get home from school (I live off campus); that's when I crave carbs the most! Any suggestions to keep fom cheating???

Thanks!

P.S. I am a little confused about the way this website is set up so if I have posted this in the completely wrong section...sorry!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 17:56

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/127/130 Female 5'7
BF: BMI:26%/20%/20%
Progress: 109%

Take some snacks with you to class so that you aren't famished when you finally get home. I like to have some nuts on hand just to keep me going through out the school day. If you snack strategically you won't be starving EVER. It's hard I know but that is the goal.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 21:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/158/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For snacks I have tried light jell-o, which isn't too bad. Every once in a while I take a low-carb bar (usually atkins, they are cheaper at walmart) to school with me. It takes the edge off.. the almond brownie one is horrid but I liked cookies and cream.
I generally eat two salads a day and a bowl of low carb special K for breakfast. It really isn't that many carbs and I find that I need them because I run and otherwise my muscles hurt.
My best advice though is to drink a lot of water - it helps during class. I actually bought a Nalgene bottle after becoming tired of carting around evian bottles and having them leak all over my stuff. The ounces of water are also marked on the bottle - which is great because it helps you keep track of how much you need to drink - only two large nalgene bottles!

And my favorite thing about LC and student life... wing night! dry spiced with hot sauce and sour cream on the side! yum!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 10:04

Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Doing the LC thing with school!

Wow, not only am I going to school again after 6 years, I'm starting LCing again. This seems like an obstacle that I cannot accomplish. for all of you that can manage to do this, I truly admire you. I'm not a drinker but I do smoke the herbal cigarettes which totally anhilate me in the craving department.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 15:34
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

FATTIEGIRL-
MARSHMELLOWS equal SUGAR! a type of carb that doesnt have to be listed as a card! SUGAR=tire around your waste!! Dont give into TEMPTATION!!!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 19:25
Registered Member

Stats: 265/240/140 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 20%

I was just wondering if anyone knows what can i snack on during induction.